Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Chaos Army for Shiloh

Go down 
+4
capnwoodrow
Fethos
sithkhan
Khaas
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime12th January 2012, 3:21 pm

Today I got both of the sorcerers painted meaning all characters are now finished. I also started on the last three Marauder Horsemen. I'll finish those tomorrow, then get to work on my remaining ogres.

Tzeentsch Sorcerer (goes with my Marauders)
My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Sorcerer-1a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Sorcerer-1b

Nurgle Sorcerer on mount (goes with my Marauder Horsemen)
My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Sorcerer-2a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Sorcerer-2b

More to do, and plenty of light left to get it done. But, the Shiloh force is coming along.
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 1:56 pm

Marauder Horsemen unit and mounted Nurgle Sorcerer finished.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Horsemen-1a

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Horsemen-1b

The day is young, so I'll see how much more I can get done before the sun goes down.
Back to top Go down
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 4:11 pm

Your time management is to be lauded and envied! The troops are looking great, sir.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 11:24 pm

Today was a little weird, so I didn't get everything I wanted to accomplish, done. However, I did manage to get the remaining pieces for Shiloh based.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Basing-finished

It took a while, but I'm happy. Tomorrow morning I'll prime them all and I'll be in the home stretch.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Marauder-movement-tray

With that out of the way, I decided to start working on the movement trays, the marauders are 5 wide and 6 deep, and devoted to Tzeentch so I decided to give the tray a few special touches. Next week I'll be giving the rest of the bases similar treatment.

Models I'll Be Working On:
Forsaken (converting old school warriors along with Spawn bits).
2 Units of 18, Warriors with Halberds.
2 Units of 3 each, Ogres of Khorne (converted from Beastman Minotaurs).
2 Units of 5, Marauder Horsemen with Flails and Throwing Spears.
2 Units of 50 Marauders of Khorne with Great Weapons.
Daemon Prince
Sorceror Lord of Tzeentch on Disk.

(I've got a ton more now, but not sure what all is going to happen to it all.)

In other news, I've been watching eBay for deals. Particularly over the recent holiday, and I've managed some really good deals. I've got a Sterilite container now filled with models I'll be working on for a while. My next big project though will be to get started on my wifes Daemon army, I picked up the models below for $45.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 The-beginning

The wife was pleased with the deal, and so am I Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th January 2012, 11:10 am

Yesterday I got everything but the Warshrine primed and ready for painting, I had a few last minute conversions I wanted to do (my marauder champion for example). Then I got distracted...

London Calling...
I received a package from Brittain containing a army lot I won on eBay.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 London-calling-1

Since it was largely loose pieces and semi assembled models I wanted to get it all sorted, recently I found a PLANO tackle bag for sale (4 plastic divided containers inside a green and blue canvas bag) for $25. The thing has some nice sized pockets on the sides and the containers are big, so I figured it'd be a great place to hold bits and some modeling supplies. It proved invaluable here when I got things organized.

Contents of the Lot:
Chaos Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch (also has bits for 2 more Sorcerers).
18 Chaos Marauders.
17 Chaos Warriors.
12 OOP Chaos Warriors (being made into Forsaken)
10 Warhounds (brings me up to 30 unassembled).
5 Chaos Knights (gives me a total of 15 unassembled).
4 Beastman Minotaurs (converting them into Ogres).

A ton of bits from Chaos Spawn, etc.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 London-calling-2

So, as I write this it's just past 9. And I've already been working for the past hour getting my final conversion done for Shiloh, my Warshrine of Tzeentch.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Warshrine-converted-1a

I noticed I forgot my drivers/handlers, so why not add a couple of Pink Horrors?

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Warshrine-converted-1b

Likewise, the Gorthor the Beastlord model I picked up was missing the crossmember that connects the mounts to the chariot, so I grabbed some bits and some green stuff and found what I consider a suitable stand in.

Letting the green stuff set today, and hopefully I'll have it primed this afternoon.

Meanwhile, with everything else primed it's time to get to work painting...
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th January 2012, 7:17 pm

The green stuff is still "questionable" so tomorrow I'll get the Warshrine primed, meanwhile I've been painting.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Warhounds-1

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Warhounds-2

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Warhounds-3

I got all of the Warhounds ready, leaving me with 15 Warriors, 29 Marauders, and 4 Ogres left to paint for Shiloh. I'm going to get a break for dinner and some Skyrim with the wife then knock out the remaining Warriors, I get those finished and I'll call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd January 2012, 5:53 am

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Warriors-1

Warriors are finished: just the Marauders, Ogres, and Warshrine left. Time for bed.
Back to top Go down
Bartholomew
Blue Horror Telling a Knock Knock Joke
Blue Horror Telling a Knock Knock Joke
Bartholomew

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd January 2012, 11:55 am

NICE! Keep up the hard work. Smile
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime23rd January 2012, 6:30 pm

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Ogres-slaanesh

Ogres finished, I've enlisted the help of a hair dryer to make sure I get the army ready for the weekend.

Individual Pics of the Ogres:
Ogre, Ogre Musician, Ogre Mutant, Ogre Standard Bearer, Ogre

Next up, the Warshrine, then the Marauders...
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th January 2012, 2:04 am

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Tzeentch-warshrine-1

Warshrine is finished, just the Marauders left for Shiloh.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime25th January 2012, 5:35 pm

Today I'm detailing the first two ranks of Marauders, I worked out my colors on the first one and here's the result:

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Marauder-1a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Marauder-1b

Hope you guys like em, there's 28 more where that one came from lol. Time to grunt my way through these before the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime25th January 2012, 10:44 pm

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Marauders-rank-1

First rank is finished, just 25 more Marauders to go!
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th January 2012, 12:12 am

I really like the sorcerer. It just works. He is tall and creepy and I love it.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th January 2012, 10:46 pm

My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Marauders

I painted 25 Marauders today, I'll hit them with a few touch ups in the morning (need some blood and black in a few places). But they're pretty much done, now I'm stuck either trying to get a game in nearby before Shiloh Saturday, or just going in cold (I haven't played WH since 5th edition, so I know I'm going to be slow on the draw).

Anyhow, if anyone would be up for a game at Gamer Utopia or War Pig tomorrow let me know. And now, I'm going to get some Skyrim in while my back straightens out (I've been hunched over my work table for the past 12 hours).
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th January 2012, 10:53 pm

The army looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it Saturday, but I would try to get a game in tomorrow at all costs. So much has changed since 5th edition that the first game maybe a little bit of a shock. Things disappear very quickly this edition, and it takes a few games to get used to that. If you could make it to TSE in Springdale tomorrow me or someone else should be up there to play/give you the crash course in the game.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th January 2012, 1:39 am

I'm likely going to be up there tomorrow sometime, gas/money is tight till Tuesday so I was hoping to avoid an extra trip but I feel like I really need to get a game or two in before Saturday.

So, in short - see you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Chaos Army for Shiloh
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2