Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8th Edition Release Event

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

8th Edition Release Event Empty
PostSubject: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 5:48 pm

There is going to be an 8th Edition Release Event at CHG in July, I believe around the 16th. Once I get the date down and the event descriptions I will repost.

The event is totally free, no entry fee is required. There will be tons of prize support. I am already signed up for the Release Event. There are two other events that I can run but I wasn't sure of the local interest. There is an Iron Man event where you compete to see how many models you can put together in 2 hours and there is a 500 point entry event.

Let me know if there is interest in the Iron Man event or the small 500 point event and I can register for those as well.

Let's get interest built in Warhammer Fantasy built up at CHG! Hopefully we can have as much interest in it as we do in 40K.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 6:32 pm

I don't believe I've skipped many events, so you know I'm in. =)
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime9th June 2010, 11:38 pm

I love you
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: CHGG 8th Edition Release event Intro Game   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime11th June 2010, 12:12 am

Intro Game

Trial by Fire

What is it?

It’s a quick and exciting way of introducing the New 8th Edition Fantasy rule set. Each battle involves two players and ideally last no longer than 1 hour.

Who is it for?

Anybody who wants to quickly try out the new rule set in a quick, fun and exciting way. There is no limitation on who can play (young or old, new player or experienced hobbyist)

How is this going to run?

It will be a quick battle, using the new Warhammer Fantasy Rules. It should cover two turns of combat, and to facilitate this, models should be placed at a point where the movement phase of the game should not need to be more than one turn.

How will this be presented?

• It can be played on a small Demo size table (4ftX 4ft). If the table is not exactly to these dimensions it does not matter, but the smaller the table the better.

• The table should be set-up as if it was going to be used for a normal fantasy demo game with one centrally placed piece of terrain between the armies.

• Someone to officiate the game (we can help with this by walking you through the things needed); this person can be one of the two players.

• Players need 500 points of models from any Warhammer Fantasy army (at least 1 Core choice is required – no characters if they do not wish to use them). A wide choice of armies is encouraged so that players can see how various armies are affected by the new rules. Players can provide their own armies if they wish.

How is this going to work?

• Players will deploy their armies about 1ft apart (so that players can see how moving through terrain and charging works) and then proceed to play the 1st two turns of the game.

• Each participating player’s name should be entered into a raffle and at the end of the Launch Party a prize winner should be chosen by raffle and win a $50 box off the wall.

Last edited by gamewizard on 11th June 2010, 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: 8th Edtion Release event Iron Builder Event at CHG   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime11th June 2010, 12:16 am

8th Edition Fantasy Iron Builder competition!

What you need: Enough table space for everyone to work on their models (any table will work), and an area to display the finished models afterwards.

Who you need: 1 person to tell them the rules, start and end the competition, and judge the entries. These do not have to be the same person.

What your customers need: New unassembled models and the tools/glue to put them together.

Rules:
They must be Games Workshop Fantasy models.
They may not use any of the snap-tite style models (the little $8.25 boxes), or any models from Battle for Skull Pass.
They may use plastic and/or metal Fantasy models.

How the event will be run:
1. Have the customers put out the models and tools they intend to use in front of them. All models must be out when they start.
The only way to add more models is for them to purchase the models while they are competing.
2. They will have 2 hours to put together as many models as they can.
3. At the end of the 2 hours, all tools must be put down and models should be displayed for judging.
4. The judge will decide on the winner.
5. The winner should take $50.00 worth (retail price) of product off the wall. (no Blisters or ATO/Direct items).

Most Importantly,
Have Fun!
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: 8th Edition Release Event Main event at CHG   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime11th June 2010, 12:22 am

Mega Battle

Winds of Change

What is it?

A 4-hour (but it can run longer or shorter depending on your needs) long Mega-Battle for Warhammer Fantasy Battles that will use both the 7th and 8th edition rules.

Who is it for?

People who want to see the changes in the rules showcased in a fun, interesting way.

How is this going to run?

It will be a Mega Battle that will bridge the 7th and 8th Editions. This will be accomplished by playing the 1st two turns using 7th Edition rules, and then switching to 8th Edition rules for turns 3 and 4.

What do I need to run this?

• At least one 4’x6’ table set up as per the 7th Edition rules (i.e. – a few pieces of terrain in the corners; nothing in the center). The more space you can dedicate, the better.
• Someone to officiate the game (we can help with this by walking you through the things needed); this person can also be playing.
• 2 or 3 additional pieces of terrain.
• Players need 500 points of models (at least 1 Core choice is required – no characters if they do not wish to use them).

How is this going to work?

Player will deploy normally according to 7th Edition rules and then proceed to play the 1st two turns of the game. At the end of the 2nd turn you will switch to the 8th Edition by doing the following:
• Have all mages re-roll for their spells
• Place the 2 or 3 additional pieces of terrain IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOARD.
• Continue with the 3rd turn using 8th Edition rules.
• At the end of the game, have each player vote for their favorite participant (they cannot vote for themselves); the player with the most votes wins a $50 box off the wall
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime11th June 2010, 12:30 am

These three events will occur on July 9th and 10th. Once I get a schedule down I will let everyone know which event is happening when.

I posted all three events here so that people could see what event is available and what they will might interested in.

As you can see; there is a lot of free prize support available for the events.

There is no entry fee so there is no reason not to take part; if your schedule permits!

The only thing needed is to select an army and get it together for the event if you want to play in either the Mega Battle or the Intro battle. Come by and see me if you are a beginner and I can advise a starting army based on you interests or I can point you to someone who will advise you.

Come on down and get involved in Fantasy at CHG! I am pumped up for the new Edition!

If anybody wants a copy of the rulebook as soon as possible, let me know and I can advance order one for you in order to be available for the day of the release.
Back to top Go down
anyfourwordphrase
Wet behind the ears Guardsman Conscript
anyfourwordphrase

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime11th June 2010, 10:18 am

I know I can make it up there Saturday. I will try for the 9th as well.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime11th June 2010, 12:50 pm

The Mega Battle will occur on the 10th; doors will open at normal time (12pm) and I'd like to get the games going by 1pm.

The Intro game we will have going on the evening of the 9th with a start time of no later than 6 pm. If there is time and space available we can present some Intro games on the 10th as well. I'll nail down the exact time so all interested players will know when to be there.

Iron Builder will be presented on Saturday the 10th as well.

Anyone can enter all three events multiple times if time permits; your name will be entered in the raffle only once and one person will win only one event's prize support. Unless we only have two people show up for the entire event, that is Smile At that point, we will roll dice to see who gets the second prize.

Prizes will be raffled on the evening of Saturday the 10th, with prizes to be handed out immediately. If you are unable to be present Saturday evening and you win a prize; we will hold your prize and will notify you by email of what you won.

All prizes for the event will be Warhammer Fantasy based product and will be guaranteed to be something cool. It may not be something for your current army but maybe that will inspire you to start a new army.
Back to top Go down
anyfourwordphrase
Wet behind the ears Guardsman Conscript
anyfourwordphrase

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime12th June 2010, 12:24 am

That's awesome. I can't wait. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime30th June 2010, 12:20 am

I will try to have a painted Beast Army ready to go for this. It won't be a killer army that I am sure some could build out there. It will be a basic army to show newbs how to play.

I may have a Skaven army available as well. Again, just a small basic army.

Tomb Kings might be present also.

How can I paint all this up, you say? ARMY PAINTER! I shouts.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime1st July 2010, 2:43 am

gamewizard wrote:
Mega Battle

Winds of Change

It will be a Mega Battle that will bridge the 7th and 8th Editions. This will be accomplished by playing the 1st two turns using 7th Edition rules, and then switching to 8th Edition rules for turns 3 and 4.

Rather than do this I would really like to just run the game with 8th Edition rules. I think that will be a more attractive choice at CHG for some various reasons. Mainly that we haven't ran Fantasy here on a regular basis and it would just confuse the new players. Hopefully I will have some experienced players as well but I am pretty sure they will be happy playing 8th Ed straight as well.

Anybody coming for this event have any issues with this decision? I am open to criticism.

Let's just do all 8th for everything. This way we can show everyone how the terrain rules work as well rather than just having one tree in the middle of the board. We may have to get creative since we don't have a lot of Fantasy terrain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Release Event   8th Edition Release Event Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8th Edition Release Event
Page 1 of 1