Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1k High Elves list for campaign

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Gib
Wet behind the ears Guardsman Conscript

1k High Elves list for campaign  Empty
PostSubject: 1k High Elves list for campaign    1k High Elves list for campaign  Icon_minitime11th June 2011, 9:50 am

This is the 1k list I am thinking of running for the summer campaign. The first thing I'll tell you is I am very new to fantasy and have been in 40K for the past decade or so, trying to get used to the new play style. I have only played a handful of games and have yet to play a legal HE game, I played one with te HE you get from the game box before I realized it wasn't a legal list. I have also played a couple of skaven battles. One option I chose to forgo in this list is magic. Aside from a dispel scroll I have no magic in this early list. I felt that in a low point game a hard hitting general would be better. Like to get your opinions on that. So here is the list. Please give me your thoughts on it, and as I am new to the game please let me know if any part of the list is illegal.

Prince - Great Weapon, Dragon Armor, Barded Steed, Dispel Scroll
Noble - BSB, Halberd, Shield, Dragon Armor
20 Spearmen - Sentinal, Musician, SB
10 Lothern Sea Guard - Shields, Sea Master, Musician, SB
Repeated Bolt Thrower
5 Dragon Princes of Caledor - Drakemaster, Musician, SB

Total - 997
I plan to put the Noble with the Spearmen and the Prince with the Dragon Princes. I'll use the RBT to harass units that are marching towards me and flank armies with the cavalry and go after their warmachines and missle units. So any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

1k High Elves list for campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k High Elves list for campaign    1k High Elves list for campaign  Icon_minitime11th June 2011, 8:52 pm

Dragon Princes might be overkill at 1k. You can accomplish the same thing with Reavers and probably get a full 10 man unit of them. 5 cavalry models won't negate ranks and Dragon Princes are too expensive to be hunting down war machines.
Back to top Go down

1k High Elves list for campaign
Page 1 of 1