Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Angels Devastation Banner List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Recurve72
Nurgling on Antibiotics
Recurve72

Dark Angels Devastation Banner List Empty
PostSubject: Dark Angels Devastation Banner List   Dark Angels Devastation Banner List Icon_minitime26th January 2013, 8:22 pm

Belial- TH/SS
Librarian- Divination
5-Man Assault Termies- 5 TH/SS, CML
10-Man Assault Termies- 10 TH/SS, 2 CML
Aegis, Quad Gun
Command Squad- Boltguns
Banner of Devastation
10-Man Tac. Squad- Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon
10-Man Tac. Squad- Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon
10-Man Devastators- 4 Lascannons
Predator- autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Any comments would be appreciated. I am new to 40k and list building so any criticism would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angels Devastation Banner List   Dark Angels Devastation Banner List Icon_minitime26th January 2013, 11:58 pm

I'd suggest mixing up the load out in the termis to take advantage of their split ire and twin linked during the turn they drop. Imdon't know if the aegis will be enough to dealmwith flyers. Two heldrakes will decimate a large portion of your army. I'd suggest launchers with flakk in the tac squads. The lascannons are too expensive.
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angels Devastation Banner List   Dark Angels Devastation Banner List Icon_minitime27th January 2013, 12:11 pm

I second the flakk missiles

Also split the 10 man unit into 2 5 man units for more split fire opportunites
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angels Devastation Banner List   Dark Angels Devastation Banner List Icon_minitime27th January 2013, 3:45 pm

Here's my two cents. First of all, I think it's always helpful if you post some of the tactics you are planning on using when playing it. Sometimes when we read it, we just don't have the same vision as you. Now On to actual thoughts about the list.

I think the Belial and Libby combo will be one you see a lot. People used it before, and I see little reason to stop with the new codex. I am a little curious as to where you see the Libby going in the list. I assume you are choosing div so that you can get the reroll to hit's power. Solid Hq choices though.

I agree with Monkey on mixing the load out on the deathwing. I just don't think you are going to need that many th/ss in this edition, especially in the 10 man unit. I can make an argument for and against the 10 man unit. I say play it and see what feels the best to you. I actually think the dev's with las cannons make since, because they aren't that high in this codex. Put the Libby in there and odds are you could get a hit on a flier, or burn down some ground armor. I don't know that you need the full squad of ten, but having some extras for taking wounds makes sense.

I'm against the predator. It's the only piece of armor in the list, and I think you could do more with those points elsewhere. It does generate a lot of dakka, but ideally so will your dev banner. I'd look to insert a different tool in its place.

One other item to contemplate would be a couple drop pods. You wouldn't have to use them, but they could add flexibility against the right opponent. Against a heavy dakka list, you'd get gunned down while you walked across the board. Only, the termies would give you that element at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angels Devastation Banner List   Dark Angels Devastation Banner List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Angels Devastation Banner List
Page 1 of 1