Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2500 Daemons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime30th October 2012, 1:05 pm

Lord

Bloodthirster
-Obsidian Armor
-Axe of Khorne
-Immortal Fury

Heroes

Herald of Khorne
-Armor of Khorne
-BSB
-Great Standard of Sundering

Herald of Khorne
-Armor of Khorne

Herald of Tzeentch
-Level 2 Wizard
-Disc
-Master of Sorcery (Life)
-Dispell Scroll

Core

Bloodletters
-Full Command
-Icon of Endless War

Bloodletters
-Full Command

Special

Flesh Hounds of Khorne

Rare

Bloodcrushers
-Bloodreaper

Flamers

Total: 2465
points to play with: 35

The heralds of Khorne are placed in the bloodletter hordes, deployed in the middle and marched straight at the enemy, flesh hounds and bloodcrushers moving up the flanks. The Bloodthirster goes for hero assassinations and general havoc. The Herald of Zeentch serves to attempt dispels as well as trying to keep the thirster and hordes alive (the big guy's 110 points a Wd...). Flamers provide the only real range support, with the goal being "close fast and hit things"

i'm not sure what to do with the extra points yet, probably add a few more 'letters to the hordes

also, i'm not sold on the usefulness of the command units in the bloodcrushers, though i am yet inexperienced in fantasy... would it be more worthwhile to just run the crushers standard and use those 20 points somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime30th October 2012, 5:30 pm

For the Bloodthirster, he looks great. I prefer the Firestorm Blade to give him the +1 Strength and flame attacks to kill steam tanks and such, but that is personal preference.

All three Heralds look good.

Both Bloodletter units look good, but would look better if they were a little bigger.

Flamers....Yes!

Khorne Dogs...No! If you could get your hands on a couple of Fiends of Slaanesh you may be better off. They are cheaper and can accomplish the same goals as the dogs...and then some.

Bloodcrushers I like. And, you are right they shouldn't need a command of any sort, which will free up those points.

Any extra points should go to get more bloodletter. Units of 40 or 35 are are great. The first unit you want to spends points on should be the unit without the icon of endless war, because they will be in need of extra combat resolution to keep up with the unit that carries the icon.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime30th October 2012, 5:48 pm

My .02

I like the bloodthirster loadout. Fethos is right about str7 being nice, but the dragonhelm and/or dragonbane gem would wreck you at that point.

I would take two lvl2s of tzeentch and drop the almost naked Khorne herald and you'll only need one if you /drumroll combine the two 30s into one horde of bloodletters.

Flesh hounds did take a hit, but if you want to run them because you have them - it should be fine.

No command on the bloodcrushers.
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime31st October 2012, 11:01 am

the problem with the bloodletter blocks is that I recall seeing non lord units being capped at 450 pts for shiloh... if i'm mistaken I'll gladly combine the two into one. otherwise with a full command i have a maximum of 35 letters to a unit, and 32 for the unit with the banner

on a separate note, what is the benefit of using the disc for the herald of tzeentch? if I take two would they both need one? or would it benefit me to have one that was not on a disc, that could buff my army and not be vulnerable to archers?

also, I've replaced the hounds with two fiends. should they be together as one unit, or separately as two units of one?

Lord

Bloodthirster
-Obsidian Armor
-Firestorm Blade
-Immortal Fury

Heroes

Herald of Khorne
-Armor of Khorne
-BSB
-Great Standard of Sundering

Herald of Khorne

Herald of Tzeentch
-Level 2 Wizard
-Disc
-Dispell Scroll

Herald of Tzeentch
-Level 2 Wizard

Core

Bloodletters
-Full Command
-Icon of Endless War

Bloodletters
-Full Command

Rare

Bloodcrushers

Flamers

Fiends

Total: 2500
points to play with: 0
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime31st October 2012, 11:29 am

The unit cap was removed. Feel free to "death star" it up.

No real benefit for the disc. I think it makes you more mobile, but you don't really need it.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime31st October 2012, 12:34 pm

One time the disc completely and utterly ruined my fun top of turn one. Death magic. Move full movement. Unstoppable force purple sun against initiative 3 elite army. Everything is dead. Good game, have fun killing the three guys left on the table.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime31st October 2012, 3:07 pm

I hate to be the person that is the bearer of bad news, but the flamers are Specials and are 40 points each so 6 will be 240 not 210. Not only that but please consider that at Shiloh a lot of the scenarios will benefit armies that are more balanced and have several core units. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime31st October 2012, 6:19 pm

I should probably add that Capn is absolutely right about the Firestorm Blade. I forgot that the big thing now for every army is to equip a 150 point character with that 2+ ward save (Dragaon Bane Gem/Dragon Helm) against flaming attacks. The last thing you want is to have your 550 point general tied down the whole game by a Strength 4 Toughness 3 chump because he has a 2+ ward against your Bloodthirster. Your original Bloodthirster build will work.
For the Fiends, you will want to run them separately. Then you can take out two warmachines, fast cav, or flanker a turn.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime31st October 2012, 6:29 pm

As someone who has attended wfb tournies for a few years now, I can tell you that there are two schools of thought for approaching a scenario. You either a) look for a win on scenario and take it. This is very difficult in an non-controlled environment. You may have the perfect strategy planned out, but your opponent slow plays you and you only get 3.5 turns in. This leaves us with b) hammer your opponent to the point that he cannot recover and take the scenario from you. Since you don't win games on scenario points - just VPs - and the scenarios only award VPs, you can easly smash your opponent, be up by 1000 points and give him the 300 vps he gets for controlling the objective in the middle of the board.

It's just play style.

Last year at Shiloh we had 5 games. Out of those 5, i'd say one really penalized the deathstar (if you don't know, it's a massive unit - usually around 1000 - 1500 points in one unit), 3 were neutral towards build, and the last game was actually very easy if you had a deathstar.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime31st October 2012, 6:40 pm

Here's my take on your list:

Thirster
Killing blow, armor of no magic items, reroll hits

Khorne BSB
-firestorm blade
-armor of khorne
-icon of dispair

lvl2 Tzeentch
-master of sorc (life)
-scroll

lvl2 Tzeentch
-master of sorc (death/light/metal)

50 Bloodletters, full command

6x Flamers

1x Fiend

1x Fiend

3x Bloodcrushers, full command

17x horrors w/ the +1 to cast banner

-Had to add in the horrors to get the points out of the list. Basically you use the 2 single fiends, bloodcrushers, and horrors as drops to see where your opponent is going to put their points, then deploy the bloodletter horde in front of it. Go in, whip the piss out of them, and have them take a break test at -2 leadership. It should be noted that we are doing opponent judged comp, so taking the -2ldr banner will get you moaned at more often than not.

take the 2nd lvl two on whatever lore you like. I don't think you need double life as throne of vines only effects the caster. Light for init10 or ASF on your horde of bloodletters ain't half bad.
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
sirhelnor

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime2nd November 2012, 12:17 pm

the more I look at that list, the more I think I'd like to try it out. I have a few questions though:

i'm used to 40k, and the concept of bubble wrapping an HQ. does sticking one or both of the HoTs in the unit of horrors make them any more survivable than running solo behind the battle lines?

does the +1 to casting affect the horrors' casting level and how many spells they know? (ie, if they get cut down to a 5 man squad, would the banner make them +1 wizards with flickering fire of tzeentch, or would they be a level 0 wizard with no spells and +1 to casting?)

initially, advice was to have no command units on the bloodcrushers. will it be likely that their combats result in static combat resolution in which these unit upgrades are needed, or are the points better spent somewhere else? ( like a disc for the second HoT, thus being more mobile and able to make more use of an offensive lore of some sort)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2500 Daemons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 Daemons   2500 Daemons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2500 Daemons
Page 1 of 1