Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Empty
PostSubject: Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.    Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 8:51 pm

Just playing around with the idea of turning my Chaos into some GK because - sadly - i feel like GKs do it better. Not expecting to take out IDM next year with this list, but just wanting to put some more life into my Chaos army as I do love them so...

2x Inquis, power armor,
psyk1 hammerhand, force wep, incinerator

5x Purifers, 2x psyc, 1x halberd
razor, psybolts

5x Purifers, 2x psyc, 1x halberd
razor, psybolts

5x DC Arse
razor, psybolts

5x DC Arse
razor, psybolts

5x GK Strike, 1x psyc, 1x halberd
razor, psybolts

razor, psybolts

razor, psybolts

Stormraven, mm, asscan extra armor

Stormraven, mm, asscan, extra armor

Psyrifleman dred

Psyrifleman dred

During deployment i'll put the DC w/ the storm ravens and use their empty 'backs to cover the psyriflemen. No real anti-tank, but it's GK..so...yeah...

Purifiers will go for my table side, hop out so the 'back and the squad and can split fire as needed.

I originally only wanted one DC group and raven, but i'm afraid in today's spammy meta that one would get blasted to bits, so i've doubled up.

Inquises will go with strike squads for double-hand.

Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.    Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 9:11 pm

Considering the GK faq, you might make the Inquisitors Xenos and take a plasma syphon for 10pts each.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.    Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 10:55 pm

Yeah, I imagine if i'm pushing my strike squads + inqys up the guts that'd be a good investment. I'll see if I can free up the points.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.    Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 11:12 pm

It is familiar to a certain list I'm familiar with. Here's my thoughts based on my experience with that familiar list.

First of all, its not a legal list. Without Coteaz the DCA's are elite and so are the two units of purifiers.
Looking beyond that, I think it's short on troops. One of the issues I had was loosing too many troops to go effectively control objectives. I didn't struggle too much with the anti-tank thing, but with that said, I've been pining a Vindicare in my list.

I think you are dead on with the double ravens. To make it effective, I think two is the magic number. I've kicked around a couple new lists since IDM and the FAQ, and I'm thinking a little more razorback would be a good thing, which this list accomplishes.

I like the double inq's, but I think sporting them with psycannon's is the way to go. Psycannon's are filthy, especially with some termie armor, and those guys are only 80 points with all of it.

I like where your head's at.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.    Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 11:23 pm

Sweet E wrote:

First of all, its not a legal list. Without Coteaz the DCA's are elite and so are the two units of purifiers.
Looking beyond that, I think it's short on troops. One of the issues I had was loosing too many troops to go effectively control objectives. I didn't struggle too much with the anti-tank thing, but with that said, I've been pining a Vindicare in my list.

I like where your head's at.

Thanks for the feedback, but remember you get a 'free' henchmen unit for each inquisitor.

Good call on giving them psycs.

I really want a Vindy, but it's dropping a Psyrifleman to fit one. It's a tough call.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.    Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Icon_minitime14th June 2011, 11:34 pm

Awwww...... you are correct good sir. I forgot all about them not taking up a slot. I find it odd that they list them under elite, but you can only take one warband per inquisitor which makes them not take up an elite slot.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.    Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Icon_minitime15th June 2011, 11:36 am

I guess I could drop the DC and then add Crowe to my list and make the purifiers bigger, so then I could have 4psycs in them and then score...

Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.    Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Icon_minitime15th June 2011, 5:00 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
I guess I could drop the DC and then add Crowe to my list and make the purifiers bigger, so then I could have 4psycs in them and then score...

Don't forget that Crowe can't join units. But he does hold up 2 squads of assault marines rather well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.    Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing around with GKs at 2k - Will look familiar.
Page 1 of 1