Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jesters Blood Angels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Jesters Blood Angels Empty
PostSubject: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 2:23 pm

Thinking of trying this list now:

Mephiston
Librarian Epistolary
Honor Guard
razorback Assault Cannon
10 man jump squad pfist, melta x2
10 man assault squad pfist, melta x2
rhino rocket, light
5 man assault squad melta x2
rhino rocket, light
baal pred h bolters, light
baal pred h bolters, light
9 Death Company 3 power wps
Chaplain C-melta
rhino light
Sang Priest jpack

4 Dedicated Assault units: (2) 10 man assault squads, mephiston, and DC
2 Dakka Machines: Baals (can also take out light armor)
1 dedicated anti tank: Librarian and small squad w/ dual meltas.
1 Supplementary: Honor squad moves to area needed to offer FNP and FC to units. They add numbers to an assault if need be w/ 2 attacks each and a sang priest that is not targettable until the squad is dead.

If facing vendettas, I will put mephy in one of the vehicles. Otherwise he advances behind a rhino.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 4:55 pm

I like it, I'm still not sure on Mephy personally. He's a beast if you use him right, but 1 round of decent fire from a Plasma Vet squad can drop him with no response, not sure if I like spending that much on something that can drop that fast. Let me know how he works for you, I've heard somewhat mixed reviews so far. What power were you considering for the Libby other than Lance? As I said in my army list I really like Fear but I'm undecided on the second choice. How did you kit out your HGuard? Rocket = Hunter-Killer? How do you have a 5man RAS with 2 Melta? Melta/Infernus? I like it over all, but it seems a bit low on AT Fire, granted I play mostly against IG so my view is always a little skewed when it comes to killing tanks.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 9:55 pm

I agree it is low on Anti Tank as is - but I really don't know how to fix that with the new BA book! I feel like every list I make is weak vs. armor.

You must remember my other army is mech guard and I usually run 13 tank at 2k points, so I am very familiar with what it takes to crack that nut! The problem I run into with the BA is simply they have no ranged AT that is worth taking. I really feel like putting points into LC's would be a waste since the whole army wants to move forward, toting melta guns with them. I thought about some multimelta bikes, but there's not much difference between 12" MM or 6" melta when you are just trying to close anyway.

I certainly need to do some playtesting against guard, but I just don't see a way to put AT into a BA list at 2k and still make it as deadly as I would like it to be in hand to hand.

As for Mephy, I agree that he can be squished by multiplas. Against guard I would certainly put him in one of the tanks to get him across the board the first turn. One the 2nd turn he will always be in assault with a 12" move, fleet and then an assault. I am looking forward to testing him! He may just die, but I suspect he will usually get his points back at least. If he doesn't then I will move on to test Dante!

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 10:20 pm

I read Jawaballs's blog pretty regularly and he loves Mephy, so I think he'll do pretty well for you, he's just not like a Greater Daemon or DP that you can point and click. I'd personally like to test Mephiston but since I'm running AS and attempting to stay fluffy I've kinda ruled him out, might screw around with him in friendly games and what not but I dunno.

As for the anti tank, I've seen the AC/LC Pred in a lot of lists(my own included). Since it's fast that's 4 shots against light armor and 2 against heavy after moving six, or just the AC after moving twelve to try and hit those Chimeras and Battlewagons on the soft side armor. It'll require some testing but I think I'm going to like it, and for only 135 points it's a steal. One thing I often forget is that RAS are a lot like Zerkers in that they can tote a S9 PF and a bunch of S5 attacks (furious charge) around which is still damn nice when it comes to popping things with only 10 Rear armor.

The only other ways I can think of to get any AT fire is TL-AC/TL-LC Razor spam or Attack Bikes/Speeders. I mean a 5 man RAS with Fist/Melta in a Fast Razorback with a great support weapon for only 190 is golden. The old fall back of Speeder HFlamer/MM is only 70 points so that's not hard to fit in either. For 30 more points you could even go MM/Ass Can.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime20th April 2010, 1:55 pm

slight changes to the list on some thought:

Honor guard in rhino, and given 2 meltas and 2 flamers. I don't want them out anyway unless I have to. I put them in a rhino to keep the grail close, and give the ability to fire two of the weapons out the top.

2 priests are a risk on points. One should be sufficient, as an overlap in their range does nothing. Most lists have easy ways of overcoming FNP. I kept the priest that will be centralized with the list and removed the one with the jump pack for 75 points more of anti armor.

Librarian - dropped epistolary. I want to use either fear or lance each turn and both are shooting attacks. Since you can only ever use one shooting attack per turn, it was a waste. I also added a jpack on him. If I need to, I could always use his descent of angels and lance to kill a tank or two by himself. Otherwise he goes in with the jsquad....

Jsquad could be librarian and 5 guys, and other half could have 2 meltas

Added in a 3rd fast attack. Skimmer and added typhoon launchers to it, so that it is still useful against horde. It can be put on a suicide run or stay back and shoot w/ the launcher.

Also added one more melta into the list for good measure.

Mephiston
Librarian jpack, lance, fear
Honor Guard 2 flamer, 2 meltag
rhino light
10 jump pack marines pfist, melta x2
10 assault marines pfist, melta x2
rhino light
5 assault marines melta and power wp
razorback acannon, light
9 DC 2 powerweapons
Chaplain Cmelta
rhino light
baal pred hbolters
baal pred hbolters
speeder typhoon, melta

Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime21st April 2010, 3:48 am

I've gone through a few times and it seems like I'm finding you 9 points over...

Mephy - 250
Libby - JP - 125
HG - MeltaX2/FlamerX2/Rhino+Light - 196

Chap - Combi - 110

RASx10 - MeltaX2/PF - 235
RASx10 - MeltaX2/PF/Rhino+Light - 251
RASx5 - Melta/PF/TL-AC Razor+Light - 191
DCx9 - PWx2/Rhino+Light - 261

Baal Pred - AC/HB - 145
Baal Pred - AC/HB - 145
Speeder - MM/Typhoon - 100

2009/2000

Let me know if I added something wrong as some of these will affect my list too >_<.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime21st April 2010, 8:42 am

The only error I see is that you added in a powerfist on the 5 man assault squad. I had it as a power weapon Smile
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime21st April 2010, 5:15 pm

That would do it. Anyway, I like this list a lot better than the last one, I might want to recommend that since you're Libby and Assault squad are going to be hoofing it (so to speak) you may want to replace one of his abilities with Shield. I only recommend this because since Shield is used at the start of your opponent's shooting phase you can still shoot your other power wherever you'd like. Other than that the only thing I'm not a fan of is the Typhoon, but that's just personal preference not really a solid reason against it, I'd rather have another Ass Can. The only thing I can come up with for a decent reason is so that you're never using one weapon and not the other unless you choose to do so, which isn't a great reason since it's going to be flying all over the place usually only able to use 1 weapon anyway.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime21st April 2010, 5:25 pm

Good points. I had thought about shield, and I still may take it for good measure. I just really want both lance and fear in my list. Certain units *Cough*Thunderwolves*cough* should be very afraid of fear and lance is needed vs. the current guard meta.

One interesting overlooked thing about the typhoon is that its frag missile is defensive! Even if you drop it behind a tank, you can still shoot two templates at the armors big 'ol butt along with the multi melta. that's effectively an extra 1/3 chance of getting you a glance in addition to the melta! if one hits. Or from another stand point if you fire the frags at a unit, you get to do an extra MM shot at them!
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime23rd April 2010, 11:47 pm

That's a good point, and one I hadn't considered, but I just can't get over my distaste for missile launchers. As far as anti-tank I've been juggling points around and I've managed to include 2 Autocannon/Lascannon Preds. Unfortunately my troops don't have quite the same mass as yours. If you're up for it, and okay with quite a few proxies (unfortunately), I'd like a chance to possibly test Angels v Angels sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesters Blood Angels   Jesters Blood Angels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesters Blood Angels
Page 1 of 1