Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Wide War II Tournament Interest

Go down 
+3
capnwoodrow
Cpt_Tiberius
Wildeyedjester
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

World Wide War II Tournament Interest Empty
PostSubject: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime14th June 2009, 10:27 pm

The hogs of war are considering hosting 'The World Wide War' on September 19th. This is a 1750 point 40k tournament in which scores are compared with other stores throughout the nation. It would be a one day, 3 game tournament. It was created by the crew at 40kradio, and you can read about tournament details there. The tournament would be held September 19th.

The store winner would receive a custom 40kradio wood plaque, engraved with their name. Additional prize support would be dependent on the number of entrants.

The overall Nation wide winner receives $1500 dollars in GW goods, and a Battlefoam Big case customized to his or her army!

The only thing holding us back from proceeding with this, is that at the moment, it requires a minimum of 10 players. Each must bring a fully painted army of 1750. Entrance fee is $25.00.

Would any of you be interested in playing in this? 2 of the Hogs of War would run the tournament, and 3 would probably play. That would mean we would need at least 7 more to commit.

You can check out the World Wide War II here:

http://www.theworldwidewar.com/

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 16th June 2009, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime15th June 2009, 9:51 pm

Folks who are interested and willing to play are:

1. Wildeyedjester - HT
2. Crosseydedjester - HT
3. Monkey - HT
4. Feast Master - Metagames
5. Captain Woodrow (Matt F.) - HT
6. Big Al - HT

We need (4) more minimum! Let us know if you want in on this very unique tournament!

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 25th June 2009, 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime16th June 2009, 7:53 pm

Remember, it only takes three colors to count as fully painted! With three months to go it can happen easily. An air brush or a can of tamiya spray primer will base coat all your minis in about 30 minutes whatever color you need them to be. Paint their weapons black, and skin a color and voila... a painted army.

If you are on the fence about playing because of the painted army thing, don't be! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime17th June 2009, 1:24 pm

I am up for it. Glad to see that there are other 40k Radio fans around.

Edit: After checking my schedule, I realized that I am gone that weekend to Indianapolis to see Metallica Twisted Evil So I will have to bow out...

-T.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime21st June 2009, 9:09 pm

You can sign me up.

Matt f. - HT/will travel (nwa)

I'm 85% sure that I can get my painting done by Sept 9th. All my paints are currently boxed up for the move...hm...
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime25th June 2009, 11:40 am

I'll check around the LR area and see how many ppl are interested in this.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime25th June 2009, 2:45 pm

Sounds great. Just let us know - once we get 10, we will do the pre-registration thing for 40k radio. 10 is the minimum number for them to let us hold one here in NWA.

We only need 4 more to commit at this point and we can make it a for sure thing!
Back to top Go down
Warboss Garfrag
Nurgling on Antibiotics

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime2nd July 2009, 9:01 am

I am one of the LR folks and would be up for this tourney in september.

Ben
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime2nd July 2009, 1:13 pm

Go ahead and go for it. The Moonshine boyz will be there. (4 of us at least)
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime2nd July 2009, 11:34 pm

Excellent, everyone. That puts us over the top on the count, so we will have our resident computer guru work on setting up a registration site. Its something we want to add for future and larger tournament venues and options, too. Once he has that finished up we will do a preregistration, so we can get tickets (these are provided by 40k radio) mailed out to everyone.

Once we have 10 paid, we will order the tickets and tournament pack from 40k radio and forward the materials on to everyone who has registered and paid. We will be able to handle any number of participants once we have the initial pack to a certain point. I am hoping for a larger turn out than 10-12!

Once we have everything figured out and set up, I will turn it over to our capable judge to oversee the tournament and keep the scenarios secret from our group as well.

If 10 folks play the winner will receive the wood and resin 40k radio skull servitor plaque with custom name engraving and $50.00 credit. If we have more players signed up and paid by a cutoff date we will also offer support for best painted, etc. Of course if you win nationally you will get either $1000 or $1500 GW credit as well! Madness!
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime3rd July 2009, 12:09 am

I'm really glad you guys got enough players to enter the tournament. I have even less chance of getting an army painted by then than I did before thanks to an increased work load, but I'm going to try and at least drop by to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime7th July 2009, 3:32 pm

You should just sign up and play! If you can have em done - great.... if not - I doubt we will turn you away Smile
Back to top Go down
wartoy
Nurgling on Antibiotics

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime12th August 2009, 10:52 pm

I can't find the registration page anymore. What happened?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime12th August 2009, 10:59 pm

It is here:
https://thehogsofwar.forumotion.com/events-f1/registration-for-the-world-wide-war-is-now-up-t49.htm

For whatever reason I sometimes have to click it 3 or 4 times to get it to work.
Back to top Go down
wartoy
Nurgling on Antibiotics

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime12th August 2009, 11:49 pm

THanks for the reply...

I got it. You now have 2 more players set up!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Wide War II Tournament Interest   World Wide War II Tournament Interest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Wide War II Tournament Interest
Page 1 of 1