Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2500 pt IG Armored Cav Sqd. list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maxgravity
Servitor with a short circuit
maxgravity

2500 pt IG Armored Cav Sqd. list  Empty
PostSubject: 2500 pt IG Armored Cav Sqd. list    2500 pt IG Armored Cav Sqd. list  Icon_minitime3rd January 2012, 2:09 am

Now that the insurance check is in, I've decided I just don't have the heart to rebuild my beloved Tau force, so I've decided to go with one of my other 40K armies that sat in the closet for forever, my IG tanks.

After some thought, I decided to pattern this off a Vietnam-era US Army Armored Cav Squadron as it was a versatile formation that at the company level included organic arty, armor, recon, air support and infantry. This is what i came up with:

HQ: Company CO Squad: Carapace Armor, Guardsmen carry flamers, full set of Advisors/bg's, PlasP and Power Weap for CO., mounted in Chimera

Troops: 2 Veteran Grenadier Squads with shotguns and flamers, mounted in Chimeras

FA: 2 Vendettas, 2 Squadrons of ML Sentinels

HS: 3 unit Basi Battery, 2 LR Squadrons (1 Vanq and 1 Punish @)

Basic idea is to split this force up into two subformations each with a Veteran Squad, LR team and a Sentinel Sqd The HQ and Vendettas would then serve as roving reserves or fire support.

I feel fairly comfortable with the idea of the Vanq going against hard stuff while the Punisher and Veterans handle hordes. I figure the ML's on the Sentinels would be fairly good for transport popping.

My main concern is MEQ's. not sure if the arty is enough. also, I'm considering swapping out the Astropath for a medipack for the HQ squad.

thoughts?

-MaxGrav
Back to top Go down

2500 pt IG Armored Cav Sqd. list
Page 1 of 1