Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apocalypse, Saturday March 17

Go down 
+11
BIg Al
Whirlpool
Trygonz
Wasber
big_d
MonkeyMan
Cpt_Tiberius
capnwoodrow
Haren
bdix
Wildeyedjester
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime7th February 2012, 7:19 pm

WE WILL BEGIN AT 9AM ON SATURDAY, MARCH 17TH.

You need to plan on being at Warpig no later than 8:30 AM if you are playing.

You must have your armies out and upacked ready to place on the table before 9:00 AM. Army placement based on the bidded times will begin at 9:00 Am with the first turn occurring then.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 7th March 2012, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime7th February 2012, 8:21 pm

Blake Dixon 4k of Space Marines and a random Greater Knarloc (I must use this model)
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime7th February 2012, 10:41 pm

Shawn S. over 4k Blood Angels, 2.4k of Necrons
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime7th February 2012, 10:52 pm

Don't really want/have enough to play. I can volunteer for picture & video duty.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime8th February 2012, 12:43 am

There is a meta games tourney on the 17th that I think I'm going to go to
Back to top Go down
Cpt_Tiberius
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Grey Space Marine with the mange
Cpt_Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime8th February 2012, 2:54 am

I'm up for it. I have plenty of marines and a Baneblade
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime8th February 2012, 10:40 pm

I need to get some more necrons and get them assembled and painted, i think i have around 1.5 K right now, so if i pick up some of the other stuff i need i should be able to get to 2- 2.25 K by then
Also i need to play some games with them, have only played two or three

Also what is ruling on special characters?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime8th February 2012, 10:59 pm

Special character are pretty much always allowed in 40k. One power fist or las cannon provides a parity of units. You don't get that in fantasy since there are very few things to kill a character except another character or monster. In short, bring all the special characters you like and may they not be sucked into a vortex grenade or shot to ribbons Wink
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime8th February 2012, 11:00 pm

One other thing. Remember in apocalypse there is no proxy allowed. Of any kind.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime8th February 2012, 11:10 pm

I'm in.

Here is what I have super heavy wise -

Stompa
Nurgle Titan
Looted Ork Shadowsword
'Bullit Express' - Leman Russ with Assault Cannon Sponsons, Punisher Cannon, and the big assault bolters off of a Stormlord tank.

I'm a bit light on Daemons and Chaos Marines at the moment, but I have a gad of Orks, a Yellow Marine army, and a great many IG tanks.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime8th February 2012, 11:16 pm

I will shortly be the proud owner of a custom superheavy. I remembered seeing pictures a year or two ago of a Baneblade variant that was for the Spacemarines. The Blood Angels Sactimonia Cruoris Fellblade. I remembered how cool it was, but that was as far as it ever went. Then I saw this thread and having just heard the latest episode of 40k radio which was talking about The Big Game in LA last month. Remembering that TBG was organized by apoclypse40k.com I decided to go check out their forums and see what was what. *btw it's worth a read of their standing house rules.* When I decided to check out their modeling section I found the entry for the fellblades. Since making Sactimonia Cruoris, the converter has done 3 more for The Imperial Fist, Dark Angels, and the Thousand Sons.

So I've asked Big_D to order a baneblade, and have tracked down the converters ebay store to get the bits I need to do the conversion. I should have everything next weekend and start building this beast up.

PS: Check out http://apoclypse40k.com to see some crazy big stuffs.

PPS: Forgot to post the location for the datasheets for all the fellblades: http://apocalypse40k.com/index.php?/topic/336-fellblade-datasheets/page__st__20
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime8th February 2012, 11:48 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
One other thing. Remember in apocalypse there is no proxy allowed. Of any kind.

So that's a no to my 2-liter Warhound?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime12th February 2012, 12:40 am

Only a part of what I have planned:

http://www.thehogsofwar.com/2012/02/apocalypse-fortress-walls.html
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime12th February 2012, 10:12 pm

Hows this for teams?

Its 4 on 3 at the moment but this is the closest I can come to balancing superheavies and come close to viable alliances.

Others possible:
Monkeyman?
Andy?

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 12th February 2012, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime12th February 2012, 10:20 pm

I'll throw in another 2k orks
Back to top Go down
MonkeyMan
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
MonkeyMan

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2012, 11:53 am

I think I can bring around 2500 pts of necronz, depends on how much i get for my B-day this weekend(well next monday, but sunday we will do actual party and stuff) would it be better to bring ghost ark or doomsday ark, also what should i bring for HQ, definitely wanna bring Imotekh cuz of his Lord of the Storm rule, and i am thinking of bringing Trazyn, or shud i bring overlord instead of trazyn?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2012, 12:12 pm

Doomsday arc would be better in apoc.

I would bring trazyn. Stormlord will be nerfed as only units within 5' of him will be under the affect of his lightning and darkness
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2012, 12:20 pm

MonkeyMan wrote:
I think I can bring around 2500 pts of necronz, depends on how much i get for my B-day this weekend(well next monday, but sunday we will do actual party and stuff) would it be better to bring ghost ark or doomsday ark, also what should i bring for HQ, definitely wanna bring Imotekh cuz of his Lord of the Storm rule, and i am thinking of bringing Trazyn, or shud i bring overlord instead of trazyn?

You're playing Apoc, bring 6 doomsdays.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2012, 12:30 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:

You're playing Apoc, bring 6 doomsdays.

You seriously could and it would be just fine. No force organization charts in apoc.

6 of them might be enough to take out a fortress wall or deshield a titan.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 3:35 pm

I have a bit of a concern about night fighting and Necrons in general. I have been looking around the web and have come up with a list of things that we may want to discuss.

It seems that the Necrons could easily bring enough solar pulses to have 6 turns of night fight. I have been looking for some examples of how this turns out in Apoc games around the net and it seems to be that the constant night fight ends up being a pretty big issue.

Stormlord's lightning wasn't that big of a deal, the benefit from his night fight was far better. The only problem with it was rolling for all the units in range - it ended up slowing the game down a bit. The suggestion was to have everyone get involved rolling for the hits to speed it up.

Another nasty thing was Trazyn taking control of a Titan, but if you let him get that close to something big then that is on you.

There was bitching about scarabs taking down a titan, but Eldar melta gunner guys do the same, so that isn't an issue.

One other thing that popped up was using some kind of token or counter to keep track of which vehicles had lost their quantum shielding - I thought this would be a good idea.

Any ideas on this or am I just being a worry-wart?

Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 3:54 pm

See Game Errata, below, for Clarification

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 16th February 2012, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2012, 4:02 pm

Brilliant.

That should work out nicely - will give Necrons the defensive buff that they need and will keep everything manageable.

Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 12:43 pm

Objectives and Scoring:
Each table will have 6 objectives placed onto them – Three by each team. Objectives are placed after deployment zones are established, but prior to bidding to go first. Objectives will be scored at the END of each teams turn. Objectives must be a minimum of 18” apart and must be a minimum of 18” in from the edge. A team will score 1 point for each objective they control with a troop unit, providing it is NOT contested by ANY enemy unit, at the end of each of their turns.

Example: If a team controls all objectives on all three tables they will score 18 points on their turn.

The points total will be kept throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 12:45 pm

Additional Points:

Fortress Table World.
The walls guard the major center of defense on this jungle world – Pheridan Secundas. The fall of this defensive position would herald the fall of the planet.

This will be two 4x6 tables pushed together to yield a 12x4’ table. The fortress will be deployed at one 4’ end of one table. Each team will then have one full table for deployment. Defenders strategic reserves must enter play in within 6” of the gate of the fortress, be placed in the fortress, or come on from one of their Exposed starting tables edges. Attackers reinforcements may enter from any one of their three Exposed table edges. No strategic reserves will be able to enter play within 12" of an enemy.

A. The fortress will have 2 towers, 2 wall sections and 1 gate section. At the end of the game each section will be worth 2 additional points. The defending team earns two points for each section of the fortress that is intact. Attackers earn two points for each section that is destroyed.
B. Finally, the defender will earn a bonus 3 points if no troop units (non vehicle) have moved into the destroyed gate section. The attacker will earn a 3 bonus if they have moved a troop unit (non vehicle) into the gate rubble.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 16th February 2012, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime16th February 2012, 12:47 pm

Moon World - An ancient Interplanetary Voidstorm missle lies dormant on the surface of this moon. If reactivated and reclaimed, it could provide a key asset in the taking of Pheridan Secundus. The power cells to reactivate the missile lie hidden across the surface.

At the end of each team turn, the team may roll a d6 if they control any terrain pieces with troops. You claim a +1 bonus to the roll for each terrain piece beyond the first you control. Any roll of 7 or more reactivates the missile at the center of the table.

Once the missile is reactivated, the first team to end their turn, and have an HQ at the missile complex will fire the missile. The missile must also not have any enemy units within 3” of it to fire. The missile may choose the city board, or the fortress board, or even the moon board as its target.

The missile will count as a Deathstrike missile but will be a str D weapon. Additionally, the blast counts as twin linked, so scatter dice may be rerolled.

It is possible to activate the missile and fire the missile on the same turn.

The team that activates the missile gains a bonus of 3 points
The team that fires the missle gains a bonus of 1 point.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 16th February 2012, 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse, Saturday March 17   Apocalypse, Saturday March 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse, Saturday March 17
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next