Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

September 4th Island of Blood Release Event

Go down 
+2
bdix
gamewizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Empty
PostSubject: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime11th August 2010, 3:14 pm

On September 4th Castle House Games will be hosting an Island of Blood event. Our event will consist of opening a box set, taking an hour to build either the High Elf or the Skaven pieces that come in the box set (easily done as a lot of the models are one piece) and playing that faction for the day. This consists of a normal three round game that will start with set construction at 10am with the first round of play starting at 11am.

There will be a different requirement than other events at CHG in that I need a $40 pre-commit from each player. We will have a sign up sheet at CHG. At this time I am unable to take payment on our website so I need the prepay in person or by credit/debit card over the phone.

We will have over $150 in prize support available for the event. Prize support will only cover Battle Scores and the Sports score. There will be no comp scores but there will be a prize for best Sportsmanship which will go to the player with the highest Sports score and the lowest Battle score.

Scenarios will be listed on a later thread; I wanted to get this info out.

Schedule:

9am: Pay $40 additional entry fee (total fee is $80) and receive Island of Blood box set. Start putting your faction together.

10am: Round 1

11:30am: 1 hour lunch

12:30pm: Round 2

2pm: Round 3

3:30pm: Award ceremony with prizes passed out. All prizes will be random box sets for Warhammer Fantasy.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in this as there are limited quantities available at this time.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime11th August 2010, 5:50 pm

do we need to find someone to go in with us or are we randomly assigned based on who shows up. Im not sure if what I said just made sense
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime11th August 2010, 11:12 pm

I thought what you did at first, but he is basically saying one entry per boxed set. $40 in advance and $40 the day of.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 12:45 am

So my attempt today at building the Skaven in one hour was not very successful or scientific, which I never have been.

I never said you couldn't get help assembling the models, solo assembly is NOT part of the tournament so help could be requested at times and garnered without a problem from me.

I think we will stick with the idea at present and go with it. If assembly becomes an issue with time then we can use bases for the back rows with minis in the front.

I think it will still work. I was trying to get all the flash off and auger out a barrel or two so my assembly had some issues.

Last edited by gamewizard on 12th August 2010, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 12:49 am

Kragg wrote:
I thought what you did at first, but he is basically saying one entry per boxed set. $40 in advance and $40 the day of.

gamewizard wrote:
9am: Pay $40 additional entry fee (total fee is $80) and receive Island of Blood box set. Start putting your faction together.

Hopefully this will make it more clear.
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 12:53 am

I think it was pretty clear after you read the whole thing. I had it in my mind before I ever read this that I was going to split the box with a friend. (He likes smelly rats) So as I was reading I made my own assumptions based on the first mention of $40.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:09 am

It wasn't clear to Bdix at first, so I tried to clarify the offer.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:19 am

bdix wrote:
do we need to find someone to go in with us or are we randomly assigned based on who shows up. Im not sure if what I said just made sense

In the tournament; there will be some Skaven-on-Skaven action (not a problem fluff-wise) and some High Elf-on-High Elf action (haven't read too much fluff wise but I am sure there have been disagreements leading to conflict even amongst High Elfs) so partnering up on one box isn't a requirement.

If a player wishes to trade one of the factions from the box he buys to someone else so they can increase their collection of just one army I have no issues with that. As a matter of fact, I encourage that myself when new players come in the store to buy Black Reach for 40K. Two buddies each buy a box and trade the mini sprues they don't want back and forth. That way you can get a decent army for $90. Just the two dreadnoughts are $41.25 each.

But we will only play with the actual models from ONE of the factions in the starter.

I probably just confused things even more with this rambling post.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 11:41 am

gamewizard wrote:
So my attempt today at building the Skaven in one hour was not very successful or scientific, which I never have been.

Why not increase the assembly time one hour. The event will still be done by 5pm and provide plenty of time to assemble the models.
Then breaking for lunch might be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 12:41 pm

Verminlord wrote:
gamewizard wrote:

Why not increase the assembly time one hour. The event will still be done by 5pm and provide plenty of time to assemble the models.
Then breaking for lunch might be a good idea.

Ok, two hours for assembly and then a lunch break. I will provide some pizzas and a free soda for folks that want to stay and work on assembly during their lunch break.

After lunch we will start round 1.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 3:56 pm

If anyone is interested in this event, please let me know by August 28th.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Island of Blood starter set event at castle house games   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 10:37 pm

Is anybody going to the Island of Blood starter set event at castle house games, cause i might want to pay half and somebody else pay half and i take high elves and whoever would want to do that would take the skaven, Note that I said MAYBE so its not for sure(on splitting it)
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 11:49 pm

MonkeyMan wrote:
Is anybody going to the Island of Blood starter set event at castle house games, cause i might want to pay half and somebody else pay half and i take high elves and whoever would want to do that would take the skaven, Note that I said MAYBE so its not for sure(on splitting it)

We discussed this at length on the phone the other day, Monkeyman.

This is not how the tournament is going to be set up. There is no "splitting" of the price of the event.

1. You pay $80.

2. You get one Island of Blood starter box.

3. You decide which faction to play and build it within 2 hours.

4. You play that one faction all day long.

5. You take the starter box along with any prize support you get as well.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime14th August 2010, 12:59 am

i know but i meant at the end of the event(after the awards) i would c if anybody wanted to trade the hgh elves from theirs for the skaven from mine Neutral
how many games per round for each person confused
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime14th August 2010, 1:33 am

Also i know its probably no problem but will anybody care if i am new to gaming? If not i will probably have to consult my high elf armybook and my rulebook a lot Neutral
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime16th August 2010, 5:53 pm

If you're having trouble getting interest for this, I know a lot of gamestores are talking about having a trade day for the new set. Everyone gets together and just has an informal swap meet for bits and parts, can half out the new box set if they want, have some pizza and drinks, etc.

Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime23rd August 2010, 4:52 pm

I'm having no trouble at all with interest for this; I am just not posting here in these forums. That's why you haven't seen too much more talk about things from me.

I stopped here for a bit to see how things were. If you want to lock this thread that would be great. The event will be held as scheduled.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime23rd August 2010, 6:12 pm

Ah, I was just going by the whole "we might cancel since there was such a misunderstanding" theme. My mistake.

But since the event is going about as planned, thread closed at the starter's request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 4th Island of Blood Release Event   September 4th Island of Blood Release Event Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 4th Island of Blood Release Event
Page 1 of 1