Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skaven Played

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids

Skaven Played Empty
PostSubject: Skaven Played   Skaven Played Icon_minitime24th April 2010, 11:20 pm

With 3 units of slaves, 3 units of Clan Rats, a unit of Stormvermin, a unit of Poison Wind Globadiers, a unit of Plague Monks, a unit of Senser Bearers, and a unit of Jezzails I got the feeling of the Horde. The army was 209 strong, and was not getting in each other's way! The quick movement made them a formiddable organization, and when the Doomwheel and the Abomination joined the ranks, along with 2 Plague Priests and a Grey seer, the magic was on our side. Leadership was fine with the BSB Chief, and even though the Jabberslyke tried to fry our brains, they were too small to fry!

No, we didn't have anything to deal with a Bloodthirster, but who does? That nasty thing is only in one of the 16 Fantasy armies, and most folks don't touch that one. I admit that I am not a very good player of the horde army, but this one is really fun to play. It is fast, strong, tough, weak, slow, and magic friendly as well as magic cursed! Every time the Seer eats a token it comes up "1" and he takes a wound. Without fail he won't roll a 4+ top save himself. However, the other 5 dice will contain double "6 and the dreaded 13th spell will tear up an enemy unit! Oh well, a little brain on the ground never hurt any rat!

In the first game I played with this army, the Seer died on turn 2, but the army went on well without him. Jabberslykes hate Poison Wind Globes! Jezzails hate everything! I really look forward to learning how to play this army!
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Skaven Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skaven Played   Skaven Played Icon_minitime24th April 2010, 11:26 pm

Glad the Children of the Horned Rat are doing well.

I found an old box of junk in my folks garage (long story) and it had an old 4th ed box of tac marines and the first two WFB boxes I every bought: 2 units of clanrats. Guess it's settled, i'm off on skaven!
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

Skaven Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skaven Played   Skaven Played Icon_minitime24th April 2010, 11:30 pm

You gotta have at least 1 Hell Pit Abdominal ache!
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Skaven Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skaven Played   Skaven Played Icon_minitime24th April 2010, 11:55 pm

I was thinking the doom wheel and the cannon.

Hellpit does sound fun though..make a big trygon skavenoid.
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld

Skaven Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skaven Played   Skaven Played Icon_minitime25th April 2010, 11:10 am

I used a Confrontation fig that we have had at the shop for a couple years that never sees daylight. On Thursday it killed a Steamtank. On Saturday it killed a lot more. Both days it died, and on both days it was turn 6, so coming back as Kharma Rat Swarms meant nothing.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Skaven Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skaven Played   Skaven Played Icon_minitime25th April 2010, 2:58 pm

Skaven are really good this time around. The ratling guns are nothing like they used to be in the last book, so Warpfire Throwers are back in action!
I haven't used the Abomination or the Plagueclaw Catapault yet, but I like everything else so far. Oh, and rat ogres, not sold on them yet either.
Also, the 300+ model armies are still viable, so that is good. Now you can go magic or men and either one works.
At Sooie the Skaven players brought the new toys instead of boys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skaven Played Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skaven Played   Skaven Played Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skaven Played
Page 1 of 1