Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Campaign

Go down 
+12
Dannato
Bane
bdix
Wildeyedjester
Verminlord
Monkey
Darkhorse
Cpt_Tiberius
MonkeyMan
guyverlord3
Fethos
capnwoodrow
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th May 2011, 6:33 pm

Yeah my goal would be for every player in the campaign to have an army ready for the next WFB tourney.

If we do a timed campaign with painting this time and have success, I'd loved to do a mapped campaign next.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th May 2011, 7:30 pm

I would prefer a map/story based campaign so I would be down with that for the next one.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th May 2011, 7:51 pm

Map campaigns are harder as they require a coordinator. If we have success we can arrange a second.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th May 2011, 7:57 pm

Cpt_Tiberius wrote:
I would prefer a map/story based campaign so I would be down with that for the next one.

There is one in the General's Compendium. I will look for mine and look it over again. It came with a map and the players fought over territories. Some of them had special features that gave your army a bonus. For example, one territory has a Wizards Tower. Controlling this territory gives you free Lvl 2 mage to add to your army in addition to your points limit. Another one I remember is a wood, controlling a territory with a wood allows you to build one extra war machine.

There is also the Mighty Empire tiles to use. I have a set primered, ready to be painted.

Or, just adding 250pts every other week seemed to work the last time we did something like this. Way back when the shop was still on 40th street, about 3 years ago I think.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th May 2011, 9:12 pm

I think I would like to see:

Time Period 1:

TP 2:

TP 3:

TP 4:

just a thought.

Victory/Achievements:
-Most VP overall: Best General
-Most VP per phase: Skulltaker
-Best Paint: Artisan
-Sneaky Skulka: Lowest VP earner/Highest Sport

Each campaign phase we award 100 VP to anyone who has their chunk of 750 painted. So if you have 1500 points painted (3 colors, based) by the start of TP3 then you get 100 VP.

I'd also (fluffwise) to continue the whole theme from the MegaBattle of Order v/ Chaos. Almost like when can say when Archaeon was defeated he decided to pray to the dark gods for evil to swarm over the Empire...this could lead to a very fluffy 2nd MegaBattle. Perhaps whichever side gets the most VPs could get a slight advantage in the next MegaBattle....

If your army is unaligned, you would pick a side to pledge your VPs too.

Last edited by capnwoodrow on 30th May 2011, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th May 2011, 9:16 pm

When are you thinking of starting? If you wait until after Wargamescon, I might be in as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Darkhorse
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Darkhorse

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th May 2011, 11:25 pm

I too like the order vs chaos theme.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 1:55 am

Count me in. I know nothing, so I will just follow the masses on how it is ran.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 7:46 am

I like Capns idea
I cant do much with 500 but with 750 i can field a warlord and a level 2 warlock for characters, and a couple groups of clan rats,
Then at 2999 i can use screaming bells and plague furnaces and abominations Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 9:41 am

Wildeyedjester wrote:
When are you thinking of starting? If you wait until after Wargamescon, I might be in as well.

I think Jester has a good idea waiting until after Wargames Con. Since we have so many from our area going this year, I think it may help get a few more people on board for the campaign. Maybe Jester can talk Big_D into it as well.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 3:09 pm

I assumed this would take place late summer (around mid-July). That is really the only time I could do it.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 5:18 pm

I would recommend keeping the jumps to a max of 500pts.

Start at 500pts and every 3-4 weeks add 500pts. The fluff part sounds cool, but may be harder to get games in that way. Maybe giving bonus vps for fighting the opposing force would work. That way everyone can still get games in.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 5:24 pm

At 500 point jumps in 3-4 week increments everyone would lose interest long before we got 2999, which is what Brian is toying around with for future WFB tournies.

750 approximates out to 2 units or a unit and a big gribbly. Or two big gribblies. Adding those every 2 weeks or so seems feasible.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 5:30 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
At 500 point jumps in 3-4 week increments everyone would lose interest long before we got 2999, which is what Brian is toying around with for future WFB tournies.

750 approximates out to 2 units or a unit and a big gribbly. Or two big gribblies. Adding those every 2 weeks or so seems feasible.

Sadly not for my pocketbook. I would love to join, but I probably only have 1750pts so far. I doubt I would be able to keep up unless my job search turns up something soon.

I will leave it as "Has Interest" pending on what is decided.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 5:32 pm

If you had 1750 then you would only need to add in approx 500 points by the 3rd phase of the campaign per the schedule of 750/1500/2250/2999.

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 5:36 pm

Current roster appears to be:

In
Capnwoodrow
Bdix
Capt Tiberius
Darkhorse
Monkeyman
Guvyerlord 3
Fethos

Interest
Bane
Dannato
Verminlord

Looks like we'd be wanting to start 2nd week of July? That'd give everyone time to get their armies picked out.

Last edited by capnwoodrow on 31st May 2011, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bane
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 5:37 pm

It would really depend on when we start and finances. I know finances are going to be extra tight for the next two months unless I find a better paying job.

We will just have to see.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 6:42 pm

Put me down for interested.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 7:27 pm

Bane if you are playing orcs you can borrow anything you need from me
I am going to play my skaven(probably)
Yeah i should have pretty much whatever you would need Smile
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 8:51 pm

you can move me to being in for the campaign. I just started painting Nurgle Marauders today, and having a quick goal to paint towards would help.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 9:30 pm

I probably wont have any painting ambitions in this...I just want to play really.

All this 40k painting has me on a burnout.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 9:31 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:

So do 500pt jumps every other week. Campaign/League is done in 3 months. You make the jumps to big and you scare off the small fish. Not everyone can field a 2999pt army. Gotta give them time to catch up and time to learn how use what they have.

Other option is start at 1k and upgrade 500pts every 2 - 3 weeks.

If everybody playing already has an army, obviously you can speed up the timetable. Just don't want to alienate anyone that wants to play by jumping too far too fast. This also kills leagues/campaigns. Gotta find that happy medium.

I'm in either way, it's a good opportunity for someone new to join the fun in fantasy or for a seasoned veteran to start a new army. I will either start the arduous task of remodeling my Skaven, or do my Warriors of Chaos.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 9:44 pm

Yeah 3k is too much for my blood
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 9:59 pm

Yeah i don't think i can do 3000 pt o skaven i have a thousand pts assembled and another 300 unassembled i would like to do a big game like that if i have the pts by then
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2011, 10:13 pm

Keep in mind - the two goals here are: A) have fun and B) end up with at least a 2.5k army. We could certainly scale the timeframe to 500/1000/1500/2000/2.5k. We could feasibly stop at 2k, but that would leave you 500-1000 points shy of what most of the current WFB army events run. I admit, the idea of getting 4-6 more local players at WFB sounds like a blast to me so that's why I was pushing for it.

I'm ok with 750/1500/2250 if that's more inclusive to everyone.

but back to the important one, A) have fun.

I promise I will not come to your house and kick your teeth in if you can't make it. Since there are no entry fees, it would just be scored weekly for points, and really only bragging rights on the board you are welcome to jump in and out of the campaign as needed. It'll only effect your total standings (It'll be hard to get best overall if you bow out at week 2, etc.). So if you want to keep your 1000 point army and play in the campaign for the first two "phases" you're more than welcome to bow out. All we are tracking is VPs.

Since there isn't prize support, you're under no obligation financially to the campaign either. If people would like prize support for round two we will probably charge a nominal fee and give that out to the victors through support at our local stores.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 7:42 am

I can get my army that high its just i am worried i will have to spend 200 bucks to get all the stuff for them
I am splitting it 50/50 with my dad though so i wont spend as much and i will be getting paid for my chores more now so more money, i think i could get my army there Smile
Back to top Go down
Bane
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 8:46 am

Alright. I am down. If we can do the 500/1000/1500/etc scale I am def down (though we can start at 1k instead of 500). May end up taking MonkeyMan up on his borrowing offer to fill out, but yeah.

And I will miss the last two weekends of July, but I am sure I will be able to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 12:24 pm

I like the idea to stop at 2500. I would use this to build a full army towards tourney level points.
Back to top Go down
Darkhorse
Darkhorse

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 1:59 pm

I'm up for whatever the group wants to do. I do hate giving up several weeks of good gaming time since school is out.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st June 2011, 2:07 pm

Sounds like 1000/1.5/2000/2.5 works the best. I'll put up a beta when i get home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Campaign   Fantasy Campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Campaign
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next