Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daemon Mono god - Khorne

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Empty
PostSubject: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime11th March 2013, 10:30 pm

Last week I picked up both the Fantasy & 40k Daemon books and after a week of thumbing though the 40k book Khorne is calling to me. After looking at the book and debating on what I want to build out I have come down to a mono god build for Khorne (though I am still thinking about a Khorne / Nurgle or Khorne / Slaanesh build.)

Without further a do, here is the list I'm looking at:

HQ:

Bloodthirster (1 lesser (0), 2 greater) - 300 pts

3x Herald of Khorne (Greater Locus) - 75 pts - 225 pts

Herald of Khorne (Greater Locus, Juggernaut) - 120 pts

Elite:

Blood Crushers x3 (Icon, Banner) - 155 pts

Troops:
4x Bloodletters x15 (3xIcon) - 630 pts

Fast:

Flesh Hounds x10 - 160 pts

Heavy:

Soul Grinder (Daemon of Khorne) - 135 pts

Skull Cannon - 125 pts

1850/1850

Notes from during list building:

I'm not married to the crushers, I just love the models and that their a solid hammer unit for a mono build. Kinda want to take 5 solid, but at 45 pts it's expensive

I'm putting the hounds in to be back line harassers.

Grinder & SC are the only reliable anti armor & flier in the dex so both are kinda no brainers.

60 letters seems a little low in this list considering that 6x20 is 1200 points Razz

wow my hq is huge (645 points)

Anyway, thoughts and comments are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sweet E
Mordheim Master Bat(tl)er
Sweet E

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime11th March 2013, 11:45 pm

I dig it man. I played Monkey on Friday night and we both had some Khorne in our lists and it was effective each way. It has been calling to me ever since and I'm in process on building a heavy Khorne list.

Here's my thoughts:

Bloodthirster - He's THE man amongst men. Matt had him and rolled for +4 FNP and re-roll invuls. I could not kill that in a million years. All I did was attempt to slow down how much stuff he killed. A must have in the Khorne themed army.

4 Heralds of Khorne - I see what you are going for here and approve, but I think you have to have Skulltaker on a Juggernaut. He won't just tear through the opposing army, but he's pretty scary being Eternal Warrior and having a weapon that can cause Instant Death. I ran him the other day and him + 5 flesh hounds ate two units.

Bloodcrushers - Gotta scrap them man. They are over costed for what they provide. If you want some, models just put Skulltakers and a Herald on them to attach to flesh hounds.

Bloodletters - Obvious choice hear. My only thought would be to run them with less Icon's.

Flesh Hounds - I don't think everyone has figured out how nasty these are yet. I say run two units of ten. They confer a 12" scout move to Skulltaker and your Herald. That's nasty as is comes on the cheap. You can't charge first turn, but you won't miss out on a second turn charge.

Soul Grinder - These things are ridiculous. CSM just hang their head in shame. The defilier isn't fit to be the water boy for the soul grinder. In two daemon games, I've seen tremendous rescources put into having to kill these things. Plus they have skyfire and can be upgraded with an ordanance. Booooooom....... run two of them.

Skull Cannon - I haven't had one of these on the table yet, but I can't see it touching what the soul grinder brings. Seeing it in action may prove me wrong though.

All in all, I think you have a very functional list. It might be lacking in flyer defense, but I'm still of the opinion that you can just ignore them and do fine if you plan on it. If you kill everything on the ground, you'll win.

I'll try and get my list up later this week. I'm wanting to head more of a flying circus route, but it hasn't all came together yet.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime12th March 2013, 6:03 pm

I'd drop the crushers and one herald. Add another SG and put in Skulltaker for the Jugg herald. Drop the cannon. It's ugly, and the SG kicks the crap out of it. One fewer icon.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime13th March 2013, 12:38 am

It seems I should drop the crushers (sob) but yea the second grinder seems worth it.

The main reason I went cannon is the same reason i'd be bringing a vendy in a marine list atm. IG Blob & Orc Blob. With MEQ having difficulty in the national meta, and most MEQ taking ally IG to bring 30+ guardsmen it's hard to say no to pie plates. The grinder is a better choice for the flyer portion of the meta (read Mr-I-Do-What-I-Want Helldrake, and Necron flier,) and if you want to not be fluffy I guess the Vomit blast is better. I want to give it a play before i commit to scraping it.

Finally, Skulltaker.... I guess I need to look at him again. I kinda wasn't looking at named characters because I do want to bring this army over to fantasy also (though I think it may be way short on points for fantasy.)

I'll take a look at the points tomorrow after class and post up a revised list.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime13th March 2013, 9:08 am

I'm on Spring Break next week, so let me know when you want to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime13th March 2013, 1:38 pm

HQ:

Bloodthirster (1 lesser (0), 2 greater) - 300 pts

3x Herald of Khorne (Greater Locus) - 75 pts - 225 pts

Skulltaker (Juggernaut) - 145 pts

Elite:

Troops:

3x Bloodletters x20 (2xIcon) or 4x15 - 620 pts

Fast:

Flesh Hounds x10 - 160 pts

Heavy:

Skull Cannon - 125 pts

1845/1850
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime13th March 2013, 3:50 pm

It looks solid. I'd go with the 4X15 on the Bloodletters to give you more avenues of attack.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime13th March 2013, 7:46 pm

4x15 bloodletters.

/vomit.

Remember when you just had to kill like 18 fiends and 24 horrors?
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime14th March 2013, 10:48 am

Least it's not 6x20 plaguebearers or 4x15 daemonettes (though to be honest that I am thinking about a slaanesh build close to this list)
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime14th March 2013, 5:29 pm

Don't say that about the Plaguebringers too loudly, I hear someone's already plotting an all Plaguebringer army.
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daemon Mono god - Khorne    Daemon Mono god - Khorne  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daemon Mono god - Khorne
Page 1 of 1