Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Khorne 2000 list

Go down 
+6
Wildeyedjester
big_d
Monkey
bsimon
Verminlord
Turducken
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Turducken
Tyranid Warrior with Arthritis
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 7:54 pm

Tommorow or saturday I will be stopping by my FLGS for the supplies I need to finally start my Khorne army. Heres my shopping list.

Battleforce x1
Terminator Lord x1
Terminators x2
Possesed x2 (Oh, the bitzy goodness )
Rhino x3
Defiler x1
Land Raider X1
Khorne Berzerkers x3
However many Black templar sprues I need.

That's a total of 44 Berzerkers. I plan on running 3 squads in rhinos. Plus a lord (no termie armor, he's just for fun) with wings, lightning claws, and mark of Khorne. The other squad will go in the land raider. That is, when I'm not running the terminators. I know they are not the best unit choice, but I love 'em anyway.

And yes, there are obliterators in my foreseeable future.

Obviously I'm not going to buy this all at once.
I plan on starting my army with either 2 squads of berzerkers and an HQ, or, just going straight for the BF. Which do you suggest?

Here is my 2000 list as well.

I was hoping it would go something like this...

Hq

Chaos Lord-150
Wings, Pair of Lightning claws, Mark of Khorne

Elites

Chaos Terminators - 200 Pts (5 Models)
Chainfist, Power Fist, Heavy Flamer, 4 Combi-Flamers
Dedicated Transport
Land Raider - 220 Pts

Troops

10 Khorne Berzerkers- 285
Skull Champion
Powerfist
Rhino
Combi-Melta

10 Khorne Bezerkers- 285
Skull Champion
Powerfist
Rhino
Combi-Melta

10 Khorne Bezerkers-285
Skull Champion
Powerfist
Rhino
Combi-Melta

9 khorne Bezerkers - 224
Skull Champion
Power Weapon
Lord in with these guys
Rhino
Combi-Melta

Heavy Support

Defiler-150

Obliterators- 150
------------------------------

This is a very rough list, and it should come in around 2000 points. C&C welcome, and indeed, encouraged!
Back to top Go down
Verminlord
Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Verminlord

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 8:04 pm

Battleforce, should give some variety while playing smaller games and help decide each units role better.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 8:07 pm

Hey, that's a great idea. My onlt concern is, I will use all the pieces in that box... except the CSM, at least once I get enough points. I just don't have any use for them other than bitz... I suppose I could convert them into berzerkers...
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 8:15 pm

They mix nicely with Berserkers to break up the look.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 8:22 pm

I suppose... but are you sure they will pass as zerkers? I'm not doudbting you, I'm just nervous about the aesthetic aspect of my army. I do greatly appreciate your advice, though.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 9:38 pm

Ask Nathan Thrapp. I did some for him iirc.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 9:52 pm

I would also suggest keeping a few. I run an assault heavy army, and it's particularly annoying when your snarling machines o' death have to hang back in order to hold objectives. A cheap unit of regular CSM doesn't feel like quite so much of a waste.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 10:22 pm

That makes sense. I guess I will use them. I think I may just be itching to start building my smashing machines o' doom. Smile

So, codex and battleforce, for a start. Sounds solid? Or are there other reccomendations?
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 11:11 pm

The Battleforce is a great deal if you are starting up a Berzerker force. It comes with some zerkers and regular CSM troops. I play CSM and I have quite a few Berzerkers. I have mixed and matched to make up some extra zerkers and they fit in really well. I just swapped out a few heads and torsos and then painted them all the same red scheme and they all look coherent and you can tell they are berzerkers.

I see quite a few people being very concerned about wysiwyg. I have yet to really see anyone really have an issue with it. By just painting the models the same color ties them together. One thing that this helps with is being able to tell the different units apart in combat. If one unit has all pokey helmtes and one unit has all smooth helmets you can tell which model belongs to which unit with just a glance. This is a real helper when playing a close combat army.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime30th July 2009, 11:24 pm

Thanks guys! So I just give some regular csm bolt pistols and chainswords, and paint theme all berzerker-y?

I will probably make a squad of 10 regular csm, then convert the other 5 you get into berzerkers.

I was thinking about that whole deal with telling units apart when in CC. What if I give each squad a theme? Like one squad will have flames on their helmets, one will have checkerboard, etc. It will add character to the army, and distinguish squads. It might also help if I model a squad specific champion.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 12:15 am

I would for sure mix in some regular marines. Just make them khorne marines and not bezerkers if you want to keep your theme.

It will help you get more bang for your buck while you build, and chances are you will want the variety down the road. If you want to make them bezerkers to you could probably incorporate some toothpicks ends into the models to make them spiky! A very easily obtainable bit!

When you buy, I would pick up a pack of greenstuff too. I wouldn't play chaos without it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 12:28 am

Green stuff is go, got it!

And as for mixing in some regular marines, do you mean mix them into my list, or my zerker squads? Because regular marines fighting with zerkers in cc would fit in with my fluff, but I'm not quite sure what you mean. I apologize for the confusion.

And I do like that toothpick idea. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 12:48 am

No worries. Sometimes I confuse myself.

If it was me I would build squads of bezerkers where I could to keep the squad look uniform - I wouldnt mix in regulars. Then I would take the regular marines and all convert them in the same way (like with toothpicks) and paint them red so that I could use them as regular marines or more khorne bezerkers if the mood struck me.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 12:55 am

Ahhhhhh, that makes sense. I like that idea. Thank you Jester, many times over.

Now the question arises how to do this... Give them boltguns and chainswords? I figure as long as they have a chainweapon they count as berzerkers, but if they don't have bolters...
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 1:12 am

And the beauty of Chaos marines is that they come standard with bolters, chainswords, and bolt pistols giving you a lot of modeling freedom.

I can't remember if Khorne Berzerkers have bolters? I am guessing they probably don't. Probably just chainswords and pistols.

Again, if it was me, I would probably make my standard marines holding their boltguns one handed, holding pistols, heads, or wielding fantasy swords, axes, etc. Then if I wanted them standard marines they could easily be that, or if I said they were bezerkers they would look like them too.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 1:15 am

Thanks jester. I really appreciate all your help. If I put your plan into action, this will net me over 20 berzerkers. About half of what I need for my 2000 point list! This will save me not only time, but money.

Thank you one aand all for your help, but I'm calling it a night. Smile
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 11:07 am

Oooooooh, goody goody! I'm so excited! I'm going to pick my stuff up today.!

Now that my bout with childishness is over, I would like to thank all of you. You guys really helped me start off on the right foot.

Thanks!
Jake
jocolor
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 3:15 pm

Let me know if you need anything in the way of bitz. I'll see what I have.

I'm in the process of breaking my boxes down into bitz kits, so i'm surprising myself with what I have lying around.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 3:34 pm

Thanks! I don't think I will need anything, but you never know.

And I envy you. I always wanted to have a massive bitz box. I guess it will come in time. Wink

One more quick question. How should I outfit a sit and shoot squad of CSM? Flamers and meltas are out, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 3:46 pm

In the current environment I put a melta in everything I have points for. Flamers are good choices too, if anything gets to your marines or if you end up playing Kill Points and need to take the hurting to the enemy even with your sit and duck squad!

With my sit and shoot BA I put a 5 man squad in a rhino (w/ lascannon or H Bolter). If I have points I toss a meltagun on em.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 3:54 pm

Meltas are never a bad idea. Especially since CSM can take 2 meltaguns in a squad. Add that to the fact that vanilla CSMs get the CC weapon and pistols you can really make an encroaching marine squad hurt if they fall short and you get a countercharge against them.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime31st July 2009, 4:09 pm

Alright, so a melta gun, possibly 2.

I was thinking, since most of my anti-infantry will be coming in the form of berzerkers, will I need a gun in my squad that can reach out and touch infantry?

And about possesed. I read the post on the blog about possesed only being good for conversions. So, should I just make berzerkers out of the possesed bodies, as well?
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:01 am

The great thing about Chaos Space Marines is that you have a lot of flexibility when it comes time to put stuff on the table. While I wouldn't field a whole unit of possessed you can use them as unit champions or you can mix the bits up with regular guys of Berzerkers for a unique looking unit or you can even call them chosen. These units can fill double duty in that if you model them up right they can be berzerkers, possessed (if for some reason you want to field them), or chosen. I have even modelled up sorcerors and chaos lords out of the possessed bits. You can even make two raptors out of the box by just using the winged backpacks.

Just go crazy with it. It's Chaos. There really isn't a wrong way to model stuff up as long as you can explain to someone what it is and they not be (really) confused by it.
Back to top Go down
Turducken
Turducken

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:04 am

I figured on making a chaos lord with wings out of the box. Raptors would be awesome too! Wow, There are so many units I want to field now.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime1st August 2009, 12:58 am

Drop the oblits! Their amazing if you have synergy with them and even then only in groups of 3. Plus (fluff wise) I don't think berserkers have the mental restraint to negotiate/bribe the oblits into fighting for them without just charging the oblits out of sheer principal. + it takes away from the khorne die die die feel. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Khorne 2000 list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khorne 2000 list   Khorne 2000 list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Khorne 2000 list
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next