Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Competitive Dark Eldar 2k

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

Competitive Dark Eldar 2k Empty
PostSubject: Competitive Dark Eldar 2k   Competitive Dark Eldar 2k Icon_minitime25th March 2011, 8:46 am

This is the list I would like to run if the rumors are true about the vemon and wracks are in the next DE wave of models.

HQ
Archon with husk blade, shadow field and soul-trap
Haemonculus with Liquifier gun

Elite

2x 4 Trueborn w/ 4 blasters in venom with 2 splinter cannons

3 Incubi in venom with 2 splinter cannons

Troops

4x 5 Wracks wth Liquifier gun in vemon with 2 splinter cannons

2x 10 Wyches with 2 Razorflails, Hekatrix with a Agonisers, in a raider with flickerfields and shock prow

Heavy

3x Ravagers with flickerfield and night shields

1997 points

The plan is to throw 2 units of wyches and the archon with incubi in there face to have to deal with, while shooting them with the 84 splinter cannon shots, and 19 blaster/dark lances. I would use the wrack units to grab objectives and flame things that get to close. Haemonculus rides with the archon to give them feel no pain but will not get out when they assault.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Dark Eldar 2k   Competitive Dark Eldar 2k Icon_minitime25th March 2011, 1:52 pm

My only suggestion would be to add a trueborn to each unit to eat a wound or two, and add more icubi. In my limited experience three of them didnt do alot for me, esspecially at 2k.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Dark Eldar 2k   Competitive Dark Eldar 2k Icon_minitime25th March 2011, 3:44 pm

That is a lot of venoms sir.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Dark Eldar 2k   Competitive Dark Eldar 2k Icon_minitime25th March 2011, 3:46 pm

Honestly, I'd put the wracks in raiders. They are equip for eating troops, so you would want your transport to have heavy capacity. That way you could bust a transport and assault right behind it. Also, ravagers go down pretty easily. You are relying on basicly 3 glass cannons to down anything heavy. If you put in some raiders you would have more big gun shots, and still have enough cannon shots. Not to mention your close combat should eat enough face to do what the lost cannons would have.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Dark Eldar 2k   Competitive Dark Eldar 2k Icon_minitime25th March 2011, 4:21 pm

I agree with wracks in raiders, at least for 3 of them to sit back with so you have at least a 4+ cover save always on your Ravagers. I don't think the night shields are necessary (that's the 6" longer range one right?) as the main threats to your Ravagers are Las/Autocannons Missiles & Railguns. Aka guns that aren't hurting to only reach 42". Also, Melta doesn't need the add d6 to ruin your day.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Dark Eldar 2k   Competitive Dark Eldar 2k Icon_minitime25th March 2011, 6:49 pm

I love the Venom spam. Drop and pop, sir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Dark Eldar 2k   Competitive Dark Eldar 2k Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competitive Dark Eldar 2k
Page 1 of 1