Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1850 Salamanders

Go down 
+2
Sweet E
bdix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime31st July 2011, 8:47 pm

With the Meta tournament coming up, figured I better start pounding out some 1850 lists. I'll admit I know very little on the army, so feel free to completely disassemble it and give me a new one.

List edits done in red

1850 Pts - Codex: Space Marines Roster

Forgefather Vulkan He'stan 190 pts
1 Forgefather Vulkan He'stan

Space Marine Librarian in Power Armour 100 pts
1 Space Marine Librarian in Power Armour; Bolt Pistol; Force Weapon;; Null Zone; The Gate of Infinity)

Dreadnought 125 pts
1 Dreadnought Twin-Linked Autocannon; Twin-Linked Autocannon)

Terminator Assault Squad 200 pts
4 Terminator Assault Squad Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x4
1 Sergeant Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1

Tactical Squad 210 pts
9 Tactical Squad, 210 pts Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Multi-melta
1 Sergeant Bolt Pistol; Bolter;
1 Rhino Dozer Blade; Storm Bolter

Tactical Squad 235 pts
9 Tactical Squad Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher
1 Sergeant Bolt Pistol; Power Fist x1;
1 Rhino Dozer Blade; Storm Bolter

Tactical Squad 240 pts
9 Tactical Squad Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher
1 Sergeant ; Bolt Pistol; Power Fist x1;
1 Razorback Dozer Blade; Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter)

Attack Bike Squad 100 pts
Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades Bolt Pistol x2; Multi-melta x2

Land Speeder Squadron 100 pts
Multi-melta x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1

Land Speeder Squadron 90 pts
Heavy Bolter x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1

Land Raider 260 pts
Multi-melta; 2x Twin Linked Lascannons; Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

I plan on combat squading all three tacs, giving missile to 5 guys in two of the squads and melta in one of the others. The other three will all have flamers.

1850 Pts - Codex: Space Marines Roster

HQ: Forgefather Vulkan He'stan (1#, 190 pts)
1 Forgefather Vulkan He'stan

HQ: Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour (1#, 125 pts)
1 Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour Psychic Hood; Force Weapon Null Zone; The Gate of Infinity)

Elite: Dreadnought (1#, 125 pts)
1 Dreadnought Twin-Linked Autocannon; Twin-Linked Autocannon)

Elite: Terminator Assault Squad (5#, 200 pts)
4 Terminator Assault Squad Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x4
1 Sergeant Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 225 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 225 pts Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Meltagun; Missile Launcher
1 Sergeant ; Bolt Pistol; Combi-Meltagun x1;
1 Rhino Smoke Launchers; Dozer Blade; Storm Bolter; Repair)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 255 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 255 pts Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher
1 Sergeant Combi-Meltagun x1; Power Fist x1
1 Rhino Dozer Blade; Hunter-killer Missile; Storm Bolter; Repair)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 260 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 260 pts ; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher
1 Sergeant Combi-Meltagun x1; Power Fist x1
1 Razorback Dozer Blade; Hunter-killer Missile; Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter)

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad (2#, 100 pts)
2 Attack Bike Squad, 100 ptsBike; Bolt Pistol x2; Multi-melta x2

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 100 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron, 100 pts Multi-melta x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1

Heavy Support: Land Raider (1#, 270 pts)
1 Land Raider 270 pts Hunter-killer Missile; Multi-melta; 2x Twin Linked Lascannons; Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime31st July 2011, 9:25 pm

This looks pretty solid to me. This is definitely an army that will rely on tactics, so getting some games in is probably the key. Learning how to get every unit in place to do its job will take some experience.

I'm also working on an 1850 list for Dog Dayz. I'll throw it up for your thoughts after awhile.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime31st July 2011, 9:29 pm

Is the red list an improvement? I added a missile launcher to the tacs, took out the second land speeder, gave the libby term armor, and added 3 combi-meltas.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime1st August 2011, 2:00 am

Handful of little things I'd change, first and foremost being the dozer blades. Honestly I've never found them to be worth the points. It is entirely worth your while just to avoid terrain when you can and when you can't it's still only a 1/6 chance of immobilization. Does it suck when the dice fail you? Yes, but that is something avoided easily enough just by driving around the terrain in the first place.

The hunter killers are also a lot of points in an army that is not as reliant on the Alpha Strike.

I would also break the bikes into 2 units instead of 1 double, with them identical you can't wound allocate and you're not using all your fasts so it really doesn't hurt you at all just to split them.

I'm also not a fan of the Raider, especially at 1850. With Gate you don't necessarily need it, but it is nice to protect your Termis initially and get them started, it's a lot of points to be sinking and it will be a huge target for all the suicide melta out there. You might also be able to scrounge up a few points by only taking 2 Tac's. Especially since you're Combat Squadding them in most (if not all scenarios) giving you 4 troop choices as is, not sure if that's the right call but something to consider.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime1st August 2011, 4:09 pm

Taking everyone's advice, I have constructed this new list. If some things seem random, several people gave me advice outside of the forums. Basically, I took a powerfist off one of the sergeants, got rid of all hunter killer missiles, got rid of all but one dozer blade (I had 5 points left and nothing to spend it on- I could get a melta gun instead of a flamer in one squad, but I figured the extra flamer was needed more so), took melta off the land raider, gave libby power armor again (something about not being able to put vulkan in land raider if I have libby in termy armor?).

The only thing I really added was the thunderfire cannon. I want this thing in the list.

1 Forgefather Vulkan He'stan, 190 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Artificer Armour; Digital Weapons; Bolt Pistol; Gauntlet of the Forge; Spear of Vulkan; And They Shall Know No Fear; Chapter Tactics; Combat Tactics; Independent Character)
1 Kesare's Mantle

HQ: Space Marine Librarian in Power Armour (1#, 100 pts)
1 Space Marine Librarian in Power Armour, 100 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Psychic Hood; Bolt Pistol; Force Weapon; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics; Independent Character; Psyker; Null Zone; The Gate of Infinity)

1 Dreadnought, 125 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin-Linked Autocannon; Twin-Linked Autocannon)

4 Terminator Assault Squad, 200 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x4; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 225 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 225 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Meltagun; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol; Combi-Meltagun x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Rhino (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 10 models; Access Points: 3; Fire Points: 1; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Dozer Blade; Storm Bolter; Repair)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 215 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 215 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol; Combi-Meltagun x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Rhino (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 10 models; Access Points: 3; Fire Points: 1; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter; Repair)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 245 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 245 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Combi-Meltagun x1; Power Fist x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Razorback (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 6 models; Access Points: 3; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter)

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad (1#, 50 pts)
1 Attack Bike Squad, 50 pts (Unit Type: Bikes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol x1; Multi-melta x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics)

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad (1#, 50 pts)
1 Attack Bike Squad, 50 pts (Unit Type: Bikes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol x1; Multi-melta x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 100 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron, 100 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast); Multi-melta x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1; Deep Strike)

Heavy Support: Land Raider (1#, 250 pts)
1 Land Raider, 250 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 12 models; Access Points: 3; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; 2x Twin Linked Lascannons; Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter; Assault Vehicle; Power of the Machine Spirit)

Heavy Support: Thunderfire Cannon (1#, 100 pts)
1 Thunderfire Cannon, 100 pts (Unit Type: Artillery; Thunderfire Cannon)
1 Techmarine Gunner (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Artificer Armour; Bolt Pistol; Thunderfire Cannon; And They Shall Know No Fear; Blessing of the Omnissiah; Bolster Defenses; Combat Tactics; Independent Character)
1 Servo Harness

Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime1st August 2011, 4:36 pm

I like it better than the last 2. Not sure the Razor is going to do much for you, remember it's not S6 SweetE's. Also, how would you feel about trading your Bikes and Typhoon for 3 MM/HF speeders to take full advantage of Chapter Tactics? Makes your Speeders a larger threat and should draw fire from your Dread and (hopefully) your Raider.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime1st August 2011, 4:46 pm

The list was an exact duplicate of Ben mohlies. He is successful due to the utility of the list and his ability to rise to meet whatever he plays against. The missiles are important for range support from the skimmer when needed. Also against me the dozer blades paid for themselves 5 times over. One of the best players I've faced in years. I think he did well simply bc he knew the list and game so very well.

Min maxing the list won't really improve it overall much I don't think. There are more powerful rock lists out there. This is truly all comers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
bdix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime1st August 2011, 4:58 pm

All comers is what I seek. I've played nothing but rock lists.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime1st August 2011, 5:03 pm

Here is the list I am pretty sure I am going to run.

1 Forgefather Vulkan He'stan, 190 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Artificer Armour; Digital Weapons; Bolt Pistol; Gauntlet of the Forge; Spear of Vulkan; And They Shall Know No Fear; Chapter Tactics; Combat Tactics; Independent Character)
1 Kesare's Mantle

HQ: Space Marine Librarian in Power Armour (1#, 100 pts)
1 Space Marine Librarian in Power Armour, 100 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Psychic Hood; Bolt Pistol; Force Weapon; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics; Independent Character; Psyker; Null Zone; The Gate of Infinity)

1 Dreadnought, 125 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin-Linked Autocannon; Twin-Linked Autocannon)

4 Terminator Assault Squad, 200 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x4; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 250 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 250 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Meltagun; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Combi-Meltagun x1; Power Fist x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Rhino (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 10 models; Access Points: 3; Fire Points: 1; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Dozer Blade; Storm Bolter; Repair)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 220 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 220 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Combi-Flamer x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 215 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 215 pts (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol; Combi-Flamer x1; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Rhino (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 10 models; Access Points: 3; Fire Points: 1; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter; Repair)

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad (2#, 100 pts)
2 Attack Bike Squad, 100 pts (Unit Type: Bikes; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol x2; Multi-melta x2; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 90 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron, 90 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast); Heavy Bolter x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1; Deep Strike)

Heavy Support: Land Raider (1#, 260 pts)
1 Land Raider, 260 pts (Unit Type: Vehicle (Tank); Transport Capacity: 12 models; Access Points: 3; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Multi-melta; 2x Twin Linked Lascannons; Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter; Assault Vehicle; Power of the Machine Spirit)

Heavy Support: Thunderfire Cannon (1#, 100 pts)
1 Thunderfire Cannon, 100 pts (Unit Type: Artillery; Thunderfire Cannon)
1 Techmarine Gunner (Unit Type: Infantry; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Artificer Armour; Bolt Pistol; Thunderfire Cannon; And They Shall Know No Fear; Blessing of the Omnissiah; Bolster Defenses; Combat Tactics; Independent Character)
1 Servo Harness
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime1st August 2011, 5:38 pm

I threw together an 1850 BA list if you wanna get a practice game or two in on Friday. Between all the fantasy games and building my DE I've been jonesin' for some 40k.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime3rd August 2011, 1:24 am

Definitely. I'll hopefully have enough built by then.
Back to top Go down
BIg Al
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
BIg Al

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime3rd August 2011, 7:17 am

I find it funny that bdix copies an army that on paper looks meh and unfocused, but the fact is that it came from a guy that won WGC 2010 and was in the top 3 (?) this year. I too admit that when I looked at it, I was wondering why there wasn't more flamer and melta selections. It's a Vulcan list after all. Just goes to show you can do pretty well with a balanced/solid list....and tons of playtesting against every army.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime3rd August 2011, 1:11 pm

I might be able to proxy some D Eldar in case you want to try your army out against some pointy ears.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime3rd August 2011, 1:35 pm

Yeah, there will probably be alot of proxy on both sides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1850 Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 Salamanders   1850 Salamanders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Salamanders
Page 1 of 1