Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Event Coming up in October

Go down 
+3
Verminlord
capnwoodrow
big_d
7 posters
AuthorMessage
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Fantasy Event Coming up in October Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime16th September 2011, 2:52 pm

Just got this in an email from my rep at GW. Not sure if I am supposed to put it up yet but I figured I would get it up so people could start thinking about it -

The Overtyrant’s Decree!

Tradelord Greasus Tribestealer Drakecrush Gatecrasher Hoardmaster Goldtooth the Shockingly Obese has grown bored. Having become the Overtyrant over the Ogre Kingdoms, he has started to think with organs other than his gut. He needs to know where his next conquest should take place. In a stroke of cleverness that most Ogre’s wouldn’t understand let alone appreciate, he sends forth 100 Maneaters to walk the world telling others of his idea. Greasus has decided to have a contest in his maw-pit! He declares that any champion that dares may enter his maw-pit and fight to see who the best fighter in the world is! He offers safe passage along the Silver Road to all who wish to fight. To the winner Greasus is offering treasure equal to weight of a rhinox from his personal larder. Legend says that his larder is filled with gems, gold, and magical items from as far as Cathay and Lustria.

Greasus will keep his word to the winner and the riches are the champions to take back to his homeland. Naturally the true purpose of his contest is to find a land that is worthy of conquest. Naturally Greasus isn’t worried about the loss of treasure. His real plan is to invade the winner’s land and take his treasure back along with anything else he comes across as he plunders and conquers! Har! Har! Haaaaaaar!

The MAW PIT battle rules

• Any hero combination up to 250 points max 2 heroes, characters must be named and are allowed to be special characters
  • No mounts
  • No missile weapons
  • No wizards, this is a contest of strength!
  • There is a one time bonus of 5 points for the figure being fully painted
  • Each entrant will have 3 different builds for their hero choices each build must be different, no duplicate items between builds.
  • Designate each build with a number between 1 and 3
  • 5 rounds
  • Each round your opponent will roll a d6 1-2 will be build one, 3-4 will be build two, 5-6 will be build three.
  • 3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss
  • Loser from previous round may challenge any other player in the next round, but they can’t challenge the same person two rounds in a row. The player with the lowest accumulated points gets the first challenge, then the next lowest, etc. until all player have been challenged.
  • Can’t use same build two rounds in a row.
  • There is no combat resolution; this is just a straight slugfest. You place the two models in base contact and the guy who dies loses
  • The one with the most points after 5 rounds wins; if there is a tie the combatants will have a final match.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime16th September 2011, 5:26 pm

Me and angry Shane vote "yes."
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime16th September 2011, 7:42 pm

Sounds fun!

Angry Shane should paint is Ogre Hero green and name him the Incredible Bulk!
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime17th September 2011, 12:19 am

Sounds fun! I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Chaos Marine covered in styrofoam spiky bits
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime17th September 2011, 4:26 pm

Sounds like fun to me!
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime17th September 2011, 8:59 pm

It says no wizards, does this mean all Vampires (Except Konrad) are out?
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime17th September 2011, 11:19 pm

I'd say a vampire is allowed. Just can't cast any spells. Hopefully there is some more info in the White Dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Bluesci1987
Flashlight toting Guardsman
Bluesci1987

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime18th September 2011, 1:41 am

What about my brets who are too proud to leave their horse? Do I need to take the vow of empathy in all of my builds?
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime18th September 2011, 3:05 pm

The part that confuses me is you have to have 3 different builds. Okay, I get that, but it says special characters are allowed. They don't get an option to be built differently.

So some clarification is for sure needed on this event.

As for the vampire, does he cast magic? Then he is a wizard. So unless the use of magic is an upgrade, or the rules allow for inclusion without the obvious use of magic, then I would say no based on the rules given so far.

Same with the Bret hero. Unless the rules will let you ignore that particular rule, then that would be part of the build.

We will just need to wait for more clarification.

This isn't the first time they have done this kind of thing. About 15 years ago they did this but with only the greater demons of Chaos. I had to call shenanigans though because they left out the Verminlord, which is the only other greater demon. So I did the whole thing all over again with the Verminlord winning instead of the Bloodthirster. The Bloodthirster has better stats now than it did back then. The Verminlord had higher Int and caused d3 wounds. So, the Bloodthirster never even got to swing.
I rolled this battle out 4 more times just make sure it wasn't a fluke and the Verminlord won a total of 4 out of 5 battles. Then I figured out why they left out the Verminlord. I'm sure with the increased stats, the Bloodthirster would win 4/5 if I refought that scenario today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Event Coming up in October   Fantasy Event Coming up in October Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Event Coming up in October
Page 1 of 1