Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Whats better?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

Dark Eldar Whats better? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime15th June 2011, 2:54 pm

So i was just wondering out a few groups what things are better
Out of incubi, mandrakes, and wracks whats better
Out of Haemonculi, Archons, and Succubus' what is best
Out beast masters choices what is best
And finally what is better scourges or reavers?

And yeah thats pretty much it thanks
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime15th June 2011, 3:10 pm

Man honestly I'm under the opinion of (censored). If you were ever able (to be a great person and like flowers (edited)). I would recommend (censored) (whole line deleted) And that really is your best option of course if (censored). Archons equipped with (fun happy rainbows (edited)) are the best wargear options. Now when it comes to the Scourges or Ranvengers I would (censored).

(wall of text removed for some ga... (happy (edited)) reason...

wait? what? I didn't type that. (I totally did type all of this (edited)).

LBB
Edited by both what is socially acceptability and convenient.

Muck this I'm outta this place.
(I didn't type Muck! What the down there (points south) is a muck!

Muck
WTM?

Sigh
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
Necron Pariah visiting a shrink
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime16th June 2011, 12:15 pm

Alright

Incubi vs Mandrakes vs Wraks

-Incubi are S4 power weapons with a 3+ save, they are also very expensive.
-Mandrakes are a waste, they need a pain token to shoot but cant get one outside of a haemunculus, which means no infiltrate
-Wracks are cheap and start with a pain token buy struggle against heavly armored targets

My preference is Incubi

Haemunculi vs Archon vs Succubus

-Haemis are cheap and get nice arcane wargear, they also come with a pain token
-Archons are the most versitile and the most survivable with the Clone Field and shadowfield options
-Succubus is nice, but fragile and need to be in combat.

My Preference is an archon at first, but over 1250 points I add 2 haemis

Razorwings vs khymera vs fiends

-fiends are powerful and tough, but only come 1 per master and are expensive
-khymera get the invuln save and are not all that expensive
-Razorwings get masses of rending attacks

My preference is razorwings

Reavers Vs Scourges
-Reavers are the fastest unit in the game and can hurt you while they turboboost.
-Scourges are best in larger units which gets expensive fast but get LOADS of special weapons

My preference is reavers with units of scourge showing up at the 2k level
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime16th June 2011, 12:37 pm

WOW Thanks man, this really helps!
I am trying to decide what stuff to buy, but my parents are low on money(pay schedule changes) so they cant pay me for my chores or stuff like that, anyway i have to use my cash, and im running low on it now

Im thinking 5 incubi in a venom(have to buy both of these), a set of reavers, a beast master and a 2 razor wing flocks, i am going to use my wracks and my haemonculus i preordered 2 weeks ago for a while, maybe i will play some games with my dad using them as an archon and incubi...

Oops forgot to add hellions in on the Reavers Vs Scourges part
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime18th June 2011, 8:45 am

if it helps, My 2000pt Dark Eldar list is

1x Archon-Shadowfield, Agonizer

2x Haemonuclus-2x Liquifier guns, 2x Agonizers

5x Incubi- Klaivex, Onslaught, Raider, Nightshields, Klickerifield, Aethersails, Grisly Trophis, Torment Grenades

10 Warriors-Blaster, Cannon, Raider, Nightshields, Aethersails

10 Warriors-Dark Lance, Raider, Nightshields, Sybarite, Aethersails

10 Warriors-Dark Lance, Raider, Nightshields, Sybarite, Aethersails

4x Reavers-Arena Champ

1x Ravager- Nightshields, Flickerfield

Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime18th June 2011, 8:48 am

Oops, didnt see the hellions part

Hellions are the cheapest of the 3. They also have the worst aspects of the previous 2 options, T3 and a 5+ save. They lack the weapon options but are and excellent fast moving combat unit.

10x Hellions- Helliarch, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, agonizer

I think that is 190pts and is how I would use them. Since wyches are on foot or in a Raider they have nice speed and dont take up a troops slot like wyches.

I still prefer reavers though, unless you have the Baron. The Baron and the Duke combined can make a wych cult/Hellion army very nasty.

-Dread

Last edited by DreadArchon on 18th June 2011, 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime18th June 2011, 8:51 am

Oops again more rambling.

The Incubi in a venom are okay, but then they are really glorified wyches. If you want them to shine, stick them in a raider w/your archon and at least 2 haemis.

S5 power weapons on the charge, onslaught and 3x agonizers is scary....
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime18th June 2011, 11:36 am

i picked up a box of reavers, yesterday, would have picked up a raider, ravager, incubi, and a archon but that is $133.25 and i am low on money( Crying or Very sad )
I might try to get an archon this week and paint him up(Painting!)

Thanks

Oops forgot about grotesques, razorwings, and voidravens(Wow... Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime18th June 2011, 11:58 am

+1 for Archon's list.

The only other really fun way to do DE is Venom spam.
Back to top Go down
DreadArchon
DreadArchon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime19th June 2011, 8:44 am

Grots, Ravens and Wings

Razorwings are alright, they are light armor by DE standards but are fast with the ariel assault and supersonic rules. Its got its 2x lances but its the missiles that make it somthing more than a ravager. The missile options are okay, none really stand out unfortunatly. All the missiles are anti-infantry, even though the implosions is S7, none are ordinance so no 2d6 pick highest. Id upgrade it with a Splinter Cannon, Nightshields and a flickerifield for 175 pts.

Voidravens are great, 2x S9 lances and the on shot mine are alright. It does not come with missiles, but you can buy them. As with the Razor, none of the missiles stand out. Id upgrade it with a Nightshield and FLickerfield.

Both of these units suffer from the greatest of all failings. They are Heavy Supports and are in direct competition with Ravagers. I like both, but the Ravager is just too good to pass up, its also a smaller target and thus easier to hide.

Grotesques (Grots) are the heavy hitters of the haemi units. With T5 and 3 wounds they can take a pounding and since they start with Feel No Pain, all the better. They can be expensive at 35pts a model but a unit of 3 in a raider costs about the same as a unit of Incubi. This means they can effectivley compete for the role of bodyguard for Archons, Haemis and Succubus with the added bonus of the pain token. The liquifier gun and abberation are options to abuse wound allocation too. Id run them as...

3x Grotesques-Liquifier Gun, Abberation, Raider, Night Shields, FLickerfield, Grisly Trophies, Torment Grenades,
Enhanced Aethersail
220pts

For a nice bodyguard for an Archon, join with 1-2 Haemis and you have a nice scary unit.

-Dread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Whats better?   Dark Eldar Whats better? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Whats better?
Page 1 of 1