Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sgtwaldo
Flash Git with a Grill
Flash Git with a Grill
sgtwaldo

Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Empty
PostSubject: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime29th May 2010, 3:37 pm

HQ: The Sanguinor, Exemplar of the Host (1 , 275 pts)

HQ: Commander Dante (1 , 225 pts)
Troops: Assault Squad (10 , 230 pts)
Meltagun x1
Flamer x1
Power Fist

Heavy: Land Raider (1, 215)
Elite: Sanguinary Priest in Power Armour (1, 75pts)
Troops: Assault Squad (10 , 235 pts)
Removed Jump Pack
Meltagun x2
Power Fist

Troops: Assault Squad (10 , 230 pts)
Meltagun x2
Power Fist

Elite: Furioso Librarian Dreadnought(1, 190)
Magna-Grapple
Blood Lance
Wings of Sanguinius

Elite: Furioso Librarian Dreadnought(1, 190)
Magna-Grapple
Blood Lance
Wings of Sanguinius

Ok, what I am thinking is putting the Dreadnoughts and the Land Raider on the table and keeping everything else in reserve. I want the Dreadnoughts and land raiders in the firing line as soon as possible to dump the assault squad + sanguinary guard and to use magna-grapple to pop some tanks. Then Deep Strike using Decent of Angels to fight infantry.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime29th May 2010, 4:16 pm

That's an amazingly small, amazingly expensive (points wise) army. You only really have 3 targets for early shooting, and only 1 is a significant threat in the first two turns (the Land Raider). If you were sold on this, I would make the following changes:

Drop Sanguinor. He's a force multiplier but you don't really have enough force to multiply on him. I'd consider a Librarian with Blood Lance instead (to drop in with Dante's squad if need be), or a Vanguard Veterans squad.
Dante's squad really needs 2 meltaguns to take advantage of tank cracking. That gives ~2 hits statistically at 8+2d6 penetration. I'd try to fit in an Infernus pistol on the sanguinary priest for the same reason (although he will probably hide in the land raider regardless).
The land raider needs to be a crusader with a multi-melta. For one, that gives you two separate anti-tank measuers. For two, that gives you enough room for the entire squad to ride (BA LRs only fit 10).
I'd consider giving the 3rd assault squad a drop pod instead. That gives your opponent another target to have to focus on, early game.

Honestly, though, with a standard marine army I'd just try to focus down the Land Raider and from there I pretty much dictate charges.
Back to top Go down
sgtwaldo
Flash Git with a Grill
Flash Git with a Grill
sgtwaldo

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime29th May 2010, 5:20 pm

Hmm, you are right. I can get rid of the Sanguinor and a Dreadnought and put in a squad of assault termies... Then again they are very expensive as well. Really the only units I am sold on are the Assault marines as troop choices instead of tactical, and wanting to run an assaulty army. Maybe take off the jump packs and put them in a rhino... Oh and change the land raider.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime29th May 2010, 5:27 pm

Its my belief that assault squad in a rhino or a small squad with a razorback are the only "real" choices in the troop slots for BA unless you're going all jump pack.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime29th May 2010, 7:05 pm

If you get rid of a Dreadnought, I'd give the 2nd dreadnought Shield + Lance, and a Drop Pod, for first turn vehicle popping.
Back to top Go down
sgtwaldo
Flash Git with a Grill
Flash Git with a Grill
sgtwaldo

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime31st May 2010, 10:27 pm

Ok, heres a different list, another 1850 but I need help with an HQ choice as I am at 1579 right now.

Elite: Terminator Assault Squad (10 , 420 pts)
Lightning Claws x6
PH&SS x4

Troops: Death Company (11 , 405 pts)
Power Fist x1
Infurnus Pistol x1
Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost
Drop Pod

Troops: Assault Squad (7 , 193 pts)
Infurnus Pisol x1
Melta Bombs x1
Razorback
Lascannon and TL Plasmagun

Infurnus Pisol x1
Melta Bombs x1
Razorback

Infurnus Pisol x1
Melta Bombs x1
Razorback

Troops: Death Company Dreadnought
Blood Talon with Meltagun
Magna Grapple
Drop Pod
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime1st June 2010, 1:43 am

I think that if you were to start with your termy squad on the table you might cause a real ruckus and absorb a ton of fire with them. That might keep your assault squads from dying.

From a shooty standpoint, you should probably switch at least one of your lascannons to a TL assault cannon. That might help you out a bit with your r'backs.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime1st June 2010, 7:43 am

I don't understand the DC drop pod. With Lemartes they can't use it. I would recommend a Librarian for an additional HQ.

EDIT: I can't type on an iPhone.

Last edited by bsimon on 1st June 2010, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime1st June 2010, 12:32 pm

Wow. Pretty big restriction off Lemartes there. Yeah it wouldn't make sense then to take both him and the pod. sheesh.
Back to top Go down
sgtwaldo
Flash Git with a Grill
Flash Git with a Grill
sgtwaldo

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime2nd June 2010, 11:41 pm

No joke right? I guess I could put the death company in a drop pod and DoA lemartes as an independent character. Oh man is he an independent? I don't have the codex right in front of me... So what do you think about HQ choices? I want a badass assault character... I still like dante...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)   Any thoughts? (1850 BA List) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any thoughts? (1850 BA List)
Page 1 of 1