Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaos Daemon Assitance

Go down 
+5
littleboyblues
big_d
bsimon
Monkey
PhantomPhoenix
9 posters
AuthorMessage
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

Chaos Daemon Assitance Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime27th August 2009, 10:02 pm

So, I'm starting to gather my Daemon Army since my CSM list is pretty solid. I currently have a Bloodthirster, 10 Bloodletters, and my Daemon Prince. From what. I've read I have concluded that I want to get Plaguebearers, Screamers, and some Fiends of Slaanesh. In all honesty a few of the things these evil little bastards can do confuse the hell out of me, so any tips or tricks you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime27th August 2009, 11:03 pm

Fiends are sob's. Most of the people that I've seen run a fiend heavy army run them with horrors because they are a fairly cheap troop choice and you want to spam fiends for them to be effective.
With regards to tricks:
1. Use the plaguebearers to sit on objectives or as speed bumps. You also need to get them in cover because there are a lot of template weapons that scoff at a high toughness and negate FNP.
2. Fiends should simply rush forward and begin murdering. Your opponent has to dump everything into them because them have a ridiculous number of attacks for popping armour or dismembering troops.
3. The screamers will be a nice complement for the fiends against mech armies, but they'll be all but useless against horde. They are fast though, so they can hit units that hang back.
That's my 2 cents. Bsimon and Big d would be good resources as both of them run armies similar to this.

Later,
Monkey
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 7:19 am

If you're starting from scratch and want maximum effectiveness, Fiends, Plaguebearers, and Flesh Hounds is the way to go. You will never reliably kill Land Raiders (Demon Princes aren't reliable enough and a Bloodthirster dies too easily). Stay away from Soul Grinders.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 9:19 am

I agree with Bsimon. Fiends are just too awesome not to take.

As far as troops go I have found Bloodletters to be too fragile. They murder any unit of troops they hit but the rise of mech that isn't as often as you would like. Bloodletters die like crazy to small arms fire. I had to run a unit of 15 of them to even THINK about having enough left to do anything by the time I popped a vehicle.

I have ran Plaguebearers before but they are pretty much a one trick pony - objective holder. Granted they do that one trick very nicely. Every time I charged something with them or had them charge they just failed to perform.

What I take for my troops currently is small units of Pink Horros with one model upgraded with the Bolt of Tzeentch. This gives the unit a little bit of Anti Tank (though I never have it work) and they can dump out a good amount of shooting - something Daemons hurt for. This unit also has a 4+ inv save so they are a lot tougher than their T3 with a low model count makes them seem.

You also said you have a Bloodthirster. Man I love my Bloodthirster.

Looks like you have a good start. There are several ways to play Daemons and once you get em figured out they are a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 11:33 am

Thanks for the tips. I too have found my letters to fail to perform due to getting shot up(and I thought zerkers had trouble getting into assault) but I really like the way they work when they get there so I want to at least get use out of them for now. I do really like the horrors, 3 shots each is pretty brutal. As for the fiends, I really want to run them, even before I heard their praise, but the models are so expensive, any suggestions on a way to amass a few without selling my soul?
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 11:37 am

Tide of Spawn box gives you 10 for $90, and 10 Chaos Marines you should be able to trade off easily.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 12:21 pm

Where could I get a hold of one of those boxes? I can't find it on the GW site, is it still available to order? And as to the CSM I can always just convert them into more PM for my other army.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 1:14 pm

I bought the last one from HobbyTown. You might check with any of the sites in town.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 1:23 pm

The spawn would work nicely as Fiends. They even come with the rite sized base.

Another thing you can do is convert them up. I made mine out of a box of Goblin Spider Riders and a box of Daemonettes - link to blog post

I was originally going to use Dark Elf Cold ones and do the same thing but I found the box of Spider Riders first.
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 2:58 pm

the demon second wave isn't too far off. Plastic Demon Prince, Plastic seekers of slanessh, and plastic Plauge Bearers/nurglings. Hell yea!
Back to top Go down
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 3:06 pm

I'd heard about wave two, but not too far off seems to range from a month to 2 years currently, so I don't have a clue how long to wait. I'm working on some ideas on how to convert some Fiends. I've found some pretty cool stuff on the net but most cost almost as much as buying the fiends flat out so I'll have to keep searching. I'm wanting to try and make it look like the drawing they've got for WAR.

Chaos Daemon Assitance 69612

My thought is I could buy the nettes then break 'em all to pieces and apply GS liberally, but I'll have to see. Hmm... seems this has shifted from the original what to buy for a good Daemon army into, how to convert a Fiend... Oops, my bad.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 4:22 pm

It's your thread - feel free to wang it.

I dug around and found some of these:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/demon/latest/03056

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/demon/latest/02633

Now..they are reaper minis, but it's a good start.

These are hot - http://www.heresyminiatures.com/hv016.htm
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime28th August 2009, 4:57 pm

I like the Lurker models. They would look like some fiends with a little green stuff or just some bits added to them.
Back to top Go down
Fulminata
Interrogator
Fulminata

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime29th August 2009, 8:14 am

bsimon wrote:
Tide of Spawn box gives you 10 for $90, and 10 Chaos Marines you should be able to trade off easily.
This was one of the Apocalypse box sets that were limited run. Stores tended not to order too many of these in the first place, so finding one now is probably going to be pretty difficult.
Back to top Go down
http://postgeek.blogspot.com
PhantomPhoenix
PhantomPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime29th August 2009, 9:43 pm

Now that we've got the fiend issue relatively solved, I was wondering about chariots. The way it's worded in the book confuses me. By losing the Independent Character rule does that mean that the herald must be in a unit or simply that it can't join and leave them any more?
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur
Lesser Daemon with visions of grandeur

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime29th August 2009, 9:59 pm

basically means you can never join units with them and lose all the other rules IC gives
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Daemon Assitance   Chaos Daemon Assitance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Daemon Assitance
Page 1 of 1