Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grey Knights?

Go down 
+5
Wildeyedjester
gamewizard
bsimon
nachos
Verminlord
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime4th April 2010, 6:13 pm

I was poking around on Warseer and stumbled upon a thread about the Grey Knights getting thier own codex before the end of the year.
Granted I don't frequent this site alot, but I think there is some substance to this rumour. The first thing was several posters from merry old England confirmed the "disappearance" of Grey Knights models from the shelves of the GW stores over there. Which any long time player/collector can confirm this practice by GW. Second thing is apparently this same guy also confirmed several things about the BA before release as well. Pretty much all that is known is codex is coming out after gamesday, plastic Grey Knight Terminators were confirmed by many different posters, and wait for it.....

STORMRAVEN!!!

yes, apparently the reason this model wasn't out with BA is it will be in the Grey Knights as well. Not one person in this thread debunked any of this, but I am still taking it all in with a grain of salt. The funny thing is I was looking for Necron Rumours when I found this. Since I already own a Daemonhunters force, this was some good news for me to find. If the Grey Knights pan out, the 'Nids will take the back seat for sure. The Grey Knights are without question some of my favorite models.

Any further confirmation from other websites would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
nachos
Eldar with a tramp stamp
nachos

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime4th April 2010, 6:18 pm

Nothing than I can reinforce.

GW reps will not ever speculate about future releases. I do know that the Witch Hunters and Daemonhunters codexes are no longer available. They will be offered as free pdf's on the GW website.

When I asked the GW rep when they would be re-released I was told they would not ever be released again.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime4th April 2010, 6:28 pm

Dark Eldar have been pulled from GW's shelves multiple times.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime4th April 2010, 6:33 pm

nachos wrote:
Nothing than I can reinforce.

GW reps will not ever speculate about future releases. I do know that the Witch Hunters and Daemonhunters codexes are no longer available. They will be offered as free pdf's on the GW website.

When I asked the GW rep when they would be re-released I was told they would not ever be released again.

DOH!

Attribute this to gamewizard; because he can't tell how to see if he is logged on instead of somebody else that uses the same comp.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime4th April 2010, 6:35 pm

bsimon wrote:
Dark Eldar have been pulled from GW's shelves multiple times.

So you are saying that Grey Knights will be returned because the DE have been repeatedly?

I'll pass this word of wisdom on to my rep and see how much he squirms.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime4th April 2010, 6:44 pm

I have a pending blog post on this coming tomorrow. Look for my 2 cents then Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
gamewizard
gamewizard

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime4th April 2010, 10:06 pm

Regarding the "disappearance" of Grey Knight models; I will check tomorrow to see if I can get them.

I am pretty sure I can.

All the speculation will be exactly that; I hold little patience for the rumor mills. There is nothing any member of GW or one of their verified representatives (including CHG as a verified FGLS participating in GW's programs) that is going to say anything definitive.

GW evidently releases many leaks in speculative form.

One very popular site that is a verified test bed for speculation regarding both models and rules is Forge World.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime9th April 2010, 1:16 am

All the "disappearances" are from European stores. From what was said the Sisters and Daemonhunters codexes are available as pdfs now only over there as well.
Typically when I read a rumour thread, it seem like every 3rd post is someone basically saying "you're full of crap". I read the first 8 pages of this thread and not one person has called shenanigans yet.
So at this point I don't doubt that it's going to happen. Most likely a fall release, even possible to be pushed back to early 2011. Someone posted that the next codex for 40k was Dark Eldar, Tomb Kings(fantasy), then Grey Knights or Necrons. Either way that particular thread has those three being the next 40k codexes. We all know that the Necrons are on the horizon, but DE? Really? I didn't think anyone cared about them anymore. I thought that they might be an appendix list in a new Eldar codex or something close to that just so there is still a use for the models. But hey, whatever sells right?
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime9th April 2010, 2:21 am

I think I've discussed it here before, but the DE codex has been rumored to be done for quite some time now and has just been waiting on models. Rumors are rumors, but those have come from some pretty reliable sources.

Grey Knights and Tomb Kings are both pretty solid rumors as well, although that still doesn't make them sure things given how tightly GW holds onto its release schedule now. I'd still say both are better than 50/50 at coming out in the next 12 months.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
RetroPengo
Chaplain and a book full of sermons
RetroPengo

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime9th April 2010, 2:31 am

Oh yeah. cause they TOTALLY waited for the models for Tyranids. Warriors with boneswords anyone? Tervigons? yeah.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime9th April 2010, 4:37 am

Tyranids, despite quite a few rule changes, didn't change too drastically in what they could take. Most kits could already handle the changes relatively well and so all new models weren't necessary. I mean look at Chaos kits (and now Space Wolves to an extent), where are all the Combi-weapons in our kits that virtually every unit can take at least 1 of? Little things like that aren't really the primary focus when it comes to a new release. That said, Dark Eldar and Grey Knights are both armies waist deep in older editions of 40k. Things that worked well then have absolutely no bearing on the game now, Sustained Assault and Slave Snares are great examples. For either of them to be successful releases GW would have to put out quite a few new models (Dark Eldar especially, have you seen some of them goofy bastards?) and preferably in mostly plastic. That alone would be a huge reason that GW might be holding back the Storm Raven, among other things.
Back to top Go down
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime9th April 2010, 9:05 am

OK. then why did tney release shiny new kits for blood angles when current models would have sufficed. GW is playing favorites and they also know what will sell. Of course nids don't sell as well as the newest SM chapter, they are not as popular an army.

Dark eldar wont sell as well. I have a feeling that they will release SOME kits for them. I don't believe they will put the time and effort into an entire new line until the DE start selling.

Also, this is sort of a gamble for them. Which means they will most likely make them slightly more powerful than the other codices so that DE, a fairly unpopular army to start with, will sell more than it would.

I guess we wont know until the codex is out, bur if its as good as I think its gonna be, I hope I will be able to convert my eldar into their fallen cousins. Lol
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime9th April 2010, 9:43 am

Each and every army release will have either a new unit or some models replaced.

For blood angels, the move on the baal and DC was from pewter to plastic. This alone saves GW money in the long run, but also makes people buy product they already had (guilty as charged). Lemartes being redone is an example of a bad model getting redone to make it sell.

DE is different though. DE never sold well, and was a rushed army - as GW has admitted. The models are almost all bad, with only a couple of exceptions. It will be a mostly completely redone product line, or it won't sell. If the army doesn't feel fresh and new all the way from rules to appearance, it will feel the same and will sell about as well as it does now. GW knows this and will do this one proper - I would bet on it.

Look for them to release the new DE army in waves, however. They will get plenty of new sets - more than any other 5e army so far - but they won't all come out at once.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
RetroPengo
RetroPengo

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime9th April 2010, 9:53 am

Excellent points.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime9th April 2010, 12:16 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
DE is different though. DE never sold well, and was a rushed army - as GW has admitted. The models are almost all bad, with only a couple of exceptions. It will be a mostly completely redone product line, or it won't sell. If the army doesn't feel fresh and new all the way from rules to appearance, it will feel the same and will sell about as well as it does now. GW knows this and will do this one proper - I would bet on it.
This is the word that's out there. Don't expect to see any of the old range stay around when they finally get their update.

Also, according to rumor the DE are in a bit of a unique situation at GW. Word is that most of the decision makers wanted to let them go the way of the Squats, but that they have one defender in the form of someone who is both a decision maker and a sculptor (his name escapes me at the moment). Allegedly, the others agreed to an update, but refused to allocate additional sculpting resources to the project, so every single model (or at least the vast majority of them) has to be sculpted by the one guy who wanted to see them stick around, in addition to his other duties. Hence the long wait for finished models.

This was all pieced together by those who are relatively close to the sources, and has no direct confirmation, but is supposedly backed up by some winks and nudges from those involved. The initial rumors of the book being finished came out when there was still a reliable leak at GW, so that part at least has a fairly high likelihood of being true.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
DEATHWATCH CONUNDRUM

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime27th April 2010, 7:13 pm

A new Grey Knight kit would really interest me. I guess we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://thedowisup40k.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Grey Knights? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knights?   Grey Knights? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey Knights?
Page 1 of 1