Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood angels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime3rd August 2009, 3:43 pm

Well, I stopped by Sooiehammer on saturday, and I must say, I love that place. Dennis was extremely helpful, and there were many friendly people there.

I ended up with AoBR. I'm very happy with it.

I played a practice game with the Spehss Mehrines, and It was great. It all came down to my Termies and captain, against his Nobz and Warboss. In 3 rounds of combat, I lost all my termies, and my captain was down to 1 wound, and he actually beat the warboss!

So, I want to expand on both armies, but just so I can learn the game, then I will move on to a more complex army.

I have read through the rulebook, and I was looking in to SM articles on the GW website, when I stumbled upon the Blood Angels Codex. I loved it. I went back and re-read the rules for jump infantry, and it sounds like a lot of fun to field an army of jump pack troopers.

That, and Dante is just a badass. Wink

So, I decided to make a 500 and 1000 point army list. Just to get the feel for this.

HQ

Chaplain Lemartes- 125 points

Elites

Death Company (2)- 0 points

Troops

Tactical Squad- 205
Flamer
Missile launcher

Assault Squad- 140
Sarge with Power Weapon and Combat Shields
------------------------------------------------------

And my 1000 point list

A couple BA army lists.

500 Points.

HQ

Chaplain Lemartes-125 points

Elites

Death Company (2)- 0 Points

Troops

Tactical Squad- 230
Sarge with Power Fist
Flamer
Missile launcher

Assault Squad- 140

1000 Point list.

HQ

Chaplain Lemartes-125 points

Elites

Death Company (3)- 0 Points

Furioso Dreadnought- 100 points

Troops

Tactical Squad- 230
Sarge with Power Fist
Flamer
Missile launcher

Assault Squad- 265
Sarge with Power Weapon

Assault Sqaud- 280
Sarge with Power Fist
Melta Bombs
---------------------------------------

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime3rd August 2009, 4:16 pm

Having first hand experience with the blood angels (my other car is a....) I recommend two things.

1st. Never take less than 5 death company led by a chaplain with a multi-melta. I prefer 7. Jump Packs or rhino, the choice is yours.

2nd. Take a furioso death company dreadnought with heavy flamer, venerable, and extra armor every game. Its death on wheels, er legs.

I made my furioso from the dread in the AoBR box. You can check it out on the blog if you want to see it!

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Turducken
Turducken

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime3rd August 2009, 6:19 pm

That makes 500 point lists pretty tough with the whole 7 Death Company thing now doesnt it? And what do you think about lemartes? I totally forgot about giving the DC Jump Packs. I'll have to squeeze those in somewhere... But a regualr Chappy with jump pack is 5 points less than lemartes, and lemartes is just better. An extra wound and Death Mask? Yes, please.

And I think I'll leave the multi-melta alone for now, at least until I get some modelling skills. I'm really not terribly confident with pewter right now.

And thanks for the Dreadnought advice. All I have to do is switch out the right arm for another CCW with melta, right? Then paint it all death-y?

And I was thinking, I love the look of Blood Angels, but i think I want to paint them in a different scheme. I was thinking orange, maybe with green accents, depending on how it looks. If that doesn't work, probably blue. I'll probably call them Blood Dragons, of something awesome like that. Is there a way to make my units easily recognizable as Blood Angels? Other than the glaringly obvious excesive amounts of Assault Marines...

Last edited by Turducken on 3rd August 2009, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime3rd August 2009, 6:51 pm

I thought you were doing Khorne? Now BA? I recommend getting models assembled and some games in. =p
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime3rd August 2009, 7:06 pm

Haha! I certainl understand your confusion.

I never actually bought any Chaos models. That was just planning stage.

I did not have a rulebook, nor a codex, and when I went to Sooiehammer, Dennis was very kind and steered me in the right direction. I picked up AoBR. If I wanted to, I could convert them to chaos down the road.

But, I just can't pass up a free Codex, plus Blood Angels are awesome.

I also played a pick-up game with a friend, and we seem to have most of the rules down. Wink
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime4th August 2009, 8:09 am

Learning this game is one of my fondest gaming memories. Have fun in the process.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime4th August 2009, 3:35 pm

Oh, it was great fun! We are still a little fuzzy, but it will come in time. This game is great fun! Especially when it gets down to the wire. Wink
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime12th August 2009, 11:20 pm

A brand spankin new 1250 point list.

HQ

Chaplain Lemartes- 125

Elites

5 Death Company- 85
Jump Packs

Death Company Furioso Dreadnought- 130
Flamer

Troops

Tactical Squad- 205
Flamer
Missile Launcher

Assault Squad- 280
Powr Fist
Melta Bombs

Assault Squad- 275
Power Fist

Fast Attack

Land Speeder- 75
Heavy Bolter
Typhoom Missile Launcher

Land Speeder- 75
Multi Melta
Heavy Flamer

That should be 1250 even. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime13th August 2009, 8:56 am

Wow. That looks pretty solid for 1250. You will have quite a few models on the table and they all pack some punch.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime13th August 2009, 9:55 am

really solid However I would drop the 2x weapons on the landspeeders in favor a rhino for the tactical squad. Also heavy bolters are never worth it on land speeders. Landspeeders should only ever have 3 different weapons assault cannon, heavy flamer, or a multi melta.(if were talking about for gaming purposes. Fluff or story battles or goofing off take what you wish of course.) I would never run multiple weapons on them because they die so fast. (trust me on this I've always ran them. I know how to use them effectively. Horas, bait, or contest If you depend on them to actually kill anything you more than likely will be disappointed.

1x land speeder multi-melta
1x land speeder heavyflamer
+1x rhino for tactical

my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime13th August 2009, 3:16 pm

Great! Thanks Guys!

As soon as I get some more black spray paint, I'll post a WIP of my Orange Angels, (name suggestions welcome. Wink ) and maybe some of my Bad Moonz. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime13th August 2009, 3:31 pm

Turducken wrote:
Great! Thanks Guys!

As soon as I get some more black spray paint, I'll post a WIP of my Orange Angels, (name suggestions welcome. Wink ) and maybe some of my Bad Moonz. Very Happy

Pumkin Patch Kids!!!
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime13th August 2009, 3:54 pm

Tempting, oh so tempting. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blood angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood angels   Blood angels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood angels
Page 1 of 1