Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Horizon Release Event

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Red Horizon Release Event Empty
PostSubject: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime25th January 2011, 6:34 pm

Alright, this is finally going to happen...

We will be doing Red Horizon as a release event, the date is Friday, March 25th. If everyone can make it by 6:30, we can get the ball rolling no later than 7pm.

Entry fee will be $25 which gets you one Shadow War starter and two Red Horizon boosters. In addition each player will receive at least one copy of an exclusive promo only available by playing in this event.

Tournament will be round robin with at least three 60min rounds.

Last edited by Verminlord on 21st March 2011, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime7th February 2011, 7:52 pm

Weather permitting, this event is still planned as scheduled.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 12:45 pm

I just called my rep at Southern Hobby and he has not seen any product yet. He says he heard a rumor that he might get the kits this week, but he would have to have them in today for us to get them by Friday. He said he would give me a call if the kits come in today.

Even if they did and we ordered them today, traffic has come to a standstill here in NWA due to the heavy snow. Even the police are not able to respond to calls.

It's safe to say that due to the weather hitting the local region the past two weeks that we will have to reschedule this event. I won't be able to have product in. I am doubting at this point whether I will be able to get to the shop Friday.

We need to get some IG flamethrower teams out there to deal with the snow.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 7:42 pm

I never heard back from my rep, so he didn't get the kits in. Regardless of the weather, we'll have to reschedule for a later time.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime9th February 2011, 8:02 pm

gamewizard wrote:
I never heard back from my rep, so he didn't get the kits in. Regardless of the weather, we'll have to reschedule for a later time.

Agreed. I will check with everyone and repost new date. So if there is some time in the near future that will not work, please post, pm or call(if you have my number).
Back to top Go down
JavelinChimera
Grot Squig Herder
JavelinChimera

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime10th February 2011, 3:26 pm

It's all good, I can still make it whenever it happens at this point.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime10th February 2011, 11:28 pm

JavelinChimera wrote:
It's all good, I can still make it whenever it happens at this point.

Gonna wait until I know for sure the product is on its way before I reschedule.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime11th February 2011, 8:25 pm

Verminlord, you need to call Jasco. I got some seriously bad news today.

All kits are gone, we can't hold the event as it was established. Even though Southern Hobbies was approached BY Jasco, Jasco moved all the kits and did not save any for Southern at all. Jasco blames the problem on Southern, Southern says they sent the confirmation email out last Friday. Jasco says they did not get the email in time so they sent all the kits they assigned to Southern to other places.

I can get regular booster packs but I can not get the kit with the prize support.

Let me know what you want to do. If I wait too long I may not be able to get booster packs even.
Back to top Go down
JavelinChimera
Grot Squig Herder
JavelinChimera

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime14th February 2011, 2:29 pm

Yeahhhh, all the Red Horizon stuff sold out fast. Smells like a missed opportunity to me~~
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime14th February 2011, 6:36 pm

JavelinChimera wrote:
Yeahhhh, all the Red Horizon stuff sold out fast. Smells like a missed opportunity to me~~

Talked to Jasco today and 2nd printing is in customs right now and should be arriving at distributers in roughly 2 weeks. We can still get a kit with the 2nd printing, just need to make sure we still have one on the way so I can figure out when to reschedule this event.
Apparently, only one store bought a kit through the supplier Chris uses, and it wasn't us. So somebody was asleep at the wheel on that one. So if we still have one coming, disaster averted, we just need to wait another 2 weeks. Otherwise, we need to come up with a plan B. Either way, Jasco will make sure we get product, it's just a matter of how we procure said product at this point is the only thing in question.
So, do not despair!!! The Red Horizon is upon us!!!

**Also don't forget Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is out tomorrow, 2/15!**

If someone has a smaller hdtv, I might be persuaded to bring my PS3 up to Castlehouse to have a small tournament with this new game. Perhaps with entry fee, say $5, and give UFS packs as prizes.
Just tossing that out there, if there is enough interest, I am definitely game.
Back to top Go down
JavelinChimera
Grot Squig Herder
JavelinChimera

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime14th February 2011, 8:29 pm

Aw man, you don't have to tell me, I probably won't sleep tonight if I can manage to get my hands on it. A tourney would be neat too.

So, any plans for a normal UFS night in the mean time?? I have like 4 decks ready to go for Extended (3 of them not terrible) and it's been a few weeks now o_o
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 1:08 am

Verminlord wrote:
Apparently, only one store bought a kit through the supplier Chris uses, and it wasn't us. So somebody was asleep at the wheel on that one.

I'm not sure who that store was, being as how my rep told me that they were not able to get any kits at all. So either my rep lied to me or whoever told you that they got a kit through my distributor was mistaken.

Either way it all sounds pretty bad to me. I'll keep trying to see what I can do to get the product in. You may have to change to another venue if I can't get the product in the store.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 10:23 am

gamewizard wrote:
Verminlord wrote:
Apparently, only one store bought a kit through the supplier Chris uses, and it wasn't us. So somebody was asleep at the wheel on that one.

I'm not sure who that store was, being as how my rep told me that they were not able to get any kits at all. So either my rep lied to me or whoever told you that they got a kit through my distributor was mistaken.

Either way it all sounds pretty bad to me. I'll keep trying to see what I can do to get the product in. You may have to change to another venue if I can't get the product in the store.

I think he was saying that Jasco told him that Southern Hobbies were only asking for one kit. If that was the case, then Jasco probably noted that and pulled their allotment and shipped it to either Alliance or another distributor that had a larger order request. If this game has a following in other area's like magic does around here, then I could see that.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 7:15 pm

Haren wrote:
I think he was saying that Jasco told him that Southern Hobbies were only asking for one kit.

That is not the case. The ball was dropped on both Jasco's side and Southern Hobby's side. Jasco never notified SH that they had NOT received SH's allotment order until 4:30 PM Friday. At that time, the SH main purchasing rep was gone. First thing Monday morning the SH purchasing rep called Jasco and made the order. Jasco said "Sorry, all gone"

The only reason one store got the kit is because they complained directly to Jasco and Jasco overnighted the kit to them.

This is all sounding very amateurish on Jasco's part. Hopefully the can get their act together soon.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime15th February 2011, 7:22 pm

I did get notification that we will receive some booster boxes and also some limited edition play mats. We will get them when Jasco sends out the product to SH. My rep is checking to see when that will happen.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime21st March 2011, 5:56 pm

Edited first post.

Any questions, feel free to pm me.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime31st March 2011, 12:42 am

This event went great! I had 7 players and after three rounds of kicking and punching, we had a winner!

1st Curtis / Ulrik
2nd Josh / Ulrik
3rd Tyler / Ulrik
4th Jason / Morathi
5th Brian / Ulrik
6th Richard / Morathi
7th Nathan / Sevastion

Red Horizon turned out to be a really good set. So far my favorite card is called "Knee Capper". Great jumping in point for someone looking to pick up a ccg to play.

I plan to be up at TSE most the day on Friday, April 1st. Please feel free to drop by in the evening when we will running our Attack of Power Event. So stop by and ask for a demo of this fast paced ccg.
Back to top Go down
JavelinChimera
Grot Squig Herder
JavelinChimera

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime31st March 2011, 1:02 am

Depending on what's what, I might come chill with you earlier on if that's not a problem. Might even be bringing a friend with me if he gets permission from the wife :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Horizon Release Event   Red Horizon Release Event Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Horizon Release Event
Page 1 of 1