Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High Elves and Magic

Go down 
+3
Dannato
capnwoodrow
warhammerworld
7 posters
AuthorMessage
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids

High Elves and Magic Empty
PostSubject: High Elves and Magic   High Elves and Magic Icon_minitime28th December 2010, 12:28 am

In tournament settings you will need to choose your lore of magic at the start, and then stay with it for the remainder of the event. What would be a good, well rounded lore for the High Elves? I have examined all of them, and am torn between Life and Shadow. Any other suggestions? My L4 mage will be getting off 1-3 spells per turn with the book of Hoeth, so magic is vitally important.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: High Elves and Magic   High Elves and Magic Icon_minitime28th December 2010, 8:10 am

I like Life on the Slann. Seems like it's a good fit. You have the buffs, the miscast mitigation, and a 'big nasty' spell if you need to just try and sink an enemy unit.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: High Elves and Magic   High Elves and Magic Icon_minitime28th December 2010, 3:56 pm

Both are very good lores if you're going for more of an infantry army I would choose shadow because 30 spearmen with str 8 is brutal. But if you're leaning away from mass infantry life is a very nice force multiplyer.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: High Elves and Magic   High Elves and Magic Icon_minitime31st December 2010, 2:57 pm

Life was practically built for the Slaan, a perfect fit if ever there was one. Life is also spectacular with Teclis, mostly because irresistible Lurkers every turn is dumb.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

PostSubject: Re: High Elves and Magic   High Elves and Magic Icon_minitime2nd January 2011, 12:45 am

I have decided that Shadow Magic is best suited for my army. It allows the elves to fight with anyone. It alos allows them to die with anyone! Warhammer is so much more fun when close combat is the key element of the game.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: High Elves and Magic   High Elves and Magic Icon_minitime3rd January 2011, 3:55 pm

I'd love to see a game between Andy and his DE's versus Dennis and his HE's.

There would be a lot of Elf luvin'
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: High Elves and Magic   High Elves and Magic Icon_minitime3rd January 2011, 9:55 pm

But we both know that won't happen because Andy hates the randomness of Fantasy.
FEAR THE DICE!!!!
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: High Elves and Magic   High Elves and Magic Icon_minitime18th January 2011, 7:48 am

People that take life like male genitalia... Shadow is a lot of fun. I use to run that but have switched to metal because I didn't have a way to hang with heavily armored things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Elves and Magic   High Elves and Magic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Elves and Magic
Page 1 of 1