Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Campaign

Go down 
+12
Dannato
Bane
bdix
Wildeyedjester
Verminlord
Monkey
Darkhorse
Cpt_Tiberius
MonkeyMan
guyverlord3
Fethos
capnwoodrow
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime4th June 2011, 6:49 pm

Are we gonna be able to change magic items, like say i have 250 pts for my heroes (cause we start at 1000) and i dont have enough pts to give my Plague priest anything better than the seed of Rebirth(6+ Regen) later once we are at 2000 if i put him on a plague furnace can i give him the talisman of preservation(4+ Ward) or does he have to stick with the same stuff the entire campaign?

Just wondering
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime4th June 2011, 7:53 pm

@Dude - the more the merrier

@Monkeyman - great question. Yes. You are able to bring a completely different list each game you play. If you play twice in one week, you can bring a new list each time. This is about playing out/testing the waters with your new army.

I've added a roll call thread and updated the BETA rules.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime5th June 2011, 10:38 pm

Updated the BETA rules again w/ a campaign map. Even though this won't be map-based per se, I figured it would be nice to have some visual frame of reference.

Any other questions/comments/concerns? I'd like to get as much as possible hammered out now to avoid anything detracting from the campaign once it kicks off.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 8:05 am

Just wondering why does good have 13 areas controlled(blue dots) and destruction only have 11 areas(red dots)
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 8:09 am

They won the mega battle.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 8:54 am

I like the use of Frühlingburg and the sphere. That is a good way to start this off.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 2:17 pm

That map is awesome. This whole thing is awesome. I applaud and approve of this.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 4:52 pm

Yeah that makes sense
Back to top Go down
Dude
Necron Scarab with rusty hinges

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 7:22 pm

bdix wrote:
That map is awesome. This whole thing is awesome. I applaud and approve of this.

I second this. Well done. Can't wait until July.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 8:52 pm

How does the map fit into the campaign? This is my first campaign, so I am unclear how it is used.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 11:05 pm

The map is just to help w/ the visual feel of everything. It'll also help get everyone used to the idea of a mapbased campaign if we do one of those next.

The map has no real 'in-campaign' effect at this time. I may use it to represent bonuses given to the sides for their victories....
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 9:58 pm

When does the campaign start?
I know somebody probably posted this and i just didnt see it also
I will be at camp for the 11th-16th so can i just play on the weekend that week?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 10:02 pm

7/15

Last edited by capnwoodrow on 27th June 2011, 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 10:11 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sunshinej15
Flashlight toting Guardsman
Sunshinej15

PostSubject: Generals Question   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 10:22 pm

As we are starting at the 1000pts lvl will we be relaxing the rules for Generals?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 10:24 pm

Sunshinej15 wrote:
As we are starting at the 1000pts lvl will we be relaxing the rules for Generals?

How so?
Back to top Go down
Sunshinej15
Sunshinej15

PostSubject: Not sure really    Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 10:53 pm

Either like allowing the BSB to be the General during the 1000 points phase or a unit champion. Might help at this points lvl but I don't really know haven't really played Fantasy since 5th/6th ed. would probably be better to get some input from someone with more experience than me but, I thought I would put it out there.

Last edited by Sunshinej15 on 27th June 2011, 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 11:09 pm

Petitition to begin friday, July 15th?

I think the tight points limit at a thousand will be a charm. I couldnt squeeze all the heroes in that I wanted either. But that should make for some fun. The first few games I will just have to do without a bsb if i want a wizard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 11:25 pm

Is it too late to change armies, i would still be an evil army just would not be skaven Smile
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime26th June 2011, 11:34 pm

yea 1000 points is tough to get what you want in the Lords & Heroes slot. Running VC, I'd love to be running a kitted out Vampire, but the way i'm building out my low points list I only have 2 necro's with little upgrades. there is a reason the fantasy organizers @ adepticon called the 1000 point event "how you use it."
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 12:09 am

At 1k, everyone should at least be able to take a Hero to be the army general. I see no reason to allow a unit champion or Hero to pull double duty.

It may seem crazy, but playing without all the bells and whistles will help you be a better player in the long run.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 7:14 am

@theRulesChangeidea - probably not. I think forcing people to make decisions about what they bring is going to help you realize what you want/need at higher point levels. It also forces me to not have to change rules, which I like.

@WildEyedJester - 7/15 is fine.

@Monkeyman - nope, it's fine to change although all of your skaven assembling, painting, advice has now been for naught if you change.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 8:31 am

I agree with Verminlord and Capn, changing the rules would be a bad idea. One of Capn's main reasons for organizing this thing is to help people (both veteran and new players) learn the core rules. Also, if we were to change the rule on the requirement for being the army general we would also change army advantage. Just like paper comp in a tournament, a rules change like that would favor certain armies. Example: If I am an orc player and I can take a unit champ as my general, then I am going to use all of my character points to bring to take level 4 goblin wizard, and out magic everyone for the first 2 weeks of the campaign.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 1:17 pm

Fethos wrote:
Example: If I am an orc player and I can take a unit champ as my general, then I am going to use all of my character points to bring to take level 4 goblin wizard, and out magic everyone for the first 2 weeks of the campaign.

What glorious dreams...but seriously, if you get a chance, try a legal 1k pt game. You will find that bending the rules is unnecessary. Hell, Fethos put a ton of Chaos on the board for 1k pt. I would recommend playing a couple games to fine tune your list. Fethos and I have done one and I am playing Patrick on Thursday to tune some more.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 3:58 pm

*all fantasy league posts have been moved to their new homes here under leagues*

Management
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 5:05 pm

C'mon monkeyman, stick with the rats. Don't force me to use the rats so they can be represented. Which I was considering anyway as I still cannot find some of my Chaos stuff.

I remember finding the models when I was going through stuff for the swap meet. Now that have I rearranged stuff though, I can't find anything. Except the rats.

So if the rats aren't represented when we kick this off, switch me to Skaven. Otherwise I will stick with Warriors of Chaos and hope I find the missing stuff before I have to add to much. I really don't want to repurchase stuff I already know I have, just temporarily lost in the warp.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime27th June 2011, 5:15 pm

I will probably stick with the rats, i believe Brian is playing rats though, at least thats what i thought he said
Back to top Go down
Sunshinej15
Sunshinej15

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime16th July 2011, 12:14 am

how many games do you need to get in per phase?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime16th July 2011, 12:55 am

Sunshinej15 wrote:

As many as you want. You only count the best per phase.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime17th July 2011, 11:11 am

capnwoodrow wrote:
Sunshinej15 wrote:

As many as you want. You only count the best per phase.

So just keep playing until you get that perfect score and then sit on it until the next phase? Is the understanding of this correct? I heard this mentioned yesterday and just wanting to clarify.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Campaign
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next