Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime

Go down 
+6
Kragg
big_d
Sweet E
bdix
Cpt_Tiberius
Wildeyedjester
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Empty
PostSubject: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime8th August 2010, 12:13 am

I am running an apocalypse game event at War Pig.

This will most likely involve 3-5 tables together, with each player bringing up to 5000 points worth of stuff.

Currently this would also involve a three bane blades, a warhound titan, and an ork stompa.

I would be officiating the battle, and running a narrative for those interested, and the event would begin on a Saturday at noon and run until 9 PM.

Details:
Teams would be organized by myself, and each team would have an experienced player as a captain.
Teams would be given a maximum of 15 minutes per phase to keep things moving.
There would be at least one prize - possibly more - for those who played for the duration. These would be earned in game.
The narrative would have twists and teams/individuals would have unique goals.

If you are interested please post below, along with the army you would like to bring. If you have any superheavys, also please mention them here.

Experience is not needed, nor is a personal army.

I have about 5000 points of Traitor Imperial guard and more tanks (read: 20) than you can shake a stick at, that someone could use. First person to claim it can run it.

I have about 2500 points of Tau that someone could make use of that has about 15 crisis suits.

I'm sure Big D will pick an army to play and then he will post more armies for people to choose from, if someone wants to play but doesn't have an army.
[u]

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 12th August 2010, 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime8th August 2010, 12:14 am

Arriving late and leaving early can also work out.

A date has been chosen. See below.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 12th August 2010, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime8th August 2010, 1:06 am

I am interested and would bring marines of some kind. I also have a bane blade that I would love to finally use. Razz
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime8th August 2010, 10:32 pm

5000 points of Tau, I'd definately play
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime11th August 2010, 8:55 pm

I'd like to play as well. I'd like to use your IG if I can. As for a date, I'd like to encourage you to choose a date where there isn't a home Razorback football game.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime11th August 2010, 9:40 pm

Is Sweet E Eric who played Twilight Imperium with us?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:32 pm

Okay gonna run this baby next weekend and kick off the first big event at warping.

This will run Saturday August 21 from noon and end by 9.

It will be on a very strict schedule so we will finish on time! If you are tired of tourneys you should bring your stuff and join us. This will be fun and low stress, and very anti tournament. In apocalypse there is no force organization chart so you field anything.... No proxies of any sort though! Did I mention it's free?

Doors will open at 1145 am.
Stratagem selection and team planning until 1220 (helpful to get armies out and arrayed to drop on the table)
Deployment begins at 1220
Dice will drop by 1240

CPT Tiberius and bdix, can you do next sat?

If anyone else wants in lemme know here, along with points your bringing along with any super heavies

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 14th August 2010, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 10:37 pm

Big d is bringing 3500 points of orcs, also a warhound, bane blade, and stompa
Monkey is bringing 4k of space wolves, and a bane blade
Sweet e (Eric) is bringing 5k of ig
Dan is bringing k of necrons
Bdix is bringing 5k of tau
Cpt Tiberius is bringing 4k of chaos, and a bane blade.

If you don't have an army we have 3k daemons, 3.5 k tau, and 4k chaos someone would be welcome to play.

Anyone else want in?

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 12th August 2010, 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 11:39 pm

I can bring either marines or Chaos marines (i have about 2000 points without the bane blade) or if I can borrow your chaos stuff. Which side needs more help?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime12th August 2010, 11:43 pm

Bring your Chaos stuff if you want! You can add
more for you to control from Big D's Stash to give ya a nice big force.

I am going to try to keep superheavy's spread evenly more so than anything else! You don't want the warhound, stompa and three baneblades all on one side! I will try not to seperate anyone from their superheavy though - with the exception of Big D.... he has too many - so he has to share Smile

Big D can post what he has in the way of chaos here, and then you can work on a combined list to bring you somewhere between 3 and 5 K!

I will have everyone email me their list early next week so I can balance things out.

Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 12:26 am

Im good for next saturday
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 8:23 am

sweet! I haven't played with Chaos marines in awhile.

I'll dig out my stuff and see what I have to work with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 9:44 am

I'm getting excited.

As far as what Chaos stuff I have, I kinda have it all. The only thing I am missing is predators, other than that I have at least one unit of everything in the codex other than the special characters - for special characters I have Huron and Ababdon.
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 2:57 pm

I definitely want to use huron and abbadon. I have a Fabius Bile so that might be fun.

-T.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 6:05 pm

I forgot we had another super heavy - the brass scorpion. It will be a 2nd superheavy for your chaos. Don't bother adding it in to your points total though.

Tiberius, monkey, and big d, I need to know how your superheavy tank is armed. More than 2 sponsons? No sponsons? Some variant other than baneblade, like a shadowsword?
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 6:52 pm

It is a standard bane blade (pg. 104 of the Apocalypse book) it has the 2 standard sponsons.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 9:17 pm

I have no clue how to put together this style of a list...there are a ton of options on army builder and in the book...any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime13th August 2010, 9:20 pm

As much big stuff as you can cram in! Special characters, as many tanks as you can take, and as many crisis suits and broadsides as you can find!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime14th August 2010, 8:20 am

Okay here is how teams will Shake Down:

'Good' -
Bdix and the Tau
Monkey and his Space Wolves
Sweet E and the Guard

Superheavies:
Warhound Titan
Matts Shadowsword tank
(and maybe some Eldar to even things up)

'Evil' -
Cpt Tiberius and Chaos
Dannato and Necrons
Big D and orcs

Superheavies:
stompa
'Chaos' Baneblade
Orkified Shadowsword Tank
Brass Scorpion

As you get your lists created go ahead and post an army builder text summary for me here. I will post the guard text summary later today.
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime14th August 2010, 9:13 am

Wildeyedjester wrote:

This will run Saturday September 21 from noon and end by 9.

Was this meant to be August 21? I have nothing to contribute nor do I know how to play, but I would be interested in watching this.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime14th August 2010, 10:39 am

Yes! My bad it will be next Saturday!

Come in and watch! We can even give you a small number of models to run if you'd like. It's effectively just 40k on a big scale. We would lobe to teach you or just have you hang out!
Back to top Go down
Kragg
Ork Boy without teef
Ork Boy without teef
Kragg

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime14th August 2010, 11:02 am

I actually have some Space Marine / Blood Angels I could bring. Even have a couple tanks (1-Land Raider 2-Rhino) if I can get them re-assembled before then.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime14th August 2010, 2:41 pm

Tanks are the way to go for apocalypse, for sure.

If you would like to play just post a list of what your bringing here. We would love to have you watch or play!
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime14th August 2010, 3:25 pm

Do you have any suits and hammerheads I can borrow for the game? I have tons of both, but I want to run heavy on the two.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime14th August 2010, 3:37 pm

You bet. You are welcome to them.

I have 9 suits with plasma and misslepod
I have 3 with flamer melta
I have 2 leaders (one with cyclonic blaster, and one with plasma misslepod)
I have 2 broadsides
I have 2 Hammerheads
I have 2 transports

I also have that forgeworld pirahna for you at WPGH, and I still need to go look for those broadside bitz packs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime   WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WPGH Jesters Apocalypse Battle for Zerithon Prime
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next