Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Elves Shiloh list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

Dark Elves Shiloh list Empty
PostSubject: Dark Elves Shiloh list   Dark Elves Shiloh list Icon_minitime17th December 2011, 11:08 pm

It's that time again and I have seem to have lost my Army Blog, i'll have to restart it now that actual "progress" has been made.

I'd love the idea of picking a up a best in race - but I think there are just going to be a lot of tough DE lists their this year. Guess i'll give it a shot with this:

Unkillable PegDredLord
-dragonhelm, pendant, stubcrown

Lvl4 Shadow
-sac dagger, seal of ghrond, ironcurse icon

lvl2 Fire
-scroll, pearl of immune to psych

Death Hag BSB
-cauldron

22 Warriors, FC, shield

2x10 RxBmen, muso, std

2x 5 Harpies

25x Corsairs, FC, frenzy banner

18x Black Guard, FC, armor piercing banner

2x 6 shades, extra wep

Hydra, rawwwwr
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Shiloh list   Dark Elves Shiloh list Icon_minitime19th December 2011, 10:56 pm

Throw a GW on the Lord. Most people advise against this. You loose his Int blah blah blah. Hes 'unkillable' if he dies and doesn't get to swing hes already not done his job. His 4 attacks won't matter.

I don't know if you need both the scroll and the seal. But to each there own depends on how much you fear magic.

Pearl of bleakness? Your mostly leadership 9 or 10 reroll. I don't know if this is needed. Also the unit she joins can't tactical flee. I would recommend against this.

What do you feel lore of fire brings that your army lacks?

I would combine the crossbows. Always hitting on 5 or 6's makes 10 not that great of a choice. Pretty much just light chariot, light cav and manglar squig hunters. A 20 man unit with shields can double as a secondary combat block to assist a crucial combat after the first couple rounds of shooting. Just swift reform 5 wide and throw more bodies at them. + parry saves!

Everything else looks swell. Lemme know how the corsairs work out. The only way I'd ever run the frenzy guys is if I had a lvl 4 shadow which you do. So I'm curious to see that in action.

I think theres gonna be a lot of DE's there. Sadly. Sad
Back to top Go down
capnwoodrow
Interrogator
capnwoodrow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Shiloh list   Dark Elves Shiloh list Icon_minitime20th December 2011, 8:10 pm

Re-drafting a list with some of the critique in mind. Really just started building/playing it so i'm still experimenting with them.

Good call on the d'lord's GW. I can drop the pearl too. I may just have to play around with the Crossbowmen and see which set up I like best. Honestly in this list I use them for 2 drops so I can see where I need to commit the blocks. I do like being able to set them up as a combat bunker in front of my spears tho...

I like the corsairs, I just haven't used them 'properly' yet. First game with them they were dodged the whole time while Pegs pinned an ogre deathstar, 2nd game I blew up my lvl 4 in turn two, and game 3 I failed to get mindrazor or withering.

My only real defense of the list is the fire lvl 2. I think fire is the best utility lore in the game right now. Fireball, flamecage, burning sword...all good spells. You prefer metal lvl 2 or just going single caster?
Back to top Go down
littleboyblues
Dreadnought
Dreadnought
littleboyblues

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Shiloh list   Dark Elves Shiloh list Icon_minitime21st December 2011, 5:04 am

I tried a 40 man horde of corsairs for a while. They always got toasted to like 10 guys before I made it to combat. Sad But other people seem to have success with them. So give em a good shake.

Just asking about the fire mage. Just curious about your her exact role.
Back to top Go down
RockWars
Flashlight toting Guardsman
RockWars

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Shiloh list   Dark Elves Shiloh list Icon_minitime21st December 2011, 11:14 am

Very solid, agree with LBB across the board. And I do think Metal is better than fire in the army, just to deal with stanks, other hydras, and it has quite a bit of utility.

Oh the other hand I hate that you are taking the unkillable dreadlord, he is a chump. Hence running death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves Shiloh list   Dark Elves Shiloh list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Elves Shiloh list
Page 1 of 1