Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar WIP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

Dark Eldar WIP Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar WIP   Dark Eldar WIP Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 3:55 am

I'll post pictures of what I've done soon. Here is my breakdown of assembling a crapton of DE.

Raider- difficult, but the parts fit together pretty well...After my third one I am ready to stop modeling for a while

Warriors- Easy to assemble, fit together great

Reavers- Fit like a glove, best GW model I've ever assembled

Wyches- have that annoying base peice with the slit in the middle. Besides that, not a bad model to assemble...but that slit....ARG

Incubi- Satan himself cursed this model. Their peices dont want to fit together and are a pain to keep in place. GW must have thought "hmm, we gave them good fitting models for the rest of the set, here is a square peg for a round hole".

Archon- see above^^^^^^^^^

Scourge- my homemade models, will post pictures soon.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Dark Eldar WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WIP   Dark Eldar WIP Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 11:23 pm

another plus I've noticed is that the Wyches have a huge selection of random things to customize with...
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Dark Eldar WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WIP   Dark Eldar WIP Icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 11:18 pm

Here is my voidraven conversion

Dark Eldar WIP Voidra11
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Dark Eldar WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WIP   Dark Eldar WIP Icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 11:18 pm

Dark Eldar WIP Voidra12
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Dark Eldar WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WIP   Dark Eldar WIP Icon_minitime22nd November 2010, 11:20 pm

Dark Eldar WIP Voidra13

sorry for the multipost, but i was having trouble doing them all at once
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Dark Eldar WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WIP   Dark Eldar WIP Icon_minitime23rd November 2010, 12:00 am

Pretty clean. I can see where you used the green stuff; use a lot more water and it'll keep it smoother.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Dark Eldar WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WIP   Dark Eldar WIP Icon_minitime23rd November 2010, 12:18 am

Looks good. Fits the profile of the picture in the book very nicely. The extra blades and missiles look right at home.

Only real critique is that the green stuff is a bit visible, nothing too bad though - the paint job should cover that up with no problem. One tip for the next one is to use a bit of vaseline on your fingers. I do this on large patches of green stuff and it will really smooth it out. Only downside is that it gets on the model. I just let it sit for about two days and then clean it with some soap and water and haven't ever had any problem with the paint not sticking.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

Dark Eldar WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WIP   Dark Eldar WIP Icon_minitime23rd November 2010, 1:20 am

Yeah, you cant really see it when its not under heavy lighting. I thought I had it smoothed out really well, but once I posted the pictures I could really see it...

Also, I only made one void lance. This was more of a lack of resource versus how much it would cost to get one more gun kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Eldar WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar WIP   Dark Eldar WIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar WIP
Page 1 of 1