Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Effective weapons vs. Necrons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RetroPengo
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
RetroPengo

Effective weapons vs. Necrons Empty
PostSubject: Effective weapons vs. Necrons   Effective weapons vs. Necrons Icon_minitime3rd March 2010, 2:46 am

I thought I'd start a threat with examples of weapons that I'm finding are quite effective against my Necrons. more to be added later.

When using a missile launcher, try krak missiles. Necrons have a very nasty habit of ignoring low ap templates. Now, a demolisher will wipe them out effectively, but a frag missile will not. It's far better to fire a krak missile, which won't scatter in the first place, and punch out a necron model than to pop them with frag and watch them all survive the template.

Not to mention that if there's no necron lord nearby with his pissy little res orb, then the krak missile vaporizes the model in question.

So when fighting Necrons, either get busy in close combat, or get kraken.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Effective weapons vs. Necrons   Effective weapons vs. Necrons Icon_minitime3rd March 2010, 2:34 pm

The best way to beat Necrons is to attack the models away from the Orb forcing the Necron player to move the Orb within 12". The more "We'll be Back" rolls you make the player roll, the more the player can fail. Start by picking off the smaller units first, then concentrate on the bigger ones. If you can wipe out a small unit with no like models next to it, they will not get a chance to get back up unless they have a Tomb Spyder nearby. And the Monolith, ignore it. Focus on anything that counts as warriors and phase them out.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Effective weapons vs. Necrons   Effective weapons vs. Necrons Icon_minitime3rd March 2010, 2:59 pm

The tomb spyder can only resurrect a "wiped out" unit if there is at least 1 model on the board still standing of the same type. Say 1 unit of flayed ones is fielded. If you wipe it out completely it dies regardless of orb or spyder. I'd there was another unit of flayed ones though, hiding or fihtig on the board somewhere, they could then get back up if the spyder was within 12".

It has been ruled that you check spyder and orb distances "as the unit dies".

Try to get their units over 6" away from a necron lord so the orb wont work.

Sweeping advance wont allow WBB rolls unless there is a tomb spyder and smoother unit on the field.

If a necron player has single units o certain types, kill them first.

Also kill tomb spyders. For the love of God they are the backbone of the WBB annoyance. They only have 2 wounds. Any smart necron player will park them somewhere good though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Effective weapons vs. Necrons   Effective weapons vs. Necrons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Effective weapons vs. Necrons
Page 1 of 1