Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1850 Thousand Sons fluff list (sort of)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

1850 Thousand Sons fluff list (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Thousand Sons fluff list (sort of)   1850 Thousand Sons fluff list (sort of) Icon_minitime25th October 2012, 10:38 am

HQ

Ahriman

Elite
-

Troops

Thousand Sons x10
Icon of Flame
Rhino

Thousand Sons x10
Icon of Flame
Rhino

Cultist x35

Cultist x35

CSM x10
Plasma Gun x2
Veterans

CSM x10
Plasma Gun x2
Veterans

Fast Attack

Heldrake

Heavy Support

Havocs
Missle Launchers x4
Flakk x1
Mark of Nurgle

Total 1850

Lets start off by saying this list may not be very competitive. This is mostly for my own amusement, but also cause it might be interesting. A couple of things that stand out to me after creating this list is that I may be a little overloaded in troops, however I'm torn on going below 6 troops. I know that is a 5th mindset, but I've seen too many games to know that if you have 3 troops you always wish you had 4, and so on.

That said I'm willing to cut 1 unit of cultist and 1 CSM, and then add in an 2 man oblit squad for heavy metal (since land raiders are a bane of this list as is) and a second heldrake (to add a third anti-flyer unit to the table.)

Ahriman would roll 2 on Tzeentch and 2 on Telepathy taking the primaris on both and the better of the two results (ideal being Doombolt & Puppet master). The two aspiring sorcs have to roll tzeentch, and depending on what is rolled (doombolt being ideal,) probably will take the primaris.

The tactics for the list are somewhat straight forward depending on whose going first. If my opponent is going first I'd deploy everything I could in cover and behind the rhinos. I wouldn't make use of the warlord trait giving infiltrate to d3 units in the case.

If I am going first I'd deploy the cultist line in front of the CSM squads, and infiltrate both ( since 2 is 2/3 of a d3) thousand sons to try and collapse a flank.

The Primary target for the Havocs turn 1 would be medium armor that has a must be on foot as far away as possible, then moving from turn 2 on to fliers and other armored targets. The Heldrake is a second flier neutralizer, and if I have to I could focus fire ground targets (not sure if i'd take the balefire or the autocanons)

Finally Yea i know if i'm going fluffy why the mark of nurgle on the havocs.... my question is why not have T5 back line scoring troops in 1 of the scenarios Smile.
Back to top Go down

1850 Thousand Sons fluff list (sort of)
Page 1 of 1