Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Attempt at a Blood Angels List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

First Attempt at a Blood Angels List Empty
PostSubject: First Attempt at a Blood Angels List   First Attempt at a Blood Angels List Icon_minitime17th April 2010, 12:18 am

So, finally got a chance to sit down with the dex and work on a list, and I think I've gotten something that I'd feel comfortable running. It feels a bit light on the anti armor, but that might be because I'm still overlooking the AT ability of the Ass Cannon... anyway here goes:

HQ:
Reclusiarch - 130
Librarian - Fear/Lance - 100

Elite:
Sanguinary Priests x 2 - 100
Furioso Librarian - Wings/Lance Heavy Flamer - 185

Troops:
Death Company x 7 - PW, TH/Bolter, Rhino - 235
DC Dread - Talons, HFlamer, Pod - 170
RAS x 5 - Melta, Fist, TL-AC Razor - 190
RAS x 10 - Melta, Flamer, Infernus/Fist, Rhino - 260

Fast:
Baal Predator - Ass Cannon/HB - 145
Baal Predator - Ass Cannon/HB - 145

Reclusiarch and Libby have to ride with the DC or be left out in the open. (not sure I like the "all my eggs in one basket" feel here) DC Dread drops in close turn 1 through DPA while Libby Dread advances behind the armor line until he's close enough to play. Baal Preds attempt to stay at 24" the whole game. Still not sure on the infernus with the larger RAS, I'm still kinda on the fence there... may drop the flamer and infernus and just put back the second melta gun. 2 Priests ride in the Razors... and never get out... Still seems a bit rough, but it looks like it might be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: First Attempt at a Blood Angels List   First Attempt at a Blood Angels List Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 5:38 am

I haven't even had a chance to test this out yet, but after reading a ton of BatReps and playing against one, I've decided the Libby Dread could be fun but isn't the powerhouse I was hoping it would be. I've also rethought the massive DC/Rec/Lib unit I had going and decided that I really don't want my DC getting popped that early b/c Rage sucks, So I'm thinking dropping 2 DC models, the Libby Dread, and the 10 man unit for a 3rd 5-man RAS this time with a LC instead of the AC(this will be the unit that guards objectives on my side of the field.) Dropping the DC down to 5 and sticking them into, you guessed it, yet another TL-AC Razorback leaves them at exactly the same points and, I hope, lowers their threat a bit. Anyway, Basically I've changed it to the following:

HQ:
Reclusiarch - 130
Librarian - Fear/??? - 100
Honor Guard - Melta, PF, Blood Champ, TL-AC Razor - 260

Elite:
Sanguinary Priests x 3 - 150

Troops:
Death Company x 5 - PW, TH/Bolter, TL-AC Razor - 235
DC Dread - Talons, HFlamer, Pod - 170
RAS x 5 - Melta, Fist, TL-LC Razor - 190

Fast:
Baal Predator - Ass Cannon/HB Sponsons - 145
Land Speeder - Heavy Flamer/Multi-Melta - 70

Heavy:
Predator - Autocannon/LC Sponsons - 135

So yeah, Reclusiarch w/ DC, Libby with Honor Guard, Priests with RAS's, and I hope to figure out the rest as I go along... This list seems to fit me a lot better than the last one, I'm a huge fan of the large amounts of fire support. One of the coolest things, in my opinion, is that the Honor Guard is only 20 points more expensive than my RAS + Sang Priest. Not sure if I like the Speeder so much, but it's exactly the points I had left so I'll try to give it a few tries... This list also cuts down on what I have to buy which is nice ^_^. Also, Libby Powers, I love Fear of the Darkness so I'm pretty certain I want that one, but I have no idea what to get for the second. Lance seems a little redundant, 5+ cover doesn't seem to amazing either. I'm thinking maybe Sanguine Sword or Unleash Rage. So what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: First Attempt at a Blood Angels List   First Attempt at a Blood Angels List Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 7:47 am

This list is very similar to where I saw mine going. Only difference might be the pred but I didn't even think of it. Sure my current list for 1850 still carries mephy but that's because I want to use the jerk once lol. But after that he might be a pine jocky.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: First Attempt at a Blood Angels List   First Attempt at a Blood Angels List Icon_minitime19th April 2010, 9:45 am

"What's this? The coach is pulling Mephiston from the game!"

"Well Frank, its a gutsy move but with the bad calls Meph made in the first quarter it seems like the only sensible option for the Angels if they want to come back before the first half is over. Lets just hope he doesn't spend the rest of the season riding the pine."
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: First Attempt at a Blood Angels List   First Attempt at a Blood Angels List Icon_minitime21st April 2010, 3:52 am

Bah, the Excel page I was using to add all this up wasn't adding in my Honor Guard... fail. So uh... 260 points over... I'm gonna have to work on this... damnit back to the drawing board /facepalm...

Edit:
Okay so Drawing Boards are overrated...

HQ:
Reclusiarch - 130
Librarian - Fear/Unleash Rage - 100
Honor Guard - Melta, PF, Blood Champ, TL-AC Razor, Light - 261

Elite:
Sanguinary Priests x 3 - Corbs Counts-As - 150

Troops:
Death Company x 5 - PW, TH/Bolter, TL-AC Razor, Light - 236
RAS x 5 - Melta, Fist, TL-AC Razor, Light - 191
RAS x 5 - Melta, Fist, TL-AC Razor, Light - 191
RAS x 5 - Melta, Fist, TL-LC Razor, Light - 191

Fast:
Land Speeder - Heavy Flamer/Multi-Melta - 70

Heavy:
Predator - Autocannon/LC Sponsons - 135

Bye bye DC Dread I loved you! Hello Corbs and Searchlights. Good news everyone, it's a 2000 point list now. >_<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Attempt at a Blood Angels List   First Attempt at a Blood Angels List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Attempt at a Blood Angels List
Page 1 of 1