Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

October WarmaHorde event

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

October WarmaHorde event Empty
PostSubject: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime18th August 2010, 5:44 pm

Date: October 9th
Point Value: 35 points (35 + Warcasters WJ points)
Round Time Limit: Base 80 min*
Turn Time Limits: 10 min turns with a single 5 min extension
Registration Time: 12:00 pm
Start Time: 1:00 pm
Est Finish Time: ~8:30 pm (4 rounds) ~5:45 pm (3 rounds)
Entry Fee: $10.00

With Warmachine Weekend two months away, what a better way to get some games in than to hold a tourney. Normally we run a casual event, but since I'm hoping that we will have people going to WMW it'll be a good time to get use to the timing parts of the rules. Not to worry though, the casual events will return in November.

We are working on getting SR2010 Coins for this event.

This event will be a SR2010 event. The Modeling & Painting Policy will be enforced. This just means that proxies and conversions where the model is not an accurate depiction of the card will not be allowed. This does not mean the models need to be painted, though you are encouraged to do so.

* Round time has changed in the revised 2010 rules. it's now a base time + D6 x 2 per round. This means at the begining of each round the TO rolls a D6 and doubles result then adds that to the base time. The time is not revealed to the players until Dice Down is called.

SR2010 Rules: http://privateerpress.com/files/Revised_SR2010(2)_0.pdf
Modeling & Painting Policy: http://privateerpress.com/files/Conversion_Policy_0.pdf
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime18th August 2010, 7:58 pm

Already set up the calendar reminder!
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime18th August 2010, 8:23 pm

If I can get a force of appropriate size together, i'll play.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime18th August 2010, 8:24 pm

I'll PROBABLY use my Legion, so I can loan you my Khador if you'd like (I can build pretty much anything pre-Mk2).
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime18th August 2010, 8:25 pm

Appreciate it.

I'm learning on Cygnar right now, so that'd be my first pick to bring.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime7th October 2010, 12:45 pm

Just a heads up that this is this weekend. Hope to see alot of ppl there
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime8th October 2010, 9:56 am

Is the 5 minute extension the "finish your last turn" extension or can you just take 1 15 minute turn as needed?
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime8th October 2010, 11:09 am

bsimon wrote:
Already set up the calendar reminder!

I think that was needed after the TSE event! jk
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime9th October 2010, 1:29 am

bsimon wrote:
Is the 5 minute extension the "finish your last turn" extension or can you just take 1 15 minute turn as needed?

It's there if say your in the middle of a major fight with all of your force vs theirs and your 2/3 of the way though the combats, and you just need that 5 mins to finish rolling combat. It's there also if you need to step away, or what ever.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime9th October 2010, 10:45 pm

Counting Haren, 4 people showed up. Good mix of armies, however, and it was a coin event for those who like that (including me).
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime10th October 2010, 1:06 am

Thanks to everyone who came out (Brent, Big Mike, Keven N.). Everyone had a good time and things went smother this time around. I think it helped that I understood the tiebreak system better this time. Anyway the rankings.

1st Brent
2nd Big Mike
3rd Kevin N.

The winners got a certificate and a prize coin for their place.
With the holidays coming up, the next event will not be until early to mid January.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime11th October 2010, 6:03 pm

Agreed, thanks to those who came and had a good time! I appreciate the interest in this and the time and money that has been invested at CHG. You guys are helping us keep the lights on, which is a good thing! It's hard to play in the dark.

Uh...what I meant to say was...

Never mind, we have youngun's present at times.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October WarmaHorde event   October WarmaHorde event Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October WarmaHorde event
Page 1 of 1