Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1750 pt orks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gara101
Gimp Suit Wearing Dark Eldar
gara101

1750 pt orks Empty
PostSubject: 1750 pt orks   1750 pt orks Icon_minitime9th September 2012, 9:57 am

any comments for a 1750 list
warboss-eavy armor cybork body kombi skrocha powe klaw
big mek with burna
12 ard boys in a truck with a nob with power klaw
deff dread with 2 skorchas
3 meganobs 2 kombi skorchas
15 burnas
14burnas
14 burnas
2 dakka jets with ectra shoota and fighta ace
3 battle wagons
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

1750 pt orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt orks   1750 pt orks Icon_minitime9th September 2012, 11:23 am

It looks like you'll have a hard time in objectives due to the no scoring units.

Don't forget that power weapons are AP3 now, so you'll have a hard time cutting through elites.

Also with 3 unit of burnas are the meganobs just walking?
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

1750 pt orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt orks   1750 pt orks Icon_minitime9th September 2012, 12:35 pm

I have never seen a Deff Dread do anything special. Anything I play agaisnt one, I let it come across the board, while dealing with everything else, then kill it right before it gets to me. Plus, aren't hull points worse for it now too?

If you are running it because it's a freaking sweet model, then by all means....
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

1750 pt orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt orks   1750 pt orks Icon_minitime10th September 2012, 11:08 am

Actually that many burnas won't have a problem cutting through elites. If you can get the vehicle up on them it is something like 60 wounds from all the burna templates if you can catch them even a bit bunched up. The days of one or two burna boys in a unit charging in using it as a PW are over, but massed Burninating is still stout.

Only two units of troops isn't as bad of a deal as it was in 5th as you will sometimes get heavy/fast but this list doesn't have any fast. Also, the 'ard boys will die pretty much as easily as regular boys, usually better off taking more boys instead of the extra armor - especially now that fearless is better.

I would drop the Deff Dread - you really have enough burnas - and look at upping the amount of boys/mega nobz you have.

Other than that it looks like a fun list with lots of damage potential. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Komosunder
Squig with flatulence
Komosunder

1750 pt orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt orks   1750 pt orks Icon_minitime11th September 2012, 9:15 am

last weekend i saw orks used in two very different but effective ways. the first was by Benton English out of st.roberts; he was rolling the nob bike deathstar, these guys have some new life in 6th ed. packed in with a green tide and tau allies, he won the main event.
the second was just what you are doing here. burnas in battle wagons. Joey Addison pulled this in the team games and took first. you cant assault the battle wagon, or at least not unless you want to take 15D3 hits. then the mass death from the def rolla and the stack of templets takes care of the rest. this was nasty.

i like the mega nobs, they were always great just slow. now there just great, but you may have a problem delivering them. i would agree on dropping the dread as well; he doesn't fit the list very well. also, i dont know what i think about trucks anymore, but i havent seen them in action to really give any critical advice on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TOMAHAWC.com
gara101
gara101

1750 pt orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt orks   1750 pt orks Icon_minitime9th December 2012, 1:11 am

i was using this ork list in a league and i actually came in second place it ended up being mostly annihilation and so my list killed the burnas murdered everything in their path as expected over all the list worked but i didnt take it to like a gt it was more like a for fun league
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1750 pt orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt orks   1750 pt orks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 pt orks
Page 1 of 1