Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My proposed 2k Blood Angels list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
abbottj83
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
abbottj83

My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Empty
PostSubject: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 3:05 pm

Heres what I'm thinking about building up to for my Blood Angels and 2k. I've got maybe around 85% of the stuff; mostly just missing the vehicles and a box of Assault Terminators. Comments and criticism welcome. And I'm leaving out all the basic details that are defaults.

HQ:

Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost (Standard Gear)

-Honour Guard (Company Champion, Sanguinary Priest, Banner Bearer, 4x Bolt Pistol, 3x Chainsword, 1x Flamer, Jump Packs)

Company Captain (Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Combi-Flamer)

Troops:

Assault Squad (Sarge w/ Power Fist, Combat Shield)

Assault Squad (Sarge w/ Power Fist, Combat Shield)

Tactical Squad (Meltagun, Missle Launcher, Sarge w/ POwer Fist)
-Blood Angels Rhino

Elites:

Terminator Squad (5x Storm Shield, 5x Thunder Hammer)

Terminator Squad (5x Paired Lightning Claws)

Death Company Dreadnought ( 2x Dreadnought CCW, Meltagun, Storm Bolter)
-Drop Pod

Death Company (7 strong, 7x Bolt Pistol, 7x Chainsword, Jump Packs)

Heavy Support:

Devastator Squad ( 2x Lascannon, 1x Missle Launcher, 1x Multi-Melta, Sarge w/ Power Fist)
-Blood Angels Rhino
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 6:34 pm

Biggest recommendation I could make for now would be to drop the Dev Squad for a couple Baal Preds. Not sure how close you are on points atm, but 2 Baal Preds with HB Sponsons and XArmor cost 5 points less than your Dev Squad. The Assault Cannon is one of my favorite weapons in the game, great against vehicles and infantry alike. Against 14 Armor the Assault Cannon will more reliably penetrate than a S9 Lascannon. Unfortunately with the new BA codex right around the corner and without us having any official rules that we can rely on, buying new models may not be the greatest thing to do right this moment. That said there are also rumors about new Lemartes and Baal Pred kits releasing with the new codex. However, this is still a current codex list so I'll stop talking about that. For the DC I would strongly advise adding Corbs, dropping their JPs and sticking them in a Rhino with XArmor. Corbulo's FC Bubble and removal of Rage makes the DC a huge threat in combat, not to mention he has a 3+/4++ so he can deal with power weapons better than most.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 6:53 pm

And if you're curious about the math, for BS4, the chance to penetrate is:
Armor 11
Las 44.44%
TL-AC 59.26%
TL-Las 59.26%

Armor 12
Las 33.33%
TL-AC 59.26%
TL-Las 44.44%

Armor 13
Las 22.22%
TL-AC 39.51%
TL-Las 29.63%

Armor 14
Las 11.11%
TL-AC 19.75%
TL-Las 14.81%

And I can't figure out two foot squads of terminators when the rest is mounted.

Last edited by bsimon on 18th February 2010, 7:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime18th February 2010, 6:54 pm

Those jump packs are a definate advantage to armies with really crappy close combat (such as myself). The dev squad would be easy money from across the board, so I tend to agree with what phoenix wrote
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
abbottj83

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 12:46 am

Thanks for the advice. I would love to have the Baal predators; but the issue is that I already own the Dev Squad, and I don't own any Predators. And at $50 apiece I've no idea when I'll be able to get one, much less two. But I'll keep it in mind.
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
abbottj83

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 2:30 am

bsimon wrote:

And I can't figure out two foot squads of terminators when the rest is mounted.

The idea would be to teleport them in from reserves. But ya, now that you point it out they don't really seem to fit. I guess some Land Raiders would make them fit in; but MAN those are expensive models ><
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
abbottj83

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 2:34 am

If I wanted to stick with the mounted/jump/fast moving theme I kindof have going; would you suggest dropping the assault termies for something else?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 12:09 pm

The problem with Jump Packs and the current codex is the same as with a foot slogging list. You're out in the open and vulnerable to blasts and psychic abilities. Now, you're not as slow as the standard foot slogger, however, having faced down 3 Executioners with PC Sponsons I can tell you that the blasts will still pound your face in. Not to mention that outside of transports you are also vulnerable to psyker attacks such as lash or any number of the new wolf tricks. Honestly I would even drop the JPs on the RAS and stick them in a Rhino, especially since with OCE you can actually end up moving farther in a rhino than with Jump Packs. Conversely you also have more kill points that are there just to give up, so it really comes down to personal preference, but in 5th ed with mostly objective based games I would still pretty strongly suggest the Rhinos. I understand that even the Rhino is a pretty expensive model, but the benefit to them is that they're not going anywhere. You don't have to worry about the Rhino being useless in some future edition.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 12:14 pm

My only arguement agaisnt that is agaisnt a shooty army getting those jumppacks up on me in turn 2 on the charge is must more devastating than turn 3. If you have a terrain heavy board and you are able to jump then with cover like you did, than taking those losses without taking additional killpoints would be worth it i think
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 1:19 pm

Outside of the 2' * 1' bastions I haven't seen a "terrain heavy" board at CHG.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 1:35 pm

bsimon wrote:
Outside of the 2' * 1' bastions I haven't seen a "terrain heavy" board at CHG.

Maybe that's true during the tournaments, but when the extra tables are taken back down, a lot of that terrain tends to end up back on the three regular miniatures tables. I guess that is something to consider for those who think of their regular games at CHG in terms of prepping for the tournaments.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 1:47 pm

Pretty much. I only really get down to Fayetteville for tournaments, and only get to Springdale about once every couple of months, so I think in terms of tournaments.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime19th February 2010, 2:09 pm

Yeah, we were a bit stretched as far as terrain went for the last tournament, which was more a mistake on my part (and a little Nachos') than a lack of pieces, but not one that can't be fixed. But that's a bit off topic.

While a Jump Pack army may be extremely effective when there is a lot of cover for them to hop between, the Rhino mounted RAS are effective either way. Light on terrain? Use your Rhinos as terrain to block LOS and direct assaults. Lots of terrain? Use your Rhinos as a protective shield/delivery for your troops making sure you don't lose any full units until at least turn 3 or so. Again, the Rhinos would be helpful but are far from necessary. Also, if you prefer the JP troops, by all means, stick with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My proposed 2k Blood Angels list   My proposed 2k Blood Angels list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My proposed 2k Blood Angels list
Page 1 of 1