Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaos - Shiloh

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime28th December 2011, 12:04 am

Just got Army Builder and decided to give it a try.

2500 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Total Roster Cost: 2497

Exalted Hero (1#, 148 pts)
. . 1 Exalted Hero of Slaanesh (Battle Standard Bearer), 148 pts = (base cost 110 + Great Weapon 8 + Battle Standard Bearer 25) + Mark of Slaanesh 5

Chaos Warriors (19#, 363 pts)
. . 18 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh, 334 pts = 18 * 17 (base cost 15 + Great Weapon 2) + Mark of Slaanesh 10 + Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12
. . . . 1 Champion of Slaanesh, 29 pts = (base cost 27 + Great Weapon 2)

Sorcerer (1#, 140 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch, 140 pts = (base cost 85 + Level 2 Upgrade 35) + Mark of Tzeentch 20

Chaos Marauders (29#, 214 pts)
. . 28 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, 200 pts = 28 * 6 (base cost 4 + Light Armour 1 + Shield 1) + Mark of Tzeentch 20 + Musician Mus 4 + Standard Bearer Std 8
. . . . 1 Chieftan of Tzeentch, 14 pts = (base cost 12 + Light Armour 1 + Shield 1)

Sorcerer (1#, 181 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle, 156 pts = (base cost 85 + Chaos Steed 16 + Level 2 Upgrade 35) + Mark of Nurgle 20
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll, 25 pts

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 135 pts)
. . 4 Marauder Horsemen of Nurgle, 108 pts = 4 * 15 (base cost 13 + Light Armour 1 + Shield 1) + Mark of Nurgle 30 + Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12
. . . . 1 Marauder Chieftan of Nurgle, 27 pts = (base cost 25 + Light Armour 1 + Shield 1)

Chaos Hounds (6#, 42 pts)
. . 6 Chaos Warhounds, 42 pts = 6 * 7 (base cost 6 + Scaly Skin 1)

Chaos Lord (2#, 320 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Lord of Khorne, 225 pts = (base cost 210) + Mark of Khorne 15
. . . . 1 Juggernaut of Khorne, 50 pts
. . . . 1 Glaive of Putrefaction, 25 pts
. . . . 1 Bloodcurdling Roar, 20 pts

Chaos Knights (5#, 280 pts)
. . 4 Chaos Knights of Khorne, 220 pts = 4 * 40 (base cost 40) + Mark of Khorne 30 + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 20
. . . . 1 Champion of Khorne, 60 pts

Chaos Ogres (5#, 310 pts)
. . 4 Ogres of Slaanesh, 240 pts = 4 * 50 (base cost 35 + Great Weapon 10 + Chaos Armor 5) + Mark of Slaanesh 10 + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 20
. . . . 1 Mutant Ogre of Slaanesh, 70 pts = (base cost 55 + Great Weapon 10 + Chaos Armor 5)

Chaos Spawn (1#, 75 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh, 75 pts = (base cost 55) + Mark of Slaanesh 20

Chaos Spawn (1#, 75 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh, 75 pts = (base cost 55) + Mark of Slaanesh 20

Chaos Warshrine (1#, 130 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Warshrine, 130 pts

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Chaos Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Special Rules: Forbid Special Characters, Forbid Regiments of Renown
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 320 (0 - 625)
Points of Heroes: 469 (0 - 625)
Points of Core: 712 (625 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 590 (0 - 1250)
Points of Rare: 280 (0 - 625)

Created with Army BuilderĀ® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime28th December 2011, 12:09 am

Are you wanting to build a power/competitive army or have fun with the marks you like and the models on hand?

This will help my critique.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime28th December 2011, 12:21 am

Really, I'm just trying to do something fun and different. I don't want to do just blocks of warriors and knights. I'm sure I'd do much better with a Tzeentch sorceror lord, etc. Next year I'm sure I'll have a very different looking army...
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime28th December 2011, 12:28 am

I like the list because it is not the same "stuff". The list is fast and looks like could have some potential. The words for your list would appear to be traffic cop. Use your small units to direct the enemy where you want them to go...I like it. I would suggest that one of the wizards be a level 4, because it is needed in this edition.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime29th December 2011, 12:01 pm

Here's my .02:

-Why a great weapon on your BSB? Since you didn't give him any magic gear to survive you risk losing him before he strikes. A 4+ armor save, 2 wound model isn't that survivable. If you don't want to spend the points to gear him up for a fight, i'd drop to a halberd.

-Same on your warriors. I'd go halberds and maintain init, it's one of the biggest boons for Chaos troopers. Str 5 is going to get the job done 9/10 times anyways.

-Two level twos is fine. Fethos is right, you do "need" a level four if you want to stay really competitive in the magic phase, this just forces you on the back foot if they get a lot of dice.

-Tzeentch marauder block is an interesting take. Let me know how you find it. I would drop the champion, unless you think this is where your lvl 2 of tzeentch is going.

-i'm assuming the nurgle2 goes with the horsemen. Watch for panic here since these guys ARENT slaanesh - they will be on leadership 7 if someone manages to shoot 2 of them off. I would drop the champion.

-I like the hounds, drop scaly skin. A 6+ armor save won't save them. Use the points towards buffing a character (maybe that naked bsb?)

-Interesting kit on your lord. I would try and buff his defense abilities (either a dawnstone or a ward save) and I would also suggest swapping roar out for Stream of Corruption. Roar can't be used in combat, so you lose a lot of effectiveness with it over a 6 turn game if you're in 5 turns of combat.

-Knights are fine, I would suggest just going for 5 knights with a muso. The champion and std bearer don't add a lot to an already expensive unit.

-Chaos ogres? Love it. Let me know how they work out. I've never fielded these guys.

-2 spawn...a little bit more versatile in 7th ed. Again, let me know how they work.

-Shrine - mark it Tzeentch. Hands down. a 4+/3+ four wound shrine sticks around fooooreeever.

Again - just my thoughts. I'm not suggesting you change the list since you realize it's different than most chaos build out there - just my thoughts on what you presented.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime29th December 2011, 2:59 pm

You make some interesting points, Capn. And I'm definitely going to be taking them into consideration. Since I'm assembling painting the army as we speak I'm limited for the moment. I've only recently gotten back into the game, and I already submitted the list to Ares. So, this is going to be what I roll with at the Slaughter this year. I don't expect to burn the place up, but I do expect to have fun and learn quite a bit.

I've already got some plans for some alternate lists for later, and with your points and the experience I'll be getting in the coming weeks I'm sure I'll have some ideas for later.

EDIT - Actually, after looking again I completely agree on the Warriors.

I'm very new to the game, I got involved only slightly in 5th edition and have only recently gotten back into it. So, looking at my current list I know a lot of the decisions made were based on newbie mistakes more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime2nd January 2012, 3:41 pm

I made some revisions with your feedback in mind, I decided to drop the Great Weapons in favor of the basic Hand Weapon and Shield. I also added a Mark of Tzeentch to my Warshrine and an extra block of 6 Warhounds (18 hounds total, in 3 blocks). Dropped lances in favor of Ensorcelled Weapons on my Knights and dropped Bloodcurdling Roar from the general. I feel like I've got a more workable force now, and a bit more survivability where it counts. Time to get back to painting.

2500 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Exalted Hero (1#, 165 pts)
. . 1 Exalted Hero of Slaanesh (Battle Standard Bearer), 165 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer)
. . . . 1 Gambler's Armour

Chaos Warriors (19#, 364 pts)
. . 18 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh, 364 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
. . . . 1 Champion of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield)
. . . . 1 Rapturous Standard

Sorcerer (1#, 140 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch, 140 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)

Chaos Marauders (29#, 214 pts)
. . 28 Chaos Marauders of Tzeentch, 214 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)
. . . . 1 Chieftan of Tzeentch (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)

Sorcerer (1#, 181 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle, 181 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Barding; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
. . . . 1 Chaos Steed
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 135 pts)
. . 4 Marauder Horsemen of Nurgle, 135 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)
. . . . 1 Marauder Chieftan of Nurgle (Mark of Nurgle; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)
. . . . 5 Warhorse

Chaos Hounds (6#, 36 pts)
. . 6 Chaos Warhounds, 36 pts

Chaos Lord (2#, 300 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Lord of Khorne, 300 pts (Beserk Rage; General; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Frenzy)
. . . . 1 Juggernaut of Khorne (Causes Fear; Magic Resistance (1))
. . . . 1 Glaive of Putrefaction

Chaos Knights (5#, 280 pts)
. . 4 Chaos Knights of Khorne, 280 pts (Beserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear; Frenzy)
. . . . 1 Champion of Khorne (Beserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Frenzy)
. . . . 5 Chaos Steed

Chaos Ogres (5#, 310 pts)
. . 4 Ogres of Slaanesh, 310 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Chaos Armor; Causes Fear)
. . . . 1 Mutant Ogre of Slaanesh (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Chaos Armor)

Chaos Spawn (1#, 75 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh, 75 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Causes Fear; Unbreakable)

Chaos Spawn (1#, 75 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh, 75 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Causes Fear; Unbreakable)

Chaos Warshrine (1#, 150 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch, 150 pts (Mark of Tzeentch)

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Chaos Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Special Rules: Forbid Special Characters, Forbid Regiments of Renown
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 300 (0 - 625)
Points of Heroes: 486 (0 - 625)
Points of Core: 713 (625 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 590 (0 - 1250)
Points of Rare: 300 (0 - 625)

Total Roster Cost: 2497

Created with Army BuilderĀ® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime2nd January 2012, 10:50 pm

I like it. Let me know when you want to get a game in!
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime2nd January 2012, 11:05 pm

Yeah Wood, I'm waiting on a couple more pieces and working my Arse off converting/painting everything. But this week (hopefully) I'm going to get some games in with these guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chaos - Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos - Shiloh   Chaos - Shiloh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos - Shiloh
Page 1 of 1