Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Chaos Army for Shiloh

Go down 
+4
capnwoodrow
Fethos
sithkhan
Khaas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Empty
PostSubject: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime15th December 2011, 3:56 pm

My wife decided to take the initiative, for Christmas she took me on a trip to TSE for the Warhammer Chaos Battalion box. I went back for some supplies and the Chaos Spawn box, so now it's time to get my hands dirty.

I have a large L Shaped desk that I got from Staples, since my computers are lining the larger side I decided to clear off the smaller leg mini making. I'll keep this up to date as I get more work done.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Workspace

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Spawn

Meet Quato, the first of my new army.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Spawn-a1

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Spawn-a2

Last edited by Khaas on 30th January 2012, 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
sithkhan
Vanilla Marine with Blue Armor
sithkhan

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime15th December 2011, 7:59 pm

Looking good! I like the chalky bone colr with the red. I love your base work as well ... keep it coming!

Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime16th December 2011, 5:26 pm

Thanks sithkhan, and now for more.

Finished the second Spawn today, next week I'll knock out the warhounds.

Say hello to the Bull.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Spawn-b1

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Spawn-b2

And here's one of both spawn together...

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Spawn-complete
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime16th December 2011, 7:47 pm

Fantastic work on the spawns. Cannot wait to see them on the table.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime16th December 2011, 8:50 pm

Got bored waiting on the wife so we could go out for dinner, in the meantime I knocked out a couple of Warhounds.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Warhound-01

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Warhound-02
Back to top Go down
sithkhan
sithkhan

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime17th December 2011, 11:55 am

Are you making your bases, or are they prefabbed? Regadless, you have made some great choices on them.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime17th December 2011, 1:03 pm

Agree, it's all looking fantastic. Keep it up and let us know when you want to get a game in!
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime17th December 2011, 2:14 pm

Thanks guys, those are the standard bases that come with the models. I'm using Small and Medium basing slate from the Citadel basing kit, along with a regiment of Vampire Counts skeletons.

I had a good week on eBay, so my army should be shaping up sooner than expected. I'll be working on a conversion for my general very soon as well. I'll keep him hush hush for now, I'm excited about that one.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime19th December 2011, 5:49 pm

No pictures today, I got the missing part for my new computer and spent all afternoon trying to get the thing to boot. I now officially have a $3000 paperweight, but it's a fancy paperweight!

Anyhow, I DID manage to get the rest of the hounds based and primed (they're drying as I type this). And I got started on my Chaos Knights, I've got 5 more coming in from an eBay auction I won a few days ago ($9 after shipping and handling is about as good as it gets imo). I'm probably going to spend this holiday week finishing off the hounds and putting the rest of my models together, basing them, then priming.

I'm definitely anxious to get to work on the Warriors and Knights.

I've got some conversions coming soon for the Lord, Champions and Sorcerors. I'm working on a Slaanesh standardbearer on foot. A Nurgle and Tzeentch sorcerer, and a Chaos Lord mounted on a Juggarnaut.

And a really WILD conversion that I'm saving for last.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime20th December 2011, 2:03 pm

Since I got a lot of basing and priming done yesterday and here's a shot of the current progress and a taste of what's next.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Coming-soon

Last edited by Khaas on 20th January 2012, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime23rd December 2011, 11:53 pm

Hey guys, and Merry Christmas. Not sure how much time I'm gonna have with the minis next week but I just put the finishing touches on a unit of Chaos Knights and thought I'd share the results. I'm going for an overall worn and used look with my army, and that includes the armor. I don't like the metal to be too shiny, tin bitz with a dry brush of chainmail seems to have done the trick.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Knight-01
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Knight-02
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Knight-03
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Knight-04
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Knight-05

Here's the entire unit (until I add some more knights at least).
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Knight-unit1

Coming Up:
2 units of 20 Chaos Warriors
2 units of 30 Marauders
1 unit of 5 Chaos Knights
2 units of 5 Marauder Horsemen
2 Chaos Sorcerers (both Mounted 1 Tzentsch and 1 Nurgle)
1 Chaos Lord of Khorne
1 Slaanesh Standard Bearer
5 Chaos Ogres (Slaanesh)
1 Warshrine
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime24th December 2011, 1:27 pm

This is really coming along nicely. My favorite paint job has got to be the chaos spawn. For some reason the white and blood just really look good to me.
Back to top Go down
Whirlpool
Eldar with a tramp stamp
Whirlpool

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime24th December 2011, 5:30 pm

Wow, you did a really good job on these! I like the black and metallic look, makes them very intimidating indeed. I need to get some metallic colors for my chaos marines. I've just been mixing a grey color, but the shine just isn't there like on yours.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime3rd January 2012, 8:32 pm

The holidays proved to be more hectic than I anticipated, but I'm back on track. First, I got a set of ogres from a friend of mine who decided to play Orcs and Goblins, I figured these guys would be great to recycle into Chaos Ogres.

Since it's a Slaanesh squad I decided to go a little crazy with the Mutant conversion.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Ogre-mutant-a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Ogre-mutant-b

And here is my Juggernaut, I'll be painting the general tomorrow and mounting him. Then it's off to work on my new unit of Chaos Knights (decided to shelve the other ones in favor of ones with Ensorcelled Weapons).

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Juggernaut-1a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Juggernaut-1b

More coming soon...
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime4th January 2012, 1:18 pm

Today I got the lord mounted and painted, turned out nice imo.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Lord-juggernaut-a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Lord-juggernaut-b

I'll be finishing up the cavalry today and getting started on my warriors.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime5th January 2012, 3:51 pm

The last of my needed parts are coming in a bit at a time, so I'm making sure everything's assembled and based. Tomorrow (hopefully) I'll get everything primed then it's all painting.

Here's my Nurgle Sorceror in progress. Marauder Horse and the Sorceror came from the Chimera model, plenty of green stuff to make him ooze... And to roughen up his robes/cloak. Horse seems to have caught something along the way too...

BTW, I got some of that liquid green stuff and it's working really well for small gaps, if anyone's been curious about it.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Nurgle-sorceror-1a

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Nurgle-sorceror-1b
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime5th January 2012, 5:29 pm

Another quick update:

I assembled and based my Warshrine!
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Warshrine

Also I finished the conversions for my recycled Ogre unit.
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Salvaged-ogres

The most obvious change, is I added shields from Marauders in place of the gut plates to give them a little more of a Chaos feel. The mutant however is using a shield from a Chaos Knight and I've also used some bits from the 40k Orc Boyz to add a little more plate. Also, there's a couple of weapons from Mournfang cavalry that have been shaved and added to the two basic Ogres at each end.

I'll probably paint this unit tomorrow, and work on my remaining cavalry pieces after I finish basing everything tonight. Then it's the shrine, hounds, and infantry...

Here's a shot of the assembled army.
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Army-wip

This time next week I should definitely be ready for some games.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime5th January 2012, 8:43 pm

I am loving the way its turning out. Awesome job with the greenstuff sculpting, too. As always, you would be welcome to post to the blog if you were interestd. Keep it up - i look forward to more!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime10th January 2012, 6:17 pm

Thanks Wild!

Here's an update, unfortunately with the spitting outside I can't really get the remaining pieces primed. But I should be able to get the rest of the models based and a few more painted. Especially the Marauder Horsemen and the first rank of my Chaos Warriors which are already primed and ready for paint.

Unfortunately, my wife's been seriously ill recently so I haven't had the time to really work on my guys as much as I'd like. Last night though I stayed up late and did some work, first I switched the weapons on the Knights I did earlier, now they're using Axes and fit the movement tray much better with the general.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Knights+general

I also did some work on my Marauder Horsemen, getting the colors down, I knocked out the standard bearer and I'm pleased with the results.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Horseman-1a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Horseman-1b

Just some touch ups to do on these and they'll all be finished. Now that I have my color palette pinned down I think I can knock out the remaining Horsemen in a couple of hours.

Coming Soon:
The rest of my Shiloh force should be ready to go soon, I've also got a bunch of additional models to work on including a unit of six Khorne Ogres (heavy conversions using Beastmen Minotaurs), 10 more Knights, 10 Horsemen, 50 Khorne Marauders with Great Weapons, a Daemon Prince and some converted Forsaken.

Yes, I'm going to be busy.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime12th January 2012, 3:24 am

Well, I took advantage of the lull in the weather this afternoon. I got another handful of models primed and ready for paint. I also took the opportunity to paint my first rank of Warriors (including my Slaanesh standard bearer).

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Warriors-1a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Warriors-1b

I also got my second Marauder Horseman finished.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Horseman-2a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Horseman-2b

The good news, the Horsemen are taking roughly the same amount of time it takes me to paint 5 Warriors. So, now that I've got my system and colors down it should go pretty quickly.

Enjoy...
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime12th January 2012, 3:21 pm

Today I got both of the sorcerers painted meaning all characters are now finished. I also started on the last three Marauder Horsemen. I'll finish those tomorrow, then get to work on my remaining ogres.

Tzeentsch Sorcerer (goes with my Marauders)
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Sorcerer-1a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Sorcerer-1b

Nurgle Sorcerer on mount (goes with my Marauder Horsemen)
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Sorcerer-2a
My Chaos Army for Shiloh Sorcerer-2b

More to do, and plenty of light left to get it done. But, the Shiloh force is coming along.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 1:56 pm

Marauder Horsemen unit and mounted Nurgle Sorcerer finished.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Horsemen-1a

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Horsemen-1b

The day is young, so I'll see how much more I can get done before the sun goes down.
Back to top Go down
sithkhan
sithkhan

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime17th January 2012, 4:11 pm

Your time management is to be lauded and envied! The troops are looking great, sir.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime18th January 2012, 11:24 pm

Today was a little weird, so I didn't get everything I wanted to accomplish, done. However, I did manage to get the remaining pieces for Shiloh based.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Basing-finished

It took a while, but I'm happy. Tomorrow morning I'll prime them all and I'll be in the home stretch.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Marauder-movement-tray

With that out of the way, I decided to start working on the movement trays, the marauders are 5 wide and 6 deep, and devoted to Tzeentch so I decided to give the tray a few special touches. Next week I'll be giving the rest of the bases similar treatment.

Models I'll Be Working On:
Forsaken (converting old school warriors along with Spawn bits).
2 Units of 18, Warriors with Halberds.
2 Units of 3 each, Ogres of Khorne (converted from Beastman Minotaurs).
2 Units of 5, Marauder Horsemen with Flails and Throwing Spears.
2 Units of 50 Marauders of Khorne with Great Weapons.
Daemon Prince
Sorceror Lord of Tzeentch on Disk.

(I've got a ton more now, but not sure what all is going to happen to it all.)

In other news, I've been watching eBay for deals. Particularly over the recent holiday, and I've managed some really good deals. I've got a Sterilite container now filled with models I'll be working on for a while. My next big project though will be to get started on my wifes Daemon army, I picked up the models below for $45.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh The-beginning

The wife was pleased with the deal, and so am I Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime20th January 2012, 11:10 am

Yesterday I got everything but the Warshrine primed and ready for painting, I had a few last minute conversions I wanted to do (my marauder champion for example). Then I got distracted...

London Calling...
I received a package from Brittain containing a army lot I won on eBay.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh London-calling-1

Since it was largely loose pieces and semi assembled models I wanted to get it all sorted, recently I found a PLANO tackle bag for sale (4 plastic divided containers inside a green and blue canvas bag) for $25. The thing has some nice sized pockets on the sides and the containers are big, so I figured it'd be a great place to hold bits and some modeling supplies. It proved invaluable here when I got things organized.

Contents of the Lot:
Chaos Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch (also has bits for 2 more Sorcerers).
18 Chaos Marauders.
17 Chaos Warriors.
12 OOP Chaos Warriors (being made into Forsaken)
10 Warhounds (brings me up to 30 unassembled).
5 Chaos Knights (gives me a total of 15 unassembled).
4 Beastman Minotaurs (converting them into Ogres).

A ton of bits from Chaos Spawn, etc.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh London-calling-2

So, as I write this it's just past 9. And I've already been working for the past hour getting my final conversion done for Shiloh, my Warshrine of Tzeentch.

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Warshrine-converted-1a

I noticed I forgot my drivers/handlers, so why not add a couple of Pink Horrors?

My Chaos Army for Shiloh Warshrine-converted-1b

Likewise, the Gorthor the Beastlord model I picked up was missing the crossmember that connects the mounts to the chariot, so I grabbed some bits and some green stuff and found what I consider a suitable stand in.

Letting the green stuff set today, and hopefully I'll have it primed this afternoon.

Meanwhile, with everything else primed it's time to get to work painting...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Chaos Army for Shiloh   My Chaos Army for Shiloh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Chaos Army for Shiloh
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next