Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar- Should I?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Dark Eldar- Should I? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar- Should I?   Dark Eldar- Should I? Icon_minitime5th October 2010, 11:22 pm

I want to play a second army. I failed at playing marines and sold them all off. With the new codex Dark Eldar might be pretty fun. Is there any word of a new battle box? Also, is there anything I should know about DE?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar- Should I?   Dark Eldar- Should I? Icon_minitime5th October 2010, 11:34 pm

Considering they are getting a complete reboot out of second edition no one really knows a lot about them. The main rumors are lots of poison shooting and being FAST (ie, turbo boosting 36" on bikes).

They are going to once again epitomize the glass hammer style of army. They will be challenging to play, but very rewarding for tactical gamers.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar- Should I?   Dark Eldar- Should I? Icon_minitime6th October 2010, 12:59 am

sounds pretty interesting....the poison thing is what is really selling me right now.

I dont like the typical space marine play style
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar- Should I?   Dark Eldar- Should I? Icon_minitime11th October 2010, 10:28 am

After seeing some of the recent rumor stuff, it looks like the DE will be a force to be reckoned with in the hands of an experienced player.

I hear Warpig has a great deal on some used DE stuff if you want to bulk up the collection...
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar- Should I?   Dark Eldar- Should I? Icon_minitime11th October 2010, 11:04 am

Yeah I've seen it down there....I'm probally going to go snag it all if I dont get beat to it

Big_D- can you tell me what you have left down there? I'm for sure coming to Warpig sometime this weekend

Also, what are the units that are NOT worth picking up? They all look pretty sweet, but as I build I want to collect the ones that I will most likely use in a list. (i.e. Tau Vespids are a complete waste of money)
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar- Should I?   Dark Eldar- Should I? Icon_minitime11th October 2010, 11:41 am

From what i've seen out of the new codex, the only things that people are saying 'don't take' are the things without models (ie the Venom).

Warriors are excellent. The lords are still good. The named characters are fairly punchy. Without going into points cost Raider spam will be lowered, but you're still going to want several raiders and ravagers. Wytches are still good and you'll probably want to snag a few units of them.

The only stuff i'm not really sure on is the Elite/Fast attack/heavy without sitting down and looking at the 'dex yet.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar- Should I?   Dark Eldar- Should I? Icon_minitime11th October 2010, 12:58 pm

For Dark Eldar I have a Battle Force (1 Raider, 5 Jetbikes, 20 Warriors) and also 20 Dark Eldar Warriors.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar- Should I?   Dark Eldar- Should I? Icon_minitime11th October 2010, 8:40 pm

I am going to come get them friday. What time do you open?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar- Should I?   Dark Eldar- Should I? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar- Should I?
Page 1 of 1