Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First attempt 2k Dark Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

First attempt 2k Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: First attempt 2k Dark Eldar   First attempt 2k Dark Eldar Icon_minitime10th December 2010, 8:36 pm

I know this list isnt that great. I havent had that much time to really work on it, but I'll go ahead and post what I've done. The big bonus of this list IMO is that I already have all the models...Oh, and consider the Haemys to be seperate units, forgot to change it

2000 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster

HQ: Haemonculus (2#, 165 pts)
1 Haemonculus @ 165 pts ((C:DE, pg. 85); Unit Type: Infantry; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Independent Character; Altered Physique; Gnarlskin; Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Webway Portal)
1 Haemonculus (Night Vision; Power from Pain; Independent Character; Altered Physique; Gnarlskin; Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Hexrifle)

Elite: Incubi (6#, 185 pts)
5 Incubi @ 185 pts ((C:DE, pg. 86); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Incubus Warsuit; Klaive)
1 Venom ((C:DE, pg. 91); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast, Open-topped); Transport Capacity: 5 models; Night Vision; Flickerfield; Splinter Cannon x2; Night Shields)

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn (5#, 168 pts)
4 Kabalite Trueborn @ 168 pts ((C:DE, pg. 88); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x1; Kabalite Armour; Blaster x3)
1 Venom ((C:DE, pg. 91); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast, Open-topped); Transport Capacity: 5 models; Night Vision; Flickerfield; Splinter Cannon x2; Night Shields)

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn (5#, 168 pts)
4 Kabalite Trueborn @ 168 pts ((C:DE, pg. 88); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x1; Kabalite Armour; Blaster x3)

Troops: Wyches (11#, 190 pts)
10 Wyches @ 190 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Dodge (4+); Splinter Pistol & CCW; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades; Wychsuit; Razorflails x2)
1 Raider ((C:DE, pg. 91); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast, Open-topped); Transport Capacity: 10 models; Night Vision; Dark Lance x1; Flickerfield)

Troops: Wyches (10#, 120 pts)
10 Wyches @ 120 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Dodge (4+); Splinter Pistol & CCW; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades; Wychsuit; Razorflails x2)

Fast Attack: Beastmasters (12#, 206 pts)
4 Beastmasters @ 206 pts ((C:DE, pg. 90); Unit Type: Beasts; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Wychsuit; Skyboard; Close Combat Weapon x4; Splinter Pod x4)
4 Khymerae (Night Vision; Invulnerable Save (4+))
2 Clawed Fiends (Night Vision; Bestial Fury)
2 Razorwing Flocks (Night Vision; Whirlwind of Blades)

Fast Attack: Reavers (6#, 156 pts)
6 Reavers @ 156 pts ((C:DE, pg. 91); Unit Type: Jetbikes; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Skilled Rider; Wychsuit; Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Combat Drugs; Reaver Jetbike; Bladevanes x6; Splinter Rifle x4; Heat Lance x2)

Heavy Support: Ravager (1#, 115 pts)
1 Ravager @ 115 pts ((C:DE, pg. 92); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast, Open-topped); Night Vision; Aerial Assault; Dark Lance x3; Flickerfield)

Heavy Support: Voidraven Bomber (1#, 195 pts)
1 Voidraven Bomber @ 195 pts ((C:DE, pg. 93); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast); Night Vision; Deep Strike; Aerial Assault; Supersonic; Void Lance x2; Void Mine; Shatterfield Missile x4; Flickerfield)

Troops: Kabalite Warriors (10#, 166 pts)
9 Kabalite Warriors @ 166 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x8; Kabalite Armour; Blaster x1)
1 Raider ((C:DE, pg. 91); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast, Open-topped); Transport Capacity: 10 models; Night Vision; Dark Lance x1; Flickerfield)

Troops: Kabalite Warriors (10#, 166 pts)
9 Kabalite Warriors @ 166 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x8; Kabalite Armour; Blaster x1)

Validation Report:
1. Dark Eldar Army: Kabal; c-1. File Version: 1.11a For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; b-1. Roster Options: Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Created with Army BuilderĀ® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: First attempt 2k Dark Eldar   First attempt 2k Dark Eldar Icon_minitime11th December 2010, 11:10 am

This army looks a tad bit "kitchen sinkey" to me. You are taking some good units, but I don't know if you're running enough of them to see consistency. I hope that makes sense.

Maybe that's my fault from the perspective of an older 'dex player of taking HQ 1, HQ 2, 4-6x of 10 guys with the same loadout.

Now the new DE are the newest codex on the block, so I have very little experience with them. Just what I see from general build perspective.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: First attempt 2k Dark Eldar   First attempt 2k Dark Eldar Icon_minitime11th December 2010, 9:45 pm

yeah, the good builds look really boring though. They are like "take 4 squads of warriors, 2 squads of wyches, tons of raiders....."
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: First attempt 2k Dark Eldar   First attempt 2k Dark Eldar Icon_minitime11th December 2010, 10:08 pm

Biggest thing I see that you can change is the night shields, they're not as great as they sound. The only weapon they really effect is Melta and against AV10 Open Topped they don't need the extra D6 Pen to drop you. Roll anything but a 1 and you have a decent chance at wrecking your rides with anything S8 AP1.

After that I don't like the Incubi in the Venom, they've already got anti-infantry covered so I'd stick them in a Raider with Flicker Field and Shock Prow, it costs the same and gives you a chance to blow up enemy rides and assault the passengers. It also bumps up your anti-tank which you're a bit low on currently (Lots of units can crack rides, but most have only 1 shot so not extremely reliable on their own). Also, I like Demiklaives but they don't seem to be getting much love from what I've seen.

I'd try to juggle points to get the second Wych unit a Raider, even if they're not going to start in it it's an extra Darklance and Cover save for your Ravager/Voidraven. I'd also add Shock Prows so they can tank shock into enemies if possible, but they'd also be the first thing I'd cut if points were close. For the Warriors, the same as the Incubi but reverse, I'd get them into the Venoms since they've already got blasters. Also, why go all the way up to 9 if you're not going to just go to 10 for the second special? If you leave them at 5 you can get a Blaster and Blast Pistol in a Venom for 10 points cheaper. They work a lot like my 5 man assault marine squads in Razors only squishier, faster, and with generally better guns.

I like the Reavers as is, would like a second unit but points are a bitch with this army sometimes. For the Beast Masters, I'd drop your second Fiend for 2 more Razorwing Swarms. The Swarms really do all the heavy lifting with lots of Rending attacks, the Fiends are mostly wound soakers. Should also save you 10 points.

I'm not a fan of the Voidraven missiles, I might drop 2 just to save some points for other parts of the army but that's just me. I'd also try to fit in another Ravager if you can juggle better than I can...

Also, I'd avoid Raider spam, what with them being more expensive than the old book and still not very reliable overall I'd say you're better off with a mix of Venoms and Raiders.

Enough of a book for ya? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: First attempt 2k Dark Eldar   First attempt 2k Dark Eldar Icon_minitime11th December 2010, 10:12 pm

Looks fun then.

Most people with the 'bland' repetitive armies will have enough redundancy to stand up to this list, but it may catch a few people out being the new kid on the block.

Let us know how it does!
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: First attempt 2k Dark Eldar   First attempt 2k Dark Eldar Icon_minitime11th December 2010, 10:19 pm

I meant to use flickerfields...ill just drop those all together
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: First attempt 2k Dark Eldar   First attempt 2k Dark Eldar Icon_minitime12th December 2010, 4:20 pm

Here is a 1500 list I was also working on...

1500 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster

HQ: Archon (1#, 95 pts)
1 Archon @ 95 pts ((C:DE, pg. 84); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Independent Character; Kabalite Armour; Splinter Pistol; Plasma Grenades; Huskblade)

HQ: Haemonculus (2#, 150 pts)
1 Haemonculus @ 150 pts ((C:DE, pg. 85); Unit Type: Infantry; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Independent Character; Altered Physique; Gnarlskin; Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Webway Portal)
1 Haemonculus (Night Vision; Power from Pain; Independent Character; Altered Physique; Gnarlskin; Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol)

Elite: Incubi (5#, 158 pts)
4 Incubi @ 158 pts ((C:DE, pg. 86); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Incubus Warsuit; Klaive)

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn (5#, 163 pts)
4 Kabalite Trueborn @ 163 pts ((C:DE, pg. 88); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x1; Kabalite Armour; Blaster x3)

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn (5#, 163 pts)
4 Kabalite Trueborn @ 163 pts ((C:DE, pg. 88); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x1; Kabalite Armour; Blaster x3)

Troops: Kabalite Warriors (10#, 115 pts)
10 Kabalite Warriors @ 115 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x9; Kabalite Armour; Dark Lance x1)

Troops: Wyches (9#, 163 pts)
8 Wyches @ 163 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Dodge (4+); Splinter Pistol & CCW; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades; Wychsuit; Razorflails x1; Haywire Grenades)
1 Hekatrix (Haywire Grenades; Plasma Grenades; Blast Pistol; Agoniser)

Fast Attack: Beastmasters (9#, 142 pts)
3 Beastmasters @ 142 pts ((C:DE, pg. 90); Unit Type: Beasts; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Wychsuit; Skyboard; Close Combat Weapon x3; Splinter Pod x3)
3 Khymerae (Night Vision; Invulnerable Save (4+))
1 Clawed Fiend (Night Vision; Bestial Fury)
2 Razorwing Flocks (Night Vision; Whirlwind of Blades)

Heavy Support: Voidraven Bomber (1#, 165 pts)
1 Voidraven Bomber @ 165 pts ((C:DE, pg. 93); Unit Type: Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast); Night Vision; Deep Strike; Aerial Assault; Supersonic; Void Lance x2; Void Mine; Shatterfield Missile x2)

Troops: Kabalite Warriors (11#, 185 pts)
10 Kabalite Warriors @ 185 pts ((C:DE, pg. 89); Unit Type: Infantry; Fleet; Night Vision; Power from Pain; Splinter Rifle x8; Kabalite Armour; Blaster x1; Splinter Cannon x1)

Validation Report:
1. Dark Eldar Army: Kabal; c-1. File Version: 1.11a For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; b-1. Roster Options: Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 1499

Created with Army BuilderĀ® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First attempt 2k Dark Eldar   First attempt 2k Dark Eldar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First attempt 2k Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1