Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Week #6 Scenario - Closed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Week #6 Scenario - Closed Empty
PostSubject: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime30th April 2010, 12:45 pm

Week #6

The Weeks Army Setup: 1350- points. Up to 6 troops, and 2 HQ's (you must have 2 troops and an HQ). Additionally, any army may field up to two choices from each of fast, elite, and heavy slots.

Scenario: Locate the Black Crystal Mine Entrance

The location of the mines given now obtained, Control of them must be established and maintained. The mines lie on the darkened side of the planet, where temperatures drop suddenly and dangerously. The mines must be captured and held for the proper investigation and safe removal of the black stones.

Setup:
This weeks scenario will be played on a 6’ x 4’ table.
The table should be set up with standard terrain covering 2/3 of the table (4’x4 section). The remaining 1/3 (2’x4’) should be covered primarily with craters. The portion with craters represents the portion of Zerithon Prime that is constantly under night conditions. This also together represents the day/night line of Zerithon Prime.
5 objectives are placed on the board, per the process in the main rulebook.

Standard 12” deployment.
Roll off to determine who will choose choose to go first or second. The player that goes first may choose deployment zone.

Special Rules:
1/3 of the board will be played with continual night fight conditions (The portion with craters). Any time a unit is fired at in the night portion of the board, night fight rules must be used for targeting. If the unit is partially on the ‘dark’ side and part in the ‘light’ side of the table, they may be targeted normally.

Additionally, due to sub freezing temperatures, any units moving through, into, or out of the dark portion of the board must make dangerous terrain checks. However, units taking wounds in this manner may take their normal armor saves (This is different from the normal rules for dangerous terrain checks - armor saves are allowed!)

Playing the Game:
Random Game Length +1. The fighting is so intense for these mines, do not start rolling for game end until the end of the 6th turn. Essentially this fight could last for up to 8 turns!

Primary Objective (Win/Loss/Tie):
The player that controls the most objectives at the end of the game with scoring units has won the game.
Secondary Objective: Use Victory Points and report the amount of Victory Points each army earned in the forum.

Last edited by Wildeyedjester on 13th May 2010, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime6th May 2010, 3:33 pm

Okay, so just to make sure, shooting into Dark Half = Night Fighting while Shooting out of it is normal?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime6th May 2010, 8:29 pm

You got it!

Its madness I tell you!
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime6th May 2010, 11:11 pm

I'm determined to ask unnecessary questions for every week of this league.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime9th May 2010, 5:25 pm

PhantomPhoenix (Win) - 898
RetroPengo (Loss) - 542
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime11th May 2010, 7:59 pm

Bdix-340 TIE
Retropengo- 72 TIE

It was the battle of the cowards....I hid in the darkness and shot at him, so he went to the other side of the board and hid behind some buildings...Bottom of 6th came out and grabbed objectives, and the game ended....
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
RetroPengo

PostSubject: Re: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime12th May 2010, 4:12 am

Actual score was Bdix 240 - Retropengo 72. He didn't have the record, I did, and he got a little corn-fuzed. Smile

Damnit Eldar, quit being cowards. Win me some games when 1600 pulls around or you'll feel the wrath of... well... me. Maybe I'll feed you to my 'nids.

haha. I hid behind the buildings turn 2 and let my guardian squad just die as they were parked. zipped out end of turn 6 to nab objectives and pulled out the tie thank goodness.

Don't let Tau park in the dark 1/3. it's mildly unfair. lol
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

PostSubject: Re: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime12th May 2010, 9:01 am

bdix wrote:
Bdix-340 TIE
Retropengo- 72 TIE

It was the battle of the cowards....I hid in the darkness and shot at him, so he went to the other side of the board and hid behind some buildings...Bottom of 6th came out and grabbed objectives, and the game ended....

LOL this is quite humorous Smile
Back to top Go down
abbottj83
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
abbottj83

PostSubject: Re: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime12th May 2010, 9:12 pm

Abbottj83 (Win) - 594
Bdix (Lose) - 1310

A crazy victory; he had over half his army remaining all hiding out in the dark side; and all I had left was a single scout. But that one scoring model was next to an objective and he didn't have any troops left. VICTORY! But a cheap one I'll admit; he pretty much wiped the table with me. Lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week #6 Scenario - Closed   Week #6 Scenario - Closed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Week #6 Scenario - Closed
Page 1 of 1