Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Rules

Go down 
+11
bsimon
Monkey
big_d
capnwoodrow
deletethisuser
Wildeyedjester
guyverlord3
Dannato
Fulminata
Fethos
gamewizard
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dannato
Spirit Guide to Lost Souls

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 2:19 pm

Nate, you should run slann with cupped hands just to blow up other characters:)
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 2:38 pm

I'm pretty excited about the changes. From what I have been hearing my Ogres just might have to come out of retirement. I also might have to finish up my Skaven - the Plague Tower Catapault thing is looking really tasty now since you get to measure - I was terrible at guessing range.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 2:44 pm

Lol. Yeah, that is what I thought too. Run the slann with cupped hands, BSB, and the know every spell discipline. That leaves me with enough points to also take a old blood with light armour, the burning blade, and maiming shield.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 3:08 pm

So, after a brief perusal, here's what I've got. I'm focused on army selection, so I wanted to see if ogres would be viable.

Monstrous infantry like ogres get their full complement of attacks when attacking from the 2nd rank.
They only need to be 3 wide for a rank bonus and 6 wide for the horde rule.
They get a special Stomp attack that always strikes last.

Also, breath weapons are one shot only.
Monsters get a Thunderstomp, which is like the Stomp, bit it does d6attacks at the base strength.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 9:50 pm

Monkey wrote:
So, after a brief perusal, here's what I've got. I'm focused on army selection, so I wanted to see if ogres would be viable.

Monstrous infantry like ogres get their full complement of attacks when attacking from the 2nd rank.
They only need to be 3 wide for a rank bonus and 6 wide for the horde rule.
They get a special Stomp attack that always strikes last.

Also, breath weapons are one shot only.
Monsters get a Thunderstomp, which is like the Stomp, bit it does d6attacks at the base strength.

I think most armies are going to be viable under 8th. These changes will bump Ogres up, but I think they will still be considered a mid-tier army. I could be very wrong though. Since no one has really broken the % based lists yet, you could really see a nasty army come out of left field for the big guys.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 10:02 pm

big_d wrote:
I'm pretty excited about the changes. - I was terrible at guessing range.

Amen; brother. That's why I put my little Empire dudes in cold storage. Now they will come out; if they survived the sewer assault.......
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 10:08 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Since no one has really broken the % based lists yet, you could really see a nasty army come out of left field for the big guys.

I've been busy at work!

I'm already considering a Goblin Hero heavy Wolfrider army, but I want to see actual rules on Cavalry and Infantry changes first.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 11:10 pm

At 2500 the Lizards can run 2 slann with 1 engine, a unit of Templars, and a unit of major saurus, as well as another stegadon. What a great fix for Fantasy! Everyone that wanted the break from Herohammer, well, you just got punked!
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 11:18 pm

Just threw a quick Orc and Gobbo list together, and came up with 1 Great Shaman, 2 Warboss, 5 Big Boss, 6 units of 50 Gobbos - stubborn on 8 with reroll- 18 fanatics. Years ago we used the percentage method, and the first thing that players did was get their character allotment. It looks like GW might just be going Old School!
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 11:30 pm

Yeah, it is going to be 5th edition with the ability to fight with multiple ranks. I wouldn't trust fanatics anymore since game boards will have more terrain on them. They won't make it past one turn.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th June 2010, 11:34 pm

I don't know how well the wolf rider army will work in this edition Brent. The new infantry rule says if you lose combat but have more ranks than your opponent your unit is stubborn. You would have to take units of 25 wolf riders to make it work, but you could probably take 8-10 characters in the army.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th June 2010, 8:20 am

didn't the rules also state something about needing 2 ranks of 5 to negate ranks with a flank or rear attack? If that's the case, it makes units of 50 grunts quite inviting. Skaven slaves, Empire Swordsmen, Chaos Marauders, and OH YEAH - Goblins! If you have more ranks than your opponent, you are stubborn, and from what I have seen, you can use your General's leadership within 12" and within 18" if he's on a monster.

I will read more on Friday, but I believe that's what I have seen so far.

Taking away the outnumber bonus, but giving you an even better OUTRANK bonus was the end result. At first glance, it looks like large infantry units combined with mega characters is the soup of the day. Throwing spells around, being able to withstand almost any cavalry charge, Bloodthirster not being able to negate ranks, this should be a great edition.

I'm anxious to see what happens iat the first few tournaments in August and September with Army Comp scores.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th June 2010, 9:00 am

Of note, it looks like you count complete ranks at the end of combat now, not the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th June 2010, 9:29 am

Quote :
Of note, it looks like you count complete ranks at the end of combat now, not the beginning.

Yeah, that could take the bite out of smaller-elite-units like chaos warriors.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th June 2010, 9:37 am

I think that warhammer world is a little dramatic about the lists. Yes, you could take two slanns, but they wouldn't have anything and their average dice pool would be 7 dice. With the having to make sure you get the spell off that means that you are casting between 2-3 spells per turn at max. With the opponent still able to take dispel scrolls magic isn't that frightening anymore. Now, a chaos army with two lords and 5 exalted looks pretty mean. Or the Orc army that has 8-10 characters and a huge dose of goblins looks pretty good too. With the new rules for shooting at war machines and the new line of sight, I think that dwarfs might just be one of the meanest armies out there, especially when they have the capability of an extended charge. JMHO.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime17th June 2010, 9:50 am

Yeah, your right on that count ares. Dwarfs will be on top of the world when the rule book hits. pre-measure shooting, woods don't block line of sight, shooting str 3 weapons against war machines is useless, etc. But, I am still not convinced that Goblins will be a power unit as much as they will be a tar pit. If they ever want to win combat they still have to inflict wounds. You would have to put like 3 characters in their to even the odds.
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th June 2010, 12:44 pm

Fethos wrote:
Bret Pegasus knights will now have to fly in ranks.

Can someone explain to me how in the hell they expect you to get these into ranks? I tried it last night and with wingtips touching the bases are 2"apart.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th June 2010, 12:59 pm

Kragg wrote:
Fethos wrote:
Bret Pegasus knights will now have to fly in ranks.

Can someone explain to me how in the hell they expect you to get these into ranks? I tried it last night and with wingtips touching the bases are 2"apart.

Maybe model for height difference so they aren't wing to wing?
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th June 2010, 2:25 pm

you can only take one dispel scroll now, since it no longer says you can take more than one.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th June 2010, 2:32 pm

Fletch wrote:
you can only take one dispel scroll now, since it no longer says you can take more than one.

They are also arcane items now, IIRC. That means your level four can't take your scroll and an another arcane item.
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th June 2010, 3:07 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Maybe model for height difference so they aren't wing to wing?

I guess, you could, but it would take a pretty good height difference and even then you couldn't get them on calvary bases.
Back to top Go down
Fethos
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
Fethos

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th June 2010, 5:38 pm

Quote :
I guess, you could, but it would take a pretty good height difference and even then you couldn't get them on calvary bases.

Yeah, you will probably have to cut a few of the flying stands down or bend the wings up a little...I am already starting that process on my terradons. Good thing is, they should still be on the 40mm bases, so you won't have to worry about squeezing them onto a calvary base.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rules   New Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Rules
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2