Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Empty
PostSubject: New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion   New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Icon_minitime12th April 2010, 12:02 am

Here is my paint scheme

Main color:
Daemonic Yellow- Army Painter

Subcolors:

Blazing Orange
Scab Red

I'm wondering what to paint the cloth part of the fire warrior. I was thinking black. What do you guys think? (the posted pictures are just random ones I found that display the colors)

New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion GamesworkshoppaintblazingorangeNew Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion ScabRed_445x319New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion RzrbackCloseUpSmallNew Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion FireWarrior
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion   New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Icon_minitime12th April 2010, 12:03 am

here's that picture that isnt showing New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Tau_Fire_Warrior_by_dukeleto
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion   New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Icon_minitime12th April 2010, 1:34 am

New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Fwbeta

Something like this? I would have to say that if you're going with lighter armor plates to go with a darker soft armor color. Black would work well. If you just wanna play around with potential paint schemes, Bolter and Chainsword has a great painter program they've put together (that's where I made the fire warrior above).

You can check it out here.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion   New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Icon_minitime12th April 2010, 2:42 am

nice, thanks
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion   New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Icon_minitime12th April 2010, 2:51 am

I was thinking something like this New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Fw12 Probally alittle brighter than what you see there, that looks alot like the regular sept, but it will be more vibrant
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion   New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Icon_minitime12th April 2010, 3:19 am

Be sure and do a test model before committing yourself to that scheme. Yellow is a bitch to paint over a black base coat.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion   New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Icon_minitime12th April 2010, 4:11 am

its gona be black over yellow actually, im using the army painter spray (primer and base in a can)
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion   New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Icon_minitime12th April 2010, 6:44 pm

just finished base coating and quickshading a firewarrior, and it looks awesome. I also did a Hammerhead with the yellow spray to see what it would look like, and the results were stunning. I'll post pictures when I take them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion   New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Tau Paint Scheme, need suggestion
Page 1 of 1