Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IDM Grey Knights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

IDM  Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: IDM Grey Knights   IDM  Grey Knights Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 7:54 pm

Still have some tweaking to do, but this is pretty much it:

HQ

Lord Kaldor Draigo 275pts
Inquisitor Coteaz 100pts

Troops

Terminators x5 w/Incinerator 205pts
Strike Squad x10 w/Psycannon x2 220pts

Elites

Paladins x5 w/Apothecary, Banner, Stave, Hammer 395pts
Purifiers x10 w/Halberds x7,1 Daemon Hammer, Psycannon and Incinerator 269pts
Inq. Henchman w/Warrior Acolytes x2 w/Plasma and Melta, Servitors x3 with 2 Heavy Bolters/1 Multi-Melta and then 1 Jokaero. 93pts

Fast Attack

Storm Raven w/xtra Armor 220pts

Heavy

Dreadnought w/Assault Cannon and Xtra Armor 140pts

Dedicated Transport

Chimaera w/Xtra Armor 70pts

Leaves me with 13pts.

Taking Draigo makes Paladins troops, taking Coteaz makes the Henchman troops. Using Draigos Grand Strategy I can have the potential to make the Purifiers and the Dreadnought count as troops if needed. In general adds some flexibility to list.
Coteaz and company goes in the Chimaera. They park somewhere and helps keep the Deep Strike stuff in check with his ability and the Strike Squads Warp Quake.

So I would like to sqeeze another Paladin w/Psycannon in there, 75pts, but not sure what to get rid of. I can get ride of the 2 warrior acolytes, theres 28pts, so now I have 41pts freed up. Do I lose the Chimaera or keep it? I could use those points for upgrades would easily give me my points for another Paladin.

At any rate, would like some feedback. I know it's not the typical list that has been mentioned, but this what I have, so I would like to make it work. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

IDM  Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDM Grey Knights   IDM  Grey Knights Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 8:08 pm

Just some FYI you can't make your dreadnoughts scoreing.

Your list seemed a little scattered as far as what went where and so forth.

It seems you may be a little transport light and grey knights mostly still die just like standard MEQ's.

I also don't know if the taking both Draigo and Coteaz is needed. I would just pick one and stick with it.

Just my $0.02
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

IDM  Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDM Grey Knights   IDM  Grey Knights Icon_minitime4th May 2011, 10:51 pm

Grand Strategy says you can. "Roll a d3 and choose that many infantry, jump infantry, monstrous creature or walker units in your army". Dreadknight is a Monstrous Creature while the Dreadnought is a walker unit.

Was considering dropping Coteaz for Crowe to lead my unit of Purifiers and that would free up some points for my sixth Paladin. I will have to admit, Coteaz has pretty much done nothing in the games I have played so far. But then I have been just parking him on an objective to hold down the fort. I just thought his ability would keep infiltrators and deep strikers semi-honest. It was a plan, never said it was a good plan.
This list is definitely more of a "punch you in the mouth" assault army. At least this is the way I have been playing it. Once the Stormraven dumps off the Dreadnought and Purifiers, don't really care what happens to it. Cheaper and more mobile than a Land Raider.
So I should dust the Chimaera and put the Strike Squad in a Rhino then? Rhino would obviously be cheaper. Don't have much experience with transports as bugs didn't really use them and didn't really use them with old dex either. So...
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

IDM  Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDM Grey Knights   IDM  Grey Knights Icon_minitime5th May 2011, 1:31 am

About the scoring thing. Don't shot the messenger as I personally could care less. This is something that will need to be FAQed though.

"The nominated units can claim objectives as if they were Troops."

So if your dreadnought were to count as a 'troop' it still couldn't score. Orks can take dreads as troops with big meks and blood angels can take death company dreads and neither can score.

Again this is a point of contention and needs to be in the first FAQ.

I would just contact the TO if this is a strategy your going to try to make sure it will be allowed. Better to find out first instead of game 3 in an event.
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

IDM  Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDM Grey Knights   IDM  Grey Knights Icon_minitime5th May 2011, 3:52 pm

Gotcha. But not exactly hinging on my Dreadnought to be a scoring unit. If that is what I am depending on, then I have bigger issues. Just an option. If I have to try and cover 5 objectives with 41 models is the only time it should even come up.

So did any of my changes make sense?
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

IDM  Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDM Grey Knights   IDM  Grey Knights Icon_minitime5th May 2011, 9:55 pm

So I looked things over and decided to drop Coteaz, henchman, and the Chimaera.

I then added a Nemesis Dreadknight and Rhino(which I will need to purchase), dropping my model count to 35.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IDM  Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: IDM Grey Knights   IDM  Grey Knights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IDM Grey Knights
Page 1 of 1