Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teach the Newbie 40K

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JDScherrey
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
JDScherrey

Teach the Newbie 40K Empty
PostSubject: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime15th January 2010, 3:43 pm

I have sort of went about this whole process backwards. I really enjoy the 40K models so I have collected, traded and horded together a collection of Orks. Now my Orks are painted and I'm ready for battle.

That is all well and good if I really knew how to play. I have 'fiddled' with the game recently but not really played a solid game.

So I would like to schedule a learning game or games in the near future. The near future being the 20th & 21st of January 2010 if anyone is interested in 'teaching' and 'mentoring' a new 40K player.

(Background)

I used to play ages ago...back in the early 90's. Got out of it and have forgotten what little I knew that I'm sure no longer even applies anyway. In my defense, I'm a military guy and there were several wars between now and then so I played the real life version of 40K. I'm an older guy (38) and would like to become a more active player.

Thanks,
Christopher
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
Castle House Games Manager
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime15th January 2010, 6:26 pm

Ok, first off; "38" is not an older guy. I've got ten years on you and I am still in kindergarten.

Nachos said he could play a game of 40K on the 20th if you want. He works on the 21st at CHG so that would not be a good evening.

He has an IG army and has played against Orks on several occasions so I am sure he could give you some pointers.

Send nachos a PM if you want to play at CHG.

From one Veteran to another: Thanks for your service to the country.
Back to top Go down
http://castlehousegames.com
JDScherrey
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
JDScherrey

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime19th January 2010, 9:58 am

20th is great. I sent him a pm but it took me awhile to get back online. My other computer crashed. Just need a time.

-Christopher
Back to top Go down
JDScherrey
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
JDScherrey

PostSubject: Warhammer 40k Orks vs ?   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime21st January 2010, 2:05 am

Got a game arranged for Monday the 25th with Nachos. Still looking for other players out there that would be interested in teaching the new guy some 40K! I know there have to be a few more of you out there with wisdom to share with a new player!

Christopher
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime22nd January 2010, 1:14 am

A lot of the other veteran players play at T-Shirt Explosion in Springdale; send a PM to Warhammerworld if you want to drive up there to play. It's not too far off I-540 on the Elm Springs Road exit. After you get off the highway merge to the right and head East on Elm Springs Road. They are on the left on the corner just as the road starts to curve to the right.

A lot of other folks besides Nachos play at CHG; PhantomPhoenix is one of the better players, so is Monkey. Monkey might be a little hard to connect with since I believe he is rather busy through the week but give him a PM. You never know.

I suck at the game; won the first game I ever played at TSE by luck only. I can play a game if I ever get my Ultra Marines more than slightly finished. Which might be never unless I stop getting new projects going.

BigJewMike and I are both beginners so if you want to whup up on us just let either of us know.

Mike is a big Jew, though so he might pull your arms off unless you let the Jew win.
Back to top Go down
Bigjewmike
Space Marine Scout lost in the woods
Bigjewmike

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime23rd January 2010, 7:03 pm

Chris, I'm gonna rip your arms off.
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime24th January 2010, 2:23 pm

Just so long as you leave me my right arm so I can still render the Fascist salute...... Teach the Newbie 40K Affraid
Back to top Go down
JDScherrey
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
JDScherrey

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime27th January 2010, 7:32 am

Nachos,

I would like to reschedule a game and maybe make it later in the day. I work WED and THUR night but off for the weekend. Unfortunately it is the fantasy weekend so maybe after that? Let me know if there is a good time.

Didn't get down to the store yesterday because of my kids. But would like to get down there and just start playing!

-Christopher
Back to top Go down
gamewizard
gamewizard

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime27th January 2010, 1:55 pm

Just to let you know; this coming weekend and the two following won't be good to try a game.

This coming weekend is Worldwake prerelease (80 or so people expected) and the next weekend is the release for Worldwake (60 or so expected). Saturday February 13th is the next CHG Warhammer 40K event but Sunday the 14th would be fine.

On the two Magic events we had to use the Warhammer tables as overflow.
Back to top Go down
bdix
Leering Pear Daemon Thing of Nurgle
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 1:42 am

fun game, I think we both learned quite a bit today. Maybe we can get more people to play during the weekdays with us!
Back to top Go down
JDScherrey
Squat with the Squats
Squat with the Squats
JDScherrey

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 11:55 am

Yes, it was! With two other players coming in while we were playing, it seems like there is an interest in weekday gaming.

-Christoper
Back to top Go down
warhammerworld
Apothecary with a box of band aids
Apothecary with a box of band aids

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 12:15 pm

I have 4 new players that are chomping at the bit to learn the game. They can play during the week, but I need to get more info from them. I will do that today, and post here.
Back to top Go down
bdix
bdix

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime5th February 2010, 12:23 pm

Yeah, the best way to learn the game is the try and teach it to someone, definately send them this way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teach the Newbie 40K   Teach the Newbie 40K Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teach the Newbie 40K
Page 1 of 1