Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Angels 2250 Points

Go down 
+3
PhantomPhoenix
bdix
sirhelnor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

Blood Angels 2250 Points Empty
PostSubject: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime24th October 2010, 2:50 pm

Though the list restrictions we had at TSE this weekend probably won't be something we encounter very often, I was extremely frustrated with the lackluster performance of both my vanguard and death company, so I revamped the list, and was wondering if you guys think this will preform a bit more admirably...

HQ
Mephiston - 250

Elites
Sanguinary Priest (3) - Jump packs - 225
Furioso - Blood Talons, Extra Armor, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod - 185
Furioso - Blood Fists, Extra Armor, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod - 185

Troops
Assault Squad - Power Fist, 2 Meltas - 235
Assault Squad - Power Weapon, 2 Flamers - 215
Assault Squad - Power Weapon, 2 Flamers - 215
Tactical Squad - Power Weapon, Melta, Missile Launcher, Rhino - 240
Tactical Squad - Power Weapon, Melta, Missile Launcher, Rhino - 240

Heavy Support
Dreadnought - 2 Twin Linked Autocannons - 130
Dreadnought - 2 Twin Linked Autocannons - -130

Total: 2250

By dropping the VV and DC, I managed to pick up 2(!) drop podding furiosos, give both my tac squads PWs, and throw in a third scoring assault squad with an accompanying priest... I feel like it's a fair trade
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime24th October 2010, 3:24 pm

if you are taking two dreads in DP, then you probally want to run a third DP that is empty. That way you can drop both of the dreads turn one.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime24th October 2010, 5:11 pm

Lose a priest, 2 is fine. Don't forget they only have to be within 6" to gain the ability not in the same unit. Furiosos are decent at best, I'd drop them for a pack Libby w/ sword and shield, and a pack HG with meltas and specials to fit, gets you back a 3rd priest. Your Libby will also give all your guys cover in the open.

Tacs are too expensive w/ 50 pt Rhinos, but if you really want them Fist or nothing, PW won't make enough difference in a Tac squad. Meltas instead of Flamers on the RAS, combat squad DS the melta unit.

Also, since you have a mainly infantry army I would recommend losing the HS Dreads for Devs. Since you have so few Vehicles all AT fire is going straight for your Dreads so they'll die and fast. With all infantry, your opponent's AT weaponry is virtually wasted. 5 Devs with 4 MLs are only 5 PTs more than your Riflemen.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 4:13 pm

bdix wrote:
if you are taking two dreads in DP, then you probally want to run a third DP that is empty. That way you can drop both of the dreads turn one.

I wasn't aware Blood Angels could use the Drop Pod Assault rule.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 4:48 pm

gamewizard wrote:
bdix wrote:

Yes they sure can. One of God's great inventions for His beloved BA's.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 8:31 pm

ares wrote:
gamewizard wrote:
bdix wrote:

Yes they sure can. One of God's great inventions for His beloved BA's.

Are they the only other chapter that can use DPA? I know Black Templars can't.
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 8:33 pm

Rewrite #2

HQ
Mephiston - 250

Elites
Sanguinary Priests (2) - Jump Packs - 150
Furioso Dreadnought - Blood Talons, Extra Armor, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod - 185
Furioso Dreadnought - Blood Fists, Extra Armor, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod - 185

Troops
Assault Squad (10) - Power Fist, 2x Melta, Jump Packs - 235
Assault Squad (10) - Power Fist, 2x Melta, Jump Packs - 235
Assault Squad (10) - Power Weapon, 2x Melta, Jump Packs - 225
Assault Squad (10) - Power Weapon, 2x Melta, Jump Packs - 225
Assault Squad (10) - Power Weapon, 2x Melta, Drop Pod - 225
Scout Squad (5) - 5x Sniper Rifles - 75

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad - 4x Missile Launchers - 130
Devastator Squad - 4x Missile Launchers - 130

Total - 2250

fully capitalizing on the assault squads as highly mobile scoring troops, and also remembering how little shooting i actually did, I dropped the Tacs and rhinos, and picked up two more assault squads, one with meltas in a drop pod to make use of the Drop Pod Assault for my furiosos. The third priest was dropped for a scout sniper squad that could sit back and camp objectives while taking potshots and maybe even rending a vehicle or two[left]
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 8:49 pm

Just an off the wall question - is 2250 a common point size at CHG? Normally I see 2k.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 8:58 pm

bsimon wrote:
Just an off the wall question - is 2250 a common point size at CHG? Normally I see 2k.

2K is what we generally run here at CHG. For tournaments, that is. Most side games are done at 2K as well, but that doesn't take into account the occasional higher point value DYO games that people play against each other.

We don't have an official limit at the door what size army you want to play, as long as there is a reasonable start time for the game. No later than 8 pm for most games on most nights.

EDIT::::

He mentioned TSE in his original post, so that is where he is planning on playing this list, evidently. I did want to answer Brent's comment though since CHG was a part of Brent's question.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 9:18 pm

2k should be the common upper limit for a 40k tourney regardless. Since 2.5k is generally 'Ard Boyz' territory and the games run a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 9:19 pm

gamewizard wrote:

EDIT::::

He mentioned TSE in his original post, so that is where he is planning on playing this list, evidently. I did want to answer Brent's comment though since CHG was a part of Brent's question.

I asked about CHG since I know he plays there more, and I normally can't get a 40k game in at TSE. =)
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 9:20 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
2k should be the common upper limit for a 40k tourney regardless. Since 2.5k is generally 'Ard Boyz' territory and the games run a bit longer.

What HE said...much more concise than my reply.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 9:23 pm

bsimon wrote:
I asked about CHG since I know he plays there more, and I normally can't get a 40k game in at TSE. =)

Indeed, then back to the original answer: We prefer 2K lists here at CHG.

Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime25th October 2010, 9:28 pm

So, if you had to cut to 2k, for whatever reason, I'd drop the drop-pod assault squad and the sniper squad, buy Combi-meltaguns for the Sanguinary priests, and buy a drop pod for one of the Dev squads (that will never go in it).
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime26th October 2010, 12:32 am

This was mostly a rethinking of what i brought to the table this past Saturday, i know the standards are 1, 1.5, 1.75, 2, and 2.5k respectively, and i'm probably going to make a list for each of these when i've got the time, because honestly I probably won't run with meph all too often...

i've been pretty wary about sinking much extra points into the priests though, as IC's they're pretty squishy once they get in close
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime26th October 2010, 12:39 am

sirhelnor wrote:
i've been pretty wary about sinking much extra points into the priests though, as IC's they're pretty squishy once they get in close

Generally this is very true, protecting them is a pretty high priority if your list relies on them. However, don't forget you get non-IC Sang Priests in the Honour Guard. My list exclusively uses them, none of the IC version, and I've had a lot of success with it. Main benefits are untargetable Sang Priest and Multiple special weapons. Stick them in a rhino and I promise they'll work for you. Also, ringing in at 195 w/ 2xMelta 2xFlamer in a Rhino, they're a bargain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angels 2250 Points   Blood Angels 2250 Points Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels 2250 Points
Page 1 of 1