Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BoK 6th Ed rumors

Go down 
+6
big_d
Haren
Monkey
bsimon
capnwoodrow
Wildeyedjester
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime5th May 2012, 10:15 am

These rumors absolutely disgust me. To the point where I seriously may consider a full GW hiatus if this is even half true....

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2012/05/05/network-news-the-6th-edition-leak-and/

I, for one, hope tasty taste is full of crap but I fear otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehogsofwar.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime5th May 2012, 7:30 pm

If anyone wants to get some WFB/Mali/Warmachine in, I'm down for some games.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime5th May 2012, 9:28 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
May 12th 50pt SR2012 CHG
May 20th 50pt Double Highlander MGU
May 26th 35pt SR2012 TSE
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime6th May 2012, 4:25 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:

Malifaux doesn't have a following locally.

WFB is why I don't like these rumors in the first place. The rumors are WFB in space.

Of these I only think warmachime would be popular enough locally, or competitive enough on the larger scene. I didn't care for the close range of things after a few plays, but that could grow on you I guess.

Homestly what really turned me off of this was the reception the warmahordes crew gave a number of our 40k players at CHG.

Right now I don't like any of the options if this pans out as BoK says.
Back to top Go down
bsimon
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime6th May 2012, 5:02 pm

Wildeyedjester wrote:
Homestly what really turned me off of this was the reception the warmahordes crew gave a number of our 40k players at CHG.

I must've missed this. However, if you'd like to see a couple of warmahordes armies throw themselves at each other with "tournament lists" as opposed to battle boxes, I'll be glad to stop by Will's on Friday or Saturday (in June, granted, when I'm back).
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime6th May 2012, 7:43 pm

Thanks for the offer Brent.

I should be able to pass judgement by August. Im still hopeful this is bunk.

If not, I will take you up on your offer.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime6th May 2012, 10:04 pm

Today's rumor:

40k to finally get 'stand and shoot' charge reactions albeit at BS1 under the guise of snap fire. If random charges are in, this makes declaring the assault a riskier proposition with 5 man squads.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Veteran Sergeant without his helmet
Monkey

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 1:09 am

I'm a little trepidatious due to these rumors, but hopefully the entire picture will be less random.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 8:41 am

capnwoodrow wrote:
Today's rumor:

40k to finally get 'stand and shoot' charge reactions albeit at BS1 under the guise of snap fire. If random charges are in, this makes declaring the assault a riskier proposition with 5 man squads.

It makes getting an assault random while all gunfire is Fixed range. This would strengthen the shooting phase overall.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 8:56 am

I've also read about consolidating into another assault, which would give assault a boost. Hopefully, changes are balanced and psykers don't reach the level of wackiness that WFB magic seems to.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 9:01 am

Wildeyedjester wrote:
capnwoodrow wrote:
Today's rumor:

It makes getting an assault random while all gunfire is Fixed range. This would strengthen the shooting phase overall.

In a sense. Assuming movement is fixed to 6" this gives a mob of 30 Boyz an average threat range of 19" (6" movement, 6" assault + 2d6" [7]). This would give you 1-2 turns of shooting as opposed to the current shoot and scoot of weathering 5 turns of shooting.

Pure conjecture, of course, since I have no idea a) if these rumors are true or b) what the remainder of the rules interactions would be.

It is an interesting design philosophy. Back when I played WoW and my friend would want me to try other MMOs I used to think "Why would I play some other game that looks/plays just like this when I could WoW instead?" Seems to limit cross playing between 40k/Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 9:32 am

Monkey wrote:
I've also read about consolidating into another assault, which would give assault a boost. Hopefully, changes are balanced and psykers don't reach the level of wackiness that WFB magic seems to.

I don't see them going to the top spells in Fantasy with 40k as the scale tends to be 5-20 man squads, not 40 man blocks of troops. You dont need Dwellers below to take out 30% of a 10 man space marine squad. Smite does the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 10:52 am

You are forgetting how maneuverable things are in 40k. You don't assault every round nor do you march. You can run but then you don't get to shoot. You also don't assault when getting out of your car. It's still
3 turns unless you run at each other fantasy style. Back pedaling and side to side movement is a very different realm in 40k.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 11:10 am

Assuming 1 unit to 1 unit I'm sure it's still possible to play keep away for 3 turns.

I just meant assaulting 6+2d6 after a 6" move is further than 6+6 as it currently stands. Again this is based on movement + 2d6 for assault following the WFB model.

Also if terrain becomes a non-factor for infantry movement that will help assault armies across the table.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 11:17 am

Its easy to judge a system based on rumors. I honestly do not put much stock in any rumor on BoK, BoW, Warseer, or BoLS that is more than a month away. There is no consistency (some are even contradictory) in the rumors that come out of them these days. If these rumors for 6th ed were for a release on Jun 2, then I'd believe them more.

That said, I feel that if these rumors are true GW is trying to take 40k away from the WAAC players. If this is the case, then I'd say good luck because they haven't done that yet in fantasy. Heck even tournaments that have been using comp for a decade or more hasn't done that. All they have done was change the way that the WAAC player had to go about playing their game. The only real way they will ever get rid of all the WAAC players is if there is 100% parity between the armies.

I personally am not going to hold judgement of the system till we have the rulebook in our hands & have played a few games to see if we like it or not.
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 11:25 am

Hear hear!

I hated 8th because I was trying to play it like 7th. I quit for a bit and focused on 40k. Then I went back to 8th a few months down the line and just really enjoyed it (and stuck with it).

Whatever changes in 6th 40k it'll just take a while to adapt to playing it.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 1:17 pm

What I can't figure out is how you would do random assault distance in 40k. You would have to change the order you do things. In fantasy you get move +2d6. All move in 40k is 6" - that gives you a possible 18" assault range. That would be like giving all infantry fleet, sort of. Just seems really weird how you would do it. Would almost have to make you assault during the movement phase.

I kind of dig the stand and shoot option. From what I have seen it looks like it is at -1 BS as opposed to BS 1, otherwise orks and SM are on par at shooting in the regard. Would make a unit with massed plasma be really scary to assault.
Back to top Go down
ares
T-Shirt Explosion Owner
ares

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 2:13 pm

This thread is the perfect example of why GW has tried to keep all of the leaks to a minimum. People are already talking about quitting a game and moving to something else before anything has even come out yet. This was the problem that they experienced with several of their new army books / codexes. Due to rumors and leaked info, people were deciding wether or not they liked them or wether or not they would be effective before they even hit the market.
I do as I always do, wait for it to come out, try it and see how it does. If I love it , great. If I like it, I will play, just probably not as much. If I don't like it, I will probably only play occasionally, and If I truely hate it, I will only play it when I have to and wait for the next edition to come out. Such is life and all games. Warmahordes Mark I sucked big time, but the Mark II stuff is actually really fun and a lot easier to play. Thus the reason why it has gained popularity.
Back to top Go down
http://tshirtexplosion.com
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 6:01 pm

Clearly these are fabrications. They contain the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of:

GW advancing their fluff.
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 6:40 pm

ares wrote:
This thread is the perfect example of why GW has tried to keep all of the leaks to a minimum. People are already talking about quitting a game and moving to something else before anything has even come out yet. This was the problem that they experienced with several of their new army books / codexes. Due to rumors and leaked info, people were deciding wether or not they liked them or wether or not they would be effective before they even hit the market.

See we'll have to agree to disagree here.

GW has taken great pains in making sure that any information about what their working on doesn't make it out in the open, but at what cost. By not commenting on leaks, and by limiting their advertising lead time on their new products, all they have really done has been to allow the rumor mongers to thrive. Instead of showing off what their working on in some way, they have made it so that people rely on BoK, and BoLS for information on upcomming releases. But this reliance on these sources also creates an avenue for disinformation to reach the consumer.

If GW has a PR firm and I worked for them, I'd tell them that they need to communicate with their customers. Be it as a monthly newsletter, or a weekly blog post about up coming things. Own the message to the consumer instead of allowing others to own your message, and there in by your customers.

ares wrote:
Warmahordes Mark I sucked big time, but the Mark II stuff is actually really fun and a lot easier to play. Thus the reason why it has gained popularity.

The reason that Mk II is better than Mk I has to do with the fact that PP didn't freeze their community out of the development of it. PP rewrote the rules, and released the playtest rules to the player base with the simple instruction of Break it. Roughly 6 months later PP released the Prime Mk II.

Last edited by Haren on 7th May 2012, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Haren
Venerable Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Haren

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 6:42 pm

capnwoodrow wrote:
Clearly these are fabrications. They contain the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of:

GW advancing their fluff.

Your right. Gw doesn't advance their fluff... They rewrite it!!
Back to top Go down
Wildeyedjester
Inquisitor
Wildeyedjester

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 6:53 pm

Very good observations Haren.
Back to top Go down
big_d
Inquisitor
big_d

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 9:41 pm

I saw something relating to the fluff rewrites one time that was a really neat interpretation of why it happened. Think of it as 1984. History/current events were constantly getting re-wrote by Big Brother and what is more Big Brotherish than the Imperium of Man?
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime7th May 2012, 9:57 pm

GW and Newspeak. That sounds about right.

I agree with Haren as to GW's failure to own the message. All they need to do is extend their timetable for advertisement and promotion and they would quell much of this misinformation as people would be largely sated.

The notion that their current rumor lockdown is anything but a blunder is beyond me. They are alienating their player base, and it has begun to feel like a, "You schmucks will buy this no matter what we do, so suck it, Mwuhahahahahah....Mwuhahahahahahha," philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Khaas
Chaos Daemon Prince
Chaos Daemon Prince
Khaas

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime8th May 2012, 12:08 am

I'm going to have to agree wholeheartedly on this one. There's no obvious avenue of interaction between the developers and the gamers. Even a game like World of Warcraft at least makes the token gesture of fostering a community. It would certainly seem possible to release bits of information ahead of time as well, if nothing else at least the rumor mongers would have a basis in reality, and a direction before going off the deep end.

I'd love to see them do a Call to Arms series, where they have official forums and lay out ideas they have for the future of the game(s) and armies, then ask players for their feedback. For instance:

"We're working on the new Chaos book, and we have some ideas. We're moving more in this direction than we have in the past. But we'd like to know, what's the the three things you'd most like to see in the new book and product line for Chaos?"

In terms of WFB players, it would give them at least an idea of how many players really want to see new Dragon Ogre models, or actual Forsaken models, etc. I'm sure in 40k there are clear examples as well. Plain and simple, GW needs a forum and a staff of community relation experts.

But more importantly...

They need some quality control on that Finecast crap, like yesterday!
Back to top Go down
http://srsbusiness.org
Sponsored content

BoK 6th Ed rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: BoK 6th Ed rumors   BoK 6th Ed rumors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BoK 6th Ed rumors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next