Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

does anybody play lord of the rings?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

does anybody play lord of the rings? Empty
PostSubject: y is there no lord of the rings posting place thing   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 8:04 am

does anybody know y there is no lord of the rings posting place thing
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 8:41 am

There are two reasons that I can think of. The first being that until bdix started asking about the game there has not been any interest in the game. The second is because no one has asked for it I'd guess. The smaller GW games have always had their own section that people could go to to discuss it however. The Other Miniatures games / Warmachine & Malifaux came about because of the interest in non GW games (and Fulminata asked if we could get the WM forum.)
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 8:50 pm

Does anybody play lord of the rings, if so i would really like to play a game, and i need some advice on picking armies
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 9:09 pm

I'll play you. I have some Rohan
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 9:33 pm

Thanks, i really like lord of the rings, and i have a few hundred(maybe a thousand) dollars invested into the minis, do u know anything abot uruk hai because i have a lot of them(1 set of fighting uruk hai, 1 set of warg riders, and 1 set of uruk hai scouts, and a cave troll but i dont think i can use it with them unless its a isengard troll Razz )
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 10:16 pm

Sell it all on ebay and buy Warmachine and Malifaux.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Dear Management START A LORD OF THE RINGS POST THING!!!   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 10:52 pm

Please start a forum for lord of the rings so i dont have to post everything here Sad
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 10:55 pm

Uruk Hai are supposed to be a pretty good faction in LotR. Overall most of the factions are decently balanced from what I've heard, but Uruk Hai are supposed to be forgiving for people learning the game. It's a reason why one of my two factions is Uruk Hai Razz

What you have should let you play 250 to 500 point games easily, although you might have to proxy your heroes if all you have are rank and file.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 11:01 pm

Management has a hard time hearing spammy caps threads. We shall see if ye Admin Wildeyed hears your pleas.

Thanks,
-mgmt
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 11:05 pm

Thanks for the advice on uruk hai, the y r my favorite lord of the rings guys anyway, and i already have-one set of figting uruk hai, one set of warg riders, and one set of scouts(a few are lost a few are broken Razz ), oh and a cave troll i am going to model into an isenguard troll
What books will i need to pick up(i have the rulebook from the starter set, is there a specific book i need for uruk hai Question )
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 11:19 pm

crap lost my mini rulebook Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime9th September 2010, 11:38 pm

You're eventually going to need to find or replace that rulebook, and you may want to get Legions of Middle-Earth. That's probably it for books. Chris has store copies of both at Castle House which he might let you look at if you ask.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does anybody play lord of the rings?   does anybody play lord of the rings? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

does anybody play lord of the rings?
Page 1 of 1