Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WAR - Free play interest?

Go down 
+6
bsimon
sirhelnor
Wildeyedjester
bdix
Fletch
capnwoodrow
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

WAR - Free play interest? Empty
PostSubject: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime8th February 2011, 9:09 pm

Warhammer Online is now free to play.

Any local interest in this? I played at launch and remember thinking "Hm, I wouldn't pay for this..."

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime8th February 2011, 9:16 pm

Nice ill have to put it back on my comp.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime8th February 2011, 9:50 pm

I'll play if we get a group playing. It always looked really fun.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime8th February 2011, 10:02 pm

If only I could play on my iPad.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime8th February 2011, 10:09 pm

can you not do the windows on mac thing?
Back to top Go down
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime8th February 2011, 10:48 pm

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/05/03/wow-on-ipad-via-streaming/ you can
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime8th February 2011, 10:49 pm

oooo. I'd play WoW again too....
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime8th February 2011, 11:10 pm

That's a big NO to WoW. But I'd pick up warhammer and play casually... WoW= way too addicting
Back to top Go down
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 12:35 am

War isnt free to play its just free as long as you want with the first tier of stuff.
Back to top Go down
sirhelnor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
Red Space Marine Plasma Donor
sirhelnor

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 1:05 am

i'm game if it's f2p... they don't do the whole "buy items to actually be good" thing, do they?
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 7:54 am

Yeah, a company generally has zero motivation to make a product 100% free. It's just a tiered system of keeping people interested.

DDO did the same thing w/ some degree of success.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 1:02 pm

explain this tier system thing
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 1:27 pm

I don't know how it works in WAR exactly, but like in DDO you had tiers of 3 levels. So after 3 levels you couldn't level up again until you got an "orb of such and such" which you could either quest for or pay 4.99 to EA and they would give your account one.

Then they started selling everything. Want a potion that'll triple xp gain for 4 hours? $3.99
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 1:43 pm

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=20759

You can level to level 10 without paying. Past that you're outside of the "Endless Trial."
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 2:40 pm

What is the level cap? Like is level 10 very far into the game? I know in WoW level 10 would last you like 2 hours
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 2:46 pm

I got a 14-day re-activation when I was kicking around this morning. After about an hour of play I was at rank 4. This leads me to believe that the endless free play would be a few days of game time.

Sounds like it's WoW for the win.
Back to top Go down
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls
Dannato

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 3:53 pm

I've been playing WAR on and off since release At this point its purely a PVP game.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 7:52 pm

I still play this. On the Badlands server for the Destruction side. Unfortunately they aren't offering the endless trial for this server as it is the most populated. I also have some Order toons on Gorfang? I believe. Don't really play these guys much.
Have a casual guild "Children of Lies". And when I say casual, I mean no demands of ventrillo usage or any demands of playing everyday like some do. And yes if you don't conform, they boot you.
With all the changes in the 1.4 patch, the game is way more entertaining than used to be. In Tier 4, which is level 40, you can now play as Skaven in the RvR Lakes. (which is PvP) Superfun!! You can play as a Rat Ogre, Packmaster, Gutter Runner or Warlock Engineer.
The best feature added is they allow you to overcap your renown at level 36. So if you purchase the RvR Pack from EA, you can very easily have your renown 50+ before you hit 40. The RvR Pack also allows you to level your renown from 80 to 100.
If your not familiar with renown, the best way to describe it is "heroic exp". It is only earned in the PvP lakes and earning this allows you to obtain better gear and special abilities.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 9:42 pm

Game sounds pretty fun. If you guys get a group going, consider me in. I have been looking for an mmo to causually play
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime10th February 2011, 9:45 pm

War looks very fun
I agree Wow is fun, but way to addicting, first time i played it i stayed up til 5:30 Am
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime10th February 2011, 11:19 pm

MonkeyMan wrote:
War looks very fun
I agree Wow is fun, but way to addicting, first time i played it i stayed up til 5:30 Am

Funny thing about WoW is that with the Cataclysm Expansion the game plays more like Warhammer Online now. I find that amusing since wow players didn't like WAR when it came out, but since it's release blizzard has been mimicing some things they do in game.
To me it's worth the 14.99 a month and will continue to play it until Old Republic comes out at Christmas later this year or next spring, whichever.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime10th February 2011, 11:43 pm

So are we like going to start a group for this like bdix was saying, because if so im in
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 12:15 am

Does this game have support classes? That's one thing I didnt like about WoW. Sometimes I just like to play a mindless buffing class. Ah, the joys of Everquest.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 12:30 am

nope it's the normal heal/dps/tank structure.

After logging in about 4 months ago I probably wont pay for another month of it again. I dont like what they have done with the game. It actually puts doubts in my mind that the starwars mmo is going to be the same, because mythic is the primary team behind it now and bioware have taken a back seat.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 1:05 am

I could give it a go as a healer...anyone who is playing, just give me a pm or something and I'll come play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WAR - Free play interest?   WAR - Free play interest? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WAR - Free play interest?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next