Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Empty
PostSubject: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 2:59 pm

My ogres are now fully painted after a marathon session over Christmas break. Now that they are finished, they bore me and I need to start a new army. Painting empire models just wasn't doing it for me. Too many horses. So I traded my empire for high elves.

Then I discovered that Adepticon has no composition score. Teclis it is.

2400 Pts - High Elves Roster

10 Archers - Longbow

10 Archers - Longbow

10 Archers - Longbow

1 Noble
1 Noble - Great Weapon; Dragon Armour; Shield, BSB

19 Phoenix Guard
16 Phoenix Guard - Halberd; Heavy Armour
1 Keeper of the Flame - Halberd; Heavy Armour
1 Musician - Musician Mus; Halberd; Heavy Armour
1 Standard Bearer - Standard Bearer Std; Halberd; Heavy Armour
Banner of sorcery- 3d3 power dice a turn

29 Spearmen
27 Spearmen - Spear; Light Armour; Shield
1 Musician - Musician Mus; Spear; Light Armour; Shield
1 Standard Bearer - Standard Bearer Std; Spear; Light Armour; Shield

1 Teclis, High Loremaster of the White Tower
Lore of Shadow

30 White Lions of Chrace - Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
1 Guardian - Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
1 Musician - Musician Mus; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
1 Standard Bearer - Standard Bearer Std; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
Amulet of Light- all attacks are magical

21 White Lions of Chrace - Great Weapon; Heavy Armour

This list has everything that high elves do well. It has Teclis, who is everything good in one package. I will completely dominate every magic phase. It has a good bunker unit in the phoenix guard. They are taking the banner for 3d3 additional dice, on top of teclis 3d3. I should be throwing 10 dice a turn minimum. The phoenix guard are insane when given mind razor. I have also optimized white lions. They are the best unit in this book, period. Stubborn, strength 6, rerolling hits most of the time, strike first, 2+ save agaisnt shooting. I wish I could fit more in. The spearmen are there to be mind razored. They are awful. My one hope is they hang around for one turn and tarpit something. Three units of bowmen to give me roadblocks and extra drops that fill my core. These bows arent too bad either. 30 shots at 30 inches at bs 4 can actually do something damage, especially if I can get off withering ,-d3 toughness, on a unit. The noble is going to go in my bunker unit also, staying tight with the rest of my units to give rerolls on leadership.

Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 3:13 pm

I agree, the white lions are the hands down best unit you can take. Solid list, just don't expect to make any new friends running Teclis...maybe if you give him life instead of shadow he wouldn't be as bad?
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 3:36 pm

I'll just bring a basket of lube with me, and pass it out to my opponents before hand.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 5:22 pm

Teclis and shadow works better with swordsmen. You're hoping for IF Mindrazor, so why not take every 2 attack model in the army you can? IE Dragon princes and swordmasters.

Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 6:15 pm

I'm shocked Teclis is allowed. That's why I couldn't ever get into Fantasy. I'd want to run Teclis and everyone would look down their nose at me.

I applaud you. He's in the rules, run him. If he is broke, then they should FAQ him.

I'm no expert on Fantasy, but much like Capt'n said, I always ran some Swordmasters. If you can make them hit correctly, there is very little in the game that can stand in thier way. White Lions may fit the current meta much better though. You would be much more up on that than me.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 6:58 pm

assuming higher iniative, higher ws, toughness 4, 4+ save

30 white lions;
-hit on 3s, 20 hits
-reroll, 27 hits
-wound on 2s, 22 wounds
-assume 4+ save, nullified.

22 wounds, stubborn, probably survived the barrage before combat

30 swordmasters;
-hit on 3s, 27 hits
-reroll, 36 hits
-wound on 3s, 24 wounds
-6+ save, save 4

20 wounds, not stubborn, no 2+ save.

strength 6 is huge agaisnt t4 opponents. Dwarves, Ogres, characters.
2+ save agaisnt shooting is big agaisnt certain match ups.
white lions look incredible.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 7:32 pm

Right. My argument is mindrazor is better with more attacks. Not that white lions are bad Wink
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 7:54 pm

Let me preface my over analyzed post with, this is more of a thought experiment for me, not trying to throw anything down your throat here. Smile

It is better with more attacks, if those attacks are below a certain strength to begin with. In that same situation, you get 26 wounds by odds with swordmasters, and the white lions stay at 22 wounds. It may make a difference in the outcome, but probably not. You probably wiped or won combat on what you hit with 20 wounds. White lions are almost guaranteed all 30 models are there at combat (assuming no nastiness like dweller's), meaning 22 wounds on average. If you look at the same scenario, this time with pre combat shooting, the numbers look like this:

assume 20 shots at bs 4, str 3. No movement, long range.

-hit on 4s, 10 hits
-wound on 4s, 5 wounds
-5+ save, 3 models die

-hit on 4s, 10 hits
-wound on 4s, 5 wounds
-2+ save, 1 model dies

Swordmasters still come out on top with total wounds under mindrazor, but the margin diminishes. Plus, there are alot of assumptions putting them in that situation.

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 8:28 pm

Also all your math is done on horde to horde. Just a note.

I would try and find points for the banner of sorcery to protect you from low magic phases or give you the 4-5 dice to 99% guarantee the big spell you need.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 8:44 pm

My phoenix guard have the banner of sorcerery on them.

I'm not sure how the math would work out against like a knight bus. With Swordmasters you would get a few extra attacks, but white lions would give you an additional +1 strength to knock down the armor save. Throw shadow magic in there and it gets even crazier. My initial list ran a unit of 21 swordmasters also. Maybe I'll toss them in for a practice game and see what they can do.

How big do you run a unit of dragon princes?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 8:50 pm

My bad. I didn't even see.

Looks like it'll hit like a truck, I can just see a few bad matches for it. Also if its closed list be wary of a feedback scroll.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 11:29 pm

What are my worst matchups? I know bloodletter blocks would give me fits. It doesn't matter how hard you swing when you get wards agaisnt everything.

Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime20th January 2013, 11:39 pm

DoC hurt. Skaven hurt because the can chaff an spell you to death. Warriors might able to throw 30 str5 attacks back. Vampire knight bus has a full front rank of quick blood to steal ASF. Lizards could just circle the blocks and shoot.

That's all I can think of top of my head. Just have to work for those wins, not like you auto lose to them.

Knightbus matchup (just saw) is hard because they can outmaneuver. If they hit the flank it's tough that first round with 3 attacks back.

As for DPs, 11 + mounted bsb with the magic attack gem.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime21st January 2013, 1:23 pm

Someone posted somewhere that swordmasters have killing blow. This is false, right?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime21st January 2013, 1:34 pm

This is in fact, incorrect.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime30th January 2013, 7:10 pm

After playing around with high elves, I think I have found an awful broken list. Redirect with eagles. Teclis sits in white lions with bsb, cant be hit with spells. Big spears sits behind, when they get close, teclis jumps back with them. Magic them to death. Charge 55 white lions, I will probably win.

2400 Pts - High Elves Roster

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

1 Noble - Great Weapon; Dragon Armour; Shield
Battle Standard Bearer
Banner of the World Dragon

68 Spearmen - Spear; Light Armour; Shield
1 Musician - Musician Mus; Spear; Light Armour; Shield
1 Standard Bearer - Standard Bearer Std; Spear; Light Armour; Shield

Lore of Shadow

53 White Lions of Chrace - Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
Banner of sorcery

Total Roster Cost: 2399

Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime30th January 2013, 9:59 pm

Just for fun I threw that through that Swedish comp system. -51 if I'm reading it correctly. =)
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime31st January 2013, 12:36 am

Haha you are indeed. There are match ups it loses to, but the ones that hammer it are going to be instant enemies I fear.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime31st January 2013, 12:50 pm

Don't forget the banner of the world dragon works both ways. If you put Teclis in you can't cast on the unit. Not a huge deal as 50 White Lions should be ok by themselves, but just something to consider.

Also eagles can speed bump just as well as redirect. Put an eagle 7.5" in front of the lions, best case they kill it and stop short letting you charge them. Worst case they overrun into your lions and the turn ends, giving you one more turn to power up before swinging.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime31st January 2013, 7:32 pm

Yeah, that was why I went with the lions instead of the phoenix guard block. A 4+ ward would be nice, but unbuffed 4 strength wasnt doing it for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)   2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2400 High Elves (Adepticon WIP)
Page 1 of 1