Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Campaign

Go down 
+12
Dannato
Bane
bdix
Wildeyedjester
Verminlord
Monkey
Darkhorse
Cpt_Tiberius
MonkeyMan
guyverlord3
Fethos
capnwoodrow
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 7:42 am

I can get my army that high its just i am worried i will have to spend 200 bucks to get all the stuff for them
I am splitting it 50/50 with my dad though so i wont spend as much and i will be getting paid for my chores more now so more money, i think i could get my army there Smile
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 8:46 am

Alright. I am down. If we can do the 500/1000/1500/etc scale I am def down (though we can start at 1k instead of 500). May end up taking MonkeyMan up on his borrowing offer to fill out, but yeah.

And I will miss the last two weekends of July, but I am sure I will be able to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 12:24 pm

I like the idea to stop at 2500. I would use this to build a full army towards tourney level points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Darkhorse
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 1:59 pm

I'm up for whatever the group wants to do. I do hate giving up several weeks of good gaming time since school is out.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 2:07 pm

Sounds like 1000/1.5/2000/2.5 works the best. I'll put up a beta when i get home.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 6:54 pm

I am confused, is there a magic show?

So I am guessing this is an Escalation Campaign then?
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 7:18 pm

I will be gone from july 11-16 for Camp( Evil or Very Mad )
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 7:43 pm

Verminlord wrote:

You are correct, sir.

Sounds like everyone has approx 1k or can get there by mid-july and everyone wants to taper off around the 2.5k mark.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 7:56 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Verminlord wrote:

You are correct, sir.

Sounds like everyone has approx 1k or can get there by mid-july and everyone wants to taper off around the 2.5k mark.

Awesome! Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 10:28 pm

Beta rules are up here

Feedback?
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 10:39 pm

Looks good I'll definitely play I just need to decide on the army.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 10:47 pm

Format looks great Matt. Can't wait to start this campaign...it has been years since we had this much interest in a fantasy campaign.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 10:55 pm

Don't tell anyone, but eventually I'd love to turn something like this into a campaign tourney weekend event.

Shhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 11:19 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Don't tell anyone, but eventually I'd love to turn something like this into a campaign tourney weekend event.

Shhhhhhhh

No reason why we couldn't do this at the end to cap it off.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 11:26 pm

My questions:

Can i play whoever I want even if i pick a side? Can my empire fight chaos one week and elves the next?

If I build a 2500 pt army, am i going to not be able to participate in local tourneys after that? Are they really going up to 2999? I dont mind to build and participate but 6th edition 40k comes out next summer so this will likely be a build until that point kind of endeavor. At the end of this I would like to have a functional fantasy army for sooie and the like, to be as supportive of the hobby as a whole as I can be.

Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 11:44 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
My questions:

Can i play whoever I want even if i pick a side? Can my empire fight chaos one week and elves the next?

If I build a 2500 pt army, am i going to not be able to participate in local tourneys after that? Are they really going up to 2999? I dont mind to build and participate but 6th edition 40k comes out next summer so this will likely be a build until that point kind of endeavor. At the end of this I would like to have a functional fantasy army for sooie and the like, to be as supportive of the hobby as a whole as I can be.

Honestly, by the time you reach 2500pts, going the extra distance to 2999 isn't going to be hard at all. In your quest to complete 2500pts you will most likely end up with something extra you can add to your army to fill it out at 2999. Also don't forget the new expansion coming out for fantasy for bigger games. There just might be something in there you could add to it as well, provided all the new stuff isn't Apocalypse style pieces.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime2nd June 2011, 12:33 am

This looks fantastic. Is it going to be another megabattle to end it all?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime2nd June 2011, 7:07 am

@WildEyed - yes, and the winner will still contribute their VPs towards the cause. If you have 2500 then you will more than likely have enough to play in Sooie next year as the points value hasn't been set yet. I just knew that Brian ran a 2999 at TSE and wanted to make sure everyone was covered. Most of the indy GTs are from 2250-2600 right now so you should be set.

@Bdix - why not? Sounds good to me.

Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime2nd June 2011, 9:38 am

Groovy. Looking forward to it. Started painting a pair of cannons last night.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime2nd June 2011, 10:19 am

I will have my Orcs ready to march.
Back to top Go down
Dude
Necron Scarab with rusty hinges

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime3rd June 2011, 6:59 pm

I would love to be a part of this, count me in. Caught part of the megabattle last weekend and it totally sold me on fantasy. This would be a perfect way to introduce myself to Fantasy. Hello Fantasy...
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime3rd June 2011, 7:18 pm

Hola Dude
I was the 13 year old in the blue collar shirt just so u know Smile dont know if you saw me, but welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime4th June 2011, 11:32 am

I'm just getting around to posting on this, but as I told you last night, I'll be in with my High Elves.
Back to top Go down
Dude
Necron Scarab with rusty hinges

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime4th June 2011, 5:36 pm

What's up Monkeyman. I remember seeing you, we spoke for a little bit. I was the dude in the police uniform that stopped in for a bit to see the awesomeness. I will be rolling Wood Elves for this escalation campaign and yes I know the awesome power that is the Wood Elves (sarcasm), so I expect to lose a lot...
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime4th June 2011, 6:12 pm

Oh that was you!
Yeah i am goin skaven just started them, and perfect time to build them up Smile
Hope i get to paly u never played wood elves before... Smile
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime4th June 2011, 6:49 pm

Are we gonna be able to change magic items, like say i have 250 pts for my heroes (cause we start at 1000) and i dont have enough pts to give my Plague priest anything better than the seed of Rebirth(6+ Regen) later once we are at 2000 if i put him on a plague furnace can i give him the talisman of preservation(4+ Ward) or does he have to stick with the same stuff the entire campaign?

Just wondering
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime4th June 2011, 7:53 pm

@Dude - the more the merrier

@Monkeyman - great question. Yes. You are able to bring a completely different list each game you play. If you play twice in one week, you can bring a new list each time. This is about playing out/testing the waters with your new army.

I've added a roll call thread and updated the BETA rules.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime5th June 2011, 10:38 pm

Updated the BETA rules again w/ a campaign map. Even though this won't be map-based per se, I figured it would be nice to have some visual frame of reference.

Any other questions/comments/concerns? I'd like to get as much as possible hammered out now to avoid anything detracting from the campaign once it kicks off.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 8:05 am

Just wondering why does good have 13 areas controlled(blue dots) and destruction only have 11 areas(red dots)
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime6th June 2011, 8:09 am

They won the mega battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Campaign
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next